IGNORED

one retro game that i have to play?

bplus

Hi,

Right i ve got a few hours to spare, my birds not back till ten. I ve got a fairly powerful pc so emulators: if you could pick one game to play right now out of the following formats:

snes

megadrive

arcade

what would it be?

Recommend me something enlightened people!

Ummm.... try Haunting, on the Megadrive (Might be called Haunted, The Haunting. Something like that)

It really is great fun, and if you've never played it before, tis especially good because you won't have that crushing feeling of finding out your favourite game as a child, is in fact pants.

(I haven't played it in years, so it might in fact be pants, but it's definitely worth a try.)

Wonderboy III: Monster's Lair.

I would say play it on MAME since it's got no slowdown. But it's also got no sound so maybe go for the Mega Drive version? Who cares! It's great.

If you have no luck, then my second choice would be Bonanza Bros. I was playing it last month, and it's still absolutely brilliant.

Edit: Megadrive again.

Didn't it originate as a coin-op? I'm sure I remember seeing screen shots in a Crash arcade supplement, God knows how many years ago.

I would say play it on MAME since it's got no slowdown. But it's also got no sound so maybe go for the Mega Drive version? Who cares! It's great.

What is so great about this game? I dont have childhood memories of it (i do of wonderboy - i used to love that game, but playing it now.. its too long and hard).

I have Wonderboy 3 for Gamegear, master system and mame, but i never got into it.

For the snes, a couple of largely overlooked games include Sunset Riders (a 2d side scrolling platform shooter set in the wild west - sort of like gunstar heroes) and Unirally (a 2d side scrolling racing game that did the tricks thing years before the tony hawks series).

yeah agreeded both are great. Unirally kept me entertained for ages and ages.

Ive only played the arcade version of sunset riders on mame, but it is indeed good fun - but mainly with more than 1 player..

If you have no luck, then my second choice would be Bonanza Bros. I was playing it last month, and it's still absolutely brilliant.

Didn't it originate as a coin-op? I'm sure I remember seeing screen shots in a Crash arcade supplement, God knows how many years ago.

I couldn't say for definite, but it's certainly a possibility considering Sega made it.

And Sunset Riders... oh yes.

NO! You silly boy, get the Master system version.

I might do some MS sound recording tonight and get the title music off Scramble Spirits.

Utter.Class.

I couldn't say for definite, but it's certainly a possibility considering Sega made it.

And Sunset Riders... oh yes.

Yeah, Bonanza Bros was arcade first - ray-traced goodness :huh: