IGNORED

RPL Rovers - Season 14

sith

Agreed we were all pish in that second game. Unlucky in the first trilogy of games, but those are the breaks.

Need to ban over the top balls and just keep it on the floor. Coms was pish aswell it was like playing with dead fish :P

But seriously if your open shout for it, if no-one shouts for it just say where your passing etc.

Once, Twice, Three times a restart......

GAME ONE

The new season began with a typically horrific night for FIFA servers. In the first attempt of game 1 we managed just a full ½, in which Wanderers took the lead. I can’t remember but I think it was Tris with some trickery and a Tommy own goal but I may be wrong. Soon after Mackenie dropped and as the Wanderers any the game had to be restarted. Attempt 2 of game 1 started quite brightly for Rovers scoring quickly after the kick off with a good interception by Tommymat playing a nice pass out on the wing toc Mardigan who delivered curling cross onto John Carew’s head who nodded home to make it 1-1. Some point not long after that Mardigan who was Rovers any, dropped......

At this point it’s fair to say that everyone apart from Supercat was annoyed with the restarts (Supercat always goes on about how much he loves staying up late on Thursdays playing BAP). After some tom foolery in the next attempt at setting up the final phase of the trilogy the third and final restart seemed to get things working. Ricky tried to inspire his wanderers team mates with a commodores cover, which quite frankly was worse on the asshat who kept plugging his broken mic back in during the previous restarts. Suffice to say it was probably Pilotwings...

So finally we managed to get this underway and form memory Rovers played the better football, Gerry hitting the cross bar and Gerry putting Supercat through one on one only for the poor sub 60 finishing stat letting him down, immediately after this wanderers went up and scored. A killer blow to Rovers who probably deserved a point for putting up with Rickys singing, and you know, playing alright.

MOTM

This was a tough one as some people couldn’t remember much due to all the restarts, the votes where spread thin with only 6 votes being cast but one man stood out tall among the rest, mostly as he was John Carew and bigger than the rest of the team but also as he scored unbelievably with his head! Some neat work out on the wing between Tommy & Mardigan, Mardigan then whipping in an early cross for Gerry to score with a nice header.

Player Votes

Gerry Helmet 2

Mardigan 1

Sith 1

Supercat 1

Stephen129 1

Johnny Argos 0

Kirky 0

Ryanski 0

Celtic Chris 0

TommyMat 0

GAME TWO

Game 2 went off without a hitch, but let’s be perfectly frank, the entire Rovers team needs to take the blame for a woeful performance. Passing was rubbish, we held onto the ball too long and lost it time and time again. The defence pottered about in possession and when Wanderers attacked they acted as if the ball was a grenade, midfield played like strikers and the strikers might as well have not shown up. No-one person can take the blame for this (apart from Ryanski) but when we’re faced with that shambles we need direction and a plan. Take nothing from Wanderers they played well and took their chances when they came.

MOTM

More votes cast in this encounter and even though he was explicably at fault for the first goal Ryanski came away with 4 votes. After a drunkenly meandering around the box to cause the first goal Ryanski picked up his game in the second half. Cool calm and composed in CDM he broke up the play and tried his best to get the ball moving and kick start some kind of fight back, alas he was surrounded by 9 inanimate carbon rods one of whom made the cover of a popular magazine for his performance but not enough to budge Ryanski from receiving his MOTM award

time_simpsons_5.jpg

Player Votes

Ryanski 4

Mardigan 2

Stephen129 1

Celtic Chris 1

Gerry Helmet 1

Inanimite Carbon Rod 1

Sith 0

Johnny Argos 0

Kirky 0

Supercat 0

TommyMat 0

Best Banter

Allot of different opinions on the banter but one moment was recalled by a few. Gerry had the ball passed inside in front of the 18 yard box he got passed a couple of players and took what turned out to be a terrible shot, Sith then bemoaned the fact that he was open on the far side of the box, Gerry ranted about shouting for the ball. that comms was shit and it felt like playing with a bunch of dead Chickens.....

Magic Moment

A couple of shouts for Tommy’s own goal, however the Majority of people went for the Goal which as was probably the only real highlight is talked about multiple time already so you probably know how it went down....

Running MOTM Votes

Player Votes

Ryanski 4

Gerry Helmet 3

Mardigan 3

Stephen129 2

Celtic Chris 1

Sith 1

Supercat 1

Johnny Argos 0

Kirky 0

TommyMat 0

Running MOTM Awards

Player Awards

Ryanski 1

Gerry Helmet 1

Mardigan 0

Stephen129 0

Celtic Chris 0

Sith 0

Supercat 0

Johnny Argos 0

Kirky 0

TommyMat 0

Cheers for the MotM guys, I'm a very inexperienced sober BAP player so it's apreciated. :lol: Must admit I was quite shocked to get home from work on break and see that the second game hadn't yet started, then I had a major dilemma as to whether to play or tuck into my southern fried chicken fillets that were waiting on me. They didn't taste quite as good as expected after a 0-3. :( Next week I shall be back to full drunkenness and back passes to the keeper won't happen.

Cheers for the MotM guys, I'm a very inexperienced sober BAP player so it's apreciated. :lol: Must admit I was quite shocked to get home from work on break and see that the second game hadn't yet started, then I had a major dilemma as to whether to play or tuck into my southern fried chicken fillets that were waiting on me. They didn't taste quite as good as expected after a 0-3. :( Next week I shall be back to full drunkenness and back passes to the keeper won't happen.

Will you have more chicken?? Chicken is good!!

Oh no doubt, the 2nd game could have been a massacre.

Still dissapointing to concede in the 81st and 90th minute though, poor defending :(

No not really mate, poor midfield! the ball never once left our half it was a constant attack from them so we were bound to concede

Best form of defence is attack the second half of the second game we didnt do that once.

No not really mate, poor midfield! the ball never once left our half it was a constant attack from them so we were bound to concede

Best form of defence is attack the second half of the second game we didnt do that once.

Have to agree. We got absolutely pummelled in the 2nd half of game 2 and like any game of football if you are under that kind of pressure with no relief then you are going to concede eventually. It was testament to the defence that we held out for that long.

Nothing really clicked in the 2nd game and when the comms went down it made it very difficult. We were talking really well during the 1st game, which I think made a big difference.

Got to take the positives from the good win though and build on that for next week lads.

The last time we had that many shots in a game we put 7 past City, so to only concede 2 and for them to come so late in the game should be a reflection on how well you guys did at the back. Still, I can understand the disappointment in conceding so late in the game.

The highlights should be good :)

The Super Supercat Show.....

Game 1

Athletic 1 – Rovers 4

This was all about the clinical master class displayed by Supercat. After spending the last few weeks hating on the man tank John Carew Supercat finally agreed to take control of Carew. Clearly a finishing stat of 83 helped Supercat find the net on 4 separate occasions as Rovers went on to collect their first points of the campaign. Two of the goals came from Riiser Rockets, the others I can’t remember too much about them, but I’m sure they were awesome. Rovers outplayed their Athletic opponents for the vast majority of the match as they struggled to make any real chances, their goal coming from a bit of scramble and a horrific touch by a Norwegian defender. That probably made up for the first Goal that Norway scored which came from a chest of Doom with Carew pick pocketing the defenders bad control and slotting home.

MOTM Game 1

Who would have thunked it? Ryanski? Gerry? No they both played crap especially Ryanski who Cleary didn’t have enough to drink the cantankerous bastard. No it was in fact Super Supercat who got all 8 of the votes (Sith and Supercat didn’t vote). It was indeed a great display from Supercat, he was involved in everything going forward and decimated the Austrian defence with his strength, power and finishing.

Vote Break down

Super Cat 8

Everyone else 0

Game 2

Rovers 1 – Athletic 2

I dropped from this game, which is more than likely why we lost. Supercat can’t function without his super awesome strike partner and even though Sith blamed the defence (again) and Tommy blamed the Midfield, the real reason was the absence of Gerry Helmet. Truth be told, Athletic are a strong team and from teh sounds of it they deserved the win.

MOTM Game 2

Sith (I Dropped, but from the sounds of it he played a great pass to set up Supercats 5th goal of the evening overall)

Vote Break down

Sith 3

Johnny Argos 2

Stephen 1

Tommy Matt 1

Running Stats

post-11490-084405300 1313756815_thumb.jp

They were shit and I'm busy, everyone voted for different things...

Magic Moment

John Carew pumped full of illegal substances running amok the Austria Back line

Best Banter

1. Banter, tommys crisps comments he was oblivious to if we could hear him or not mind.
  2. Banter "10 players to kick you".
  3. Dunno
  4. ...
  5. Lost all comms in the second game so no best banter for me
  6. Gerry laughing at one of Mardigans throw ins, only to see it knocked down into the path of Supercat who burst the net GOOOAAALLL!!!!!