Borderlands 2 - Show Me Your Guns!

Thread Owner

Anyone else using the strategy against mobs of taking one down to minimum health and then focusing on the rest so that if you get wiped out you can get your second wind with just a single shot to the enemy with low health?

Edit: Thanks for that link kitten. I'm, a sucker for a hardback and I'm finding the game a bit overwhelming at the moment so I've ordered that.

Just completed 'The Once and Future Slab', in terms of progress in the story. Boy oh boy, is this game good. Gunzerker is really hitting it's stride, especially with Moxxi's Heart Breaker - It's even ruining Hyperion Robots, with Badasses getting dunked by pulling out an Acid/Lightning SMG to the mix. Lovely!

I pretty much lost my shit at 'Shoot this guy in the face', though. The side missions really have been incredible, Myself and Moodmon were howling with laughter when we twigged what 'Splinter Squad' was all about. And then Mood ate the fucking pizza, the prick.

Gearbox have really made up for the pretty drab environments from Borderlands - Time of day changes really saturate the open air terrain, while. Caustic Caverns and the Wildlife Exploitation facility look fantastic, and in the case of those two places, the ambient music really is great - for some reason, it really smacks of PSO. And yet my X4 640 and 6850's pumping this game out at a fair good whack at 1080p and it's all wonderful.

The only passion killer for me personally is that, being one of the unlucky lot that can't connect to friends unless I open up 15,000 ports on my router , It's a bit wank that I'm only playing with one or two people at a time. But hey, nothing's perfect. With any luck, a fix will be out in a couple of days.

I was a bit disappointed at how few side quests there seemed to be so finally conceded and followed the story ones. After a fairly big change in location however I realise they just wanted me to get to a certain point before bombarding me and I now have quests coming out of every orifice.

I got a really nice infinite pistol quite early in the game as well (think about lvl 10/11). I can hold that trigger forever and it'll never stop firing. Shame that at lvl 20 now it's damage and accuracy is pretty useless :-(

Dipped in to some co-op but mainly been playing solo. I found it a little bit too crazy and plus I don't have any friends on Live so playing with randoms kind of sucked. I prefer the satisfaction of going round alone, peeking in all the boxes, doing side quests and such. I think the game is best experience solo, but maybe once I've levelled up I'll join the co-op fray.

Playing solo can be hard work at times but is incredibly satisfying when you make progress and take down the more formidable bosses on your own. I played through most of B1 solo before hitting the co-op and so far I've been playing this solo, although I think I'll accept any invites thrown at me :P

Anyone else using the strategy against mobs of taking one down to minimum health and then focusing on the rest so that if you get wiped out you can get your second wind with just a single shot to the enemy with low health?

Yeah, it's a brilliant tactic for when you're faced with a huge boss and waves of smaller enemies; playing as a Commando I just have to make sure my Sabre turret doesn't wipe out weakened enemies too soon!

In other news, one of my favourite moments in the game so far was accepting the mission "Claptrap's Secret Stash" - total panic followed by many lols. :D

I pretty much lost my shit at 'Shoot this guy in the face', though. The side missions really have been incredible, Myself and Moodmon were howling with laughter when we twigged what 'Splinter Squad' was all about. And then Mood ate the fucking pizza, the prick.

I loved that bit, especially when right after it;

You play around with the witches outside and if you get the green lights to match "Splinter" appears :lol:

I like the game, what's not to like, it's more Borderlands. However, playing on PC with mouse+keyboard menu navigation and inventory management is a complete cluster.

It's still not great, but learn the keyboard shortcuts and it's OK. What I wouldn't give for a bog standard drag and drop MMO 'bag' setup.

I'll do that as soon as you stop talking about FOV in every. single. thread.

I used to play games on PC then realised you do actually end up wanking about with settings more than playing the game.

Clippa is probably like level 3 after spending all weekend with it.

Fixed platforms are so much better for just getting stuck in.

The strange pausing bug I've had - someone else said they had rolled back to old network drivers and it had fixed it.

Now my network adaptor is an old belkin USB dongle that connects to the router downstairs. It is old indeed - the driver on it is from 2004z

As its something to do with the network connection might a new adaptor solve it? Or some other driver, somewhere?

It's just strange as it doesn't do it on any other game...

I fall in love with guns on a superficial, aesthetic level. If my orange and white pistol looks sufficiently 70's SciFi then I'm using it! Even if it only deals out minor scratches!

I totally do this, I also just get attached to ones that saw me good.

In BL1 I had an smg that fired 4 bullets at once and was super powerful, not found any smg's as loot yet though im only level 5 mind

My current weapon of choice is the steady shooting widow maker. It packs a hell of a punch for a revolver, has a laser sight which goes against its wild west asthetic wonderfully and it makes heading into town feel like I'm Clint Eastward out for revenge. Fast shootin from the hip as a bunch of crazies come charging at you is ace. Its a keeper.

Favourite at the moment is my Torgue Assault Rifle, which in turn is more of a triple-barrelled Gatling gun that fires mini-rockets. Even better, it winds up to full speed just like a Gatling, too! Reloads very quickly too, and unlike the shotguns it seems to not expend extra ammo for those explosive shots.

That and Moxxi's Heart Breaker for Gunzerking = Everything's DEAD.

Up to Chapter 16 now:

...Which allows me to follow up with 'Just like Roland' :( Shame that his Armoury box was a bit shit, but rooting through all of Marcus' chests made up for it somewhat.

I just got this shotgun:

Octo means nine...: fires 8 pellets in 3x3 pattern with centre left pellet missing. pellets are slow moving and fly in a Sine-Wave pattern while leaving yellow orange trails.

Its freaking glorious with corrosive damage.

Gloriously silly. That just convinced me to pick this up...

Yeah, should take around 10 kills to level it all the way depending on what else you're fighting. Try and weaken anything it happens to be beating up as they can still die if they attract a crowd of fire, then be prepared to actually deal with the monster you've helped create ;)