tbb

Borderlands 2 - Show Me Your Guns!

U7mi3.jpg

FzFvz.jpg

Gearbox Software’s co-op lootfest is back with a host of exciting changes to the first game's addictive formula.

The September issue of Game Informer contains 12 pages of exclusive details and screenshots from Borderlands 2, and outlines the numerous improvements the developer has in store for your return trip to Pandora. Don’t expect just a couple bazillion more guns this time around. Gearbox is introducing new and more diverse environments, smarter and more powerful enemies, and an improved mission system capable of delivering a better story. This and much more will be revealed in the story, as well as our full month of additional online content.

In addition to taking a look at Borderlands 2, the September issue contains an extensive roundup of the games heading to the 3DS this year, plus an in-depth look at how research and development has shaped the creation of some of your favorite era-specific games. We also take a look at the wildly popular I Am 8-Bit art show, and the history of the wildly awful Super Mario Bros. feature film. Plus, find out which holiday game GI readers are most excited about in our revealing survey. The September issue of Game Informer will start arriving in mailboxes in the next few days.

About time too. Let's just hope they don't change the dynamic too much but just add loads more baddies.

Switchable weapon parts may be good too as opposed to just BAZILLIONS of weapons.

• Upvote 3

Look at me, I'm dancing, I'm dancing!

Yay! Boyfriend ordered me the 4 inch talking claptrap from play for an Easter gift. Every few weeks they put back the release date. It last changed to the 8th July and hasn't changed since. We now have a bet on us getting Borderlands 2 before Claptrap. :(

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This has surprised me. I didn't think the first sold that well?

I should really hurry up and finish the first. Bought it not long ago and have really enjoyed it. Apart from those bandits that ALWAYS spawn right next to Fyrestone. Fuck those guys.

This has surprised me. I didn't think the first sold that well?

I seem to recall that it was sent to die but it did much better than expected. Also, I think the graphical style and humour came quite late in development, 2 key ingredients to it's eventual success.

I loved it, and can't wait for a sequel.

Yep, I didn't expect to like it in the slightest. Turned out to be one of my all time favourite co-op games. Have played through most of the DLC, all except the later arena levels as they are going to take hours and lots of patience. :)

I'm really looking forward to the sequel, I do hope that they don't change too much about the actual gameplay as I adored just about everything. The main thing for me that could use a rework is the weapon management. I was rubbish at comparing the guns so picked up only White drops so as to not confuse my inventory. :blush:

Things they need to improve for the sequel: enemy variety, level variety, weapon variety, class variety. More things to shoot that are different from each other in new and exciting places with weapons that are noticeably different and not just silly reskins and allow more freedom of class choice (in terms of abilities, customisation and playability). Bang on, can't wait.

• Upvote 1

The main thing for me that could use a rework is the weapon management. I was rubbish at comparing the guns so picked up only White drops so as to not confuse my inventory. :blush:

in your inventory screen if you move the cursor to a weapon then press X it will compare it for you (I didn't notice this for ages) As you move the cursor over other weapons it will show an up or down arrow showing if the stat is better or worse than the compared item.

• Upvote 1

*nodnod* My problem was that I wanted decent various weapons of different types, such as a shock one for shields, a fire one for PEW and screams, a corrosive one for face melting and just my regular shotguns, etc. So I had about 12 guns that I switched between. To compare them all every time a weapon dropped would have taken ages so I generally only picked up White drops so I knew what I could quickly sell without worrying I was selling one of my awesome babies. Only when a blue/purple/yellow dropped of a Shotgun would I take the time to compare.

I mainly know it was me being rubbish at picking my loots, but I was always fearful of selling my uber weapons of awesome by accident, even if there was some way you could have locked selected loot to make it unsellable would be better for me. :)

• Upvote 1

Switchable weapon parts may be good too as opposed to just BAZILLIONS of weapons.

I'd like to see this. Building my own set of weaponry, customising each own to my preferred play style, would add way more depth. Imagine posting pictures of the most outlandish weapons we've made.

That would be amazing, and I for one would certainly welcome our new custom built weapon overlords, but I'd be a bit worried something like that would either make things a bit too straight forward (and encourage people just to stick with what they know and like) or create some kind of hellish ubergrind for the very choicest parts to make the choicest weapon at the end game.

It's official now :)

"Borderlands 2 features all new characters, skills, environments, enemies, weapons and equipment, which come together in an ambitiously crafted story. Players will reveal secrets, and escalate mysteries of the Borderlands universe as they adventure across the unexplored new areas of Pandora."

Ooh can't wait

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Gearbox Software’s co-op lootfest is back with a host of exciting changes to the first game's addictive formula.

The September issue of Game Informer contains 12 pages of exclusive details and screenshots from Borderlands 2, and outlines the numerous improvements the developer has in store for your return trip to Pandora. Don’t expect just a couple bazillion more guns this time around. Gearbox is introducing new and more diverse environments, smarter and more powerful enemies, and an improved mission system capable of delivering a better story. This and much more will be revealed in the story, as well as our full month of additional online content.

In addition to taking a look at Borderlands 2, the September issue contains an extensive roundup of the games heading to the 3DS this year, plus an in-depth look at how research and development has shaped the creation of some of your favorite era-specific games. We also take a look at the wildly popular I Am 8-Bit art show, and the history of the wildly awful Super Mario Bros. feature film. Plus, find out which holiday game GI readers are most excited about in our revealing survey. The September issue of Game Informer will start arriving in mailboxes in the next few days. In the meantime, check out the full cover below.

sepcoverblspreadh64y.jpg

Can't wait for this :D

I picked up Borderlands a bit late, after all the online fun had died down a bit, but I managed to convince a few friends to order it and we had a great time playing through co-op. I keep meaning to go back to it actually, I never got my soldier to 69 and didn't finish some of the DLC.

If they can keep the core of the game together and make some improvements (though I can't think of anyhting that annoyed me) then i'll definitely be there for the sequel :)

Can't wait for this :D

I picked up Borderlands a bit late, after all the online fun had died down a bit, but I managed to convince a few friends to order it and we had a great time playing through co-op. I keep meaning to go back to it actually, I never got my soldier to 69 and didn't finish some of the DLC.

If they can keep the core of the game together and make some improvements (though I can't think of anyhting that annoyed me) then i'll definitely be there for the sequel :)

A way to mark your weapons as favourite so you do not sell them by accident.

A collect all loot function without the gun you pick up being equipped

I like the current auto-loot collection not picking up weapons.

I'd much rather pick up all the ammo/cash around the weapon in one and then inspect the weapon while it's still on the floor like it was. Saves me checking my bags to find it was a shit gun and having to throw it for space.

Miiine!

Anyone found the full Game Informer article scan yet?

Nope I was searching at lunch time but no joy :(

I like the current auto-loot collection not picking up weapons.

I'd much rather pick up all the ammo/cash around the weapon in one and then inspect the weapon while it's still on the floor like it was. Saves me checking my bags to find it was a shit gun and having to throw it for space.

Yes good point, although I tend to collect everything and go through my inventory when full to drop anything below 10K to make space, everything left gets sold at the nearest shop.