IGNORED

Resident Evil 6

The Sarge

Last boss: Took me a few goes to work out, but, once you've speared a zombie and he grabs him and explodes,

don't bother shooting him. Just pick up the spear again, walk up to his eyes and press the right trigger when the prompt appears. Leon spears it right between the eyes.

One dead boss. I think the clue is in Leon saying we have to ground him, if you see what i mean.

I finished the last boss without ever realising you could do this. It's very unintuitive and jumbled, even Davros thinks so!

Finished both Leon an Jakes campaigns. Leon's was awesome verging on greatness for me cept for a few flaws. Jakes was good fun, some of what they tried didn't really work but it was a fun however many hours it took. One thing with Jake that bugged me was considering he's the son of Wesker he wasn't that much of a hard case. Done the first 2 chapters of Chris an look forward to finishing that. Still think its the Dark Knight Rises of games, could have been spectacular but for some reason it just wasn't.

Bizarre, I thought the T-Rex and Lion forms of the final boss were absolutely fucking tedious but really enjoyed the final incarnation. At least it has nice big weakspots with limbs you can blow off, unlike the other versions which seem to just run around endlessly until a completely arbritraty time limit says its time to die. After fighting the skyscraper corridor version for over 10 minutes I then watched it die without anyone actually shooting it.

I also loved just how fucking stupid the actual method of finally killing him was. There was some good shit going around the office when they came up with that.

why are you doing this

Yeah. It's not even that cryptic.

It is a bit cryptic in that it's an Americanism, I think. We use the term earth to make sure something is connected to the earth whereas the American use the term grounded. I think that's right and I'm sure I've heard that term.

Anyway, has anyone mentioned the brilliant last shot when you kill Leon's last boss?

The shot above the spike with all the blood spilling into the four sections to form the umbrella logo. I fucking loved that.

Because:

1. Leon and Helena both say "This isn't working!" or words to that effect

2. Leon says "He's using the other infected to regenerate himself" to which Helena says "I say we cut off his food supply"

3. Someone earlier in the thread said you had to

I think the cut off his food supply message is trying to make sure he goes for the one you've spiked. I do agree that the comments aren't that clear, but I always go for something different when something is clearly not working on a boss, which is why I managed it on my fourth go.

Actually I think I've only had three attempts myself, it's just that each one dragged on for an absolute age because I had no ammo.

People keep saying that the stuff about the lightning rods is easy as if that was the problem I was having. It wasn't, I realised what you had to do there immediately. It's just that he likes to eat non electrified zombies between meals, and for all I knew he could regenerate like that indefinitely unless I killed all of them before he had a chance.

Bizarre, I thought the T-Rex and Lion forms of the final boss were absolutely fucking tedious but really enjoyed the final incarnation. At least it has nice big weakspots with limbs you can blow off, unlike the other versions which seem to just run around endlessly until a completely arbritraty time limit says its time to die. After fighting the skyscraper corridor version for over 10 minutes I then watched it die without anyone actually shooting it.

I also loved just how fucking stupid the actual method of finally killing him was. There was some good shit going around the office when they came up with that.

The t-rex has a massive glowing eye in it's mouth! How did you not spot that weak spot. Anyway, I just lured it near the barrels and blew it up with them, then I put a couple of remote mines down to finish it off.

Actually I think I've only had three attempts myself, it's just that each one dragged on for an absolute age because I had no ammo.

People keep saying that the stuff about the lightning rods is easy as if that was the problem I was having. It wasn't, I realised what you had to do there immediately. It's just that he likes to eat non electrified zombies between meals, and for all I knew he could regenerate like that indefinitely unless I killed all of them before he had a chance.

STAB HIM WITH THE NEEDLE!

It's not just that it's also a bit naff as a boss. So far he's been a big lion, a big scorpion, a T-Rex, and a Fly. I think the design team were in the pub when they came up with that.

The cracks are starting to appear! Now you get the joy of Spainkiller and APM telling you you're wrong. I think almost everyone else has abandoned thread :lol:

When I did it, he sometimes took the speared one and sometimes took another, so I made a point of clearing all the zombies as I went. I had insane amounts of ammo though, not sure how you could run out. I did get 80% accuracy overall on that campaign though, so I wasn't wasting lots of shots.

I ran out of ammo on the Chris final boss, so I did most of it with a knife lol. It was pretty dumb :D

When I did it, he sometimes took the speared one and sometimes took another, so I made a point of clearing all the zombies as I went. I had insane amounts of ammo though, not sure how you could run out. I did get 80% accuracy overall on that campaign though, so I wasn't wasting lots of shots.

I ran out of ammo on the Chris final boss, so I did most of it with a knife lol. It was pretty dumb :D

The knife is the best weapon for that fight :)

For the most part though I've enjoyed playing this campaign almost...almost as much as I enjoyed playing RE4. Yep, RE4. ohmy.png

That's exactly what I think. The whole thing has been a blast and, for me, has been as enjoyable as my first play through of RE4. Whether subsequent playthroughs will be as good remains to be seen. I mean, I could go back through RE4 and pick apart the weaknesses it has, and it does have them, but what would be the point in comparison to how much it gets right? I feel the same about this.

Agreed. It also feels like a proper sequel to RE4 in the way that RE5 somehow didn't, even though it borrowed most of the gameplay mechanics. The Cathedral and Catacombs really felt like I was playing RE4+

This has more memorable moments than 5 as well. I love things like the bit in the demo where you slam the door on the zombies and have to blast them at close range, or the bit on the bus when Leon and Helena are trapped on the floor and have to shoot them. Or the quiet, creepy drive through the fog in the armoured car. These are minor moments or gameplay variations, but I think they just make for a really diverse and memorable feel to the game

Still not played Chris's or Jake's campaigns mind you...

Bit weird how the prologue happens again, only totally different. Would have made more sense in a way to show it as a condensed cutscene.

Yeah, that was odd...

Tell you what I did do. When you get to the end of that corridor when running from the fog, you can make a stand there instead of opening the door and zombies just keep on coming. I spent ages just blasting way, farming ammo and meleeing shit to death. Great fun.

This has more memorable moments than 5 as well.

See, I've been having a big problem with my memories of 5 recently. Every time I got to think about something awesome that happened in the game it turns out I was thinking about something awesome happening in 4 instead. I can't really remember any stand out bits of 5 but I'm sure I enjoyed it.

Yeah, that was odd...

Tell you what I did do. When you get to the end of that corridor when running from the fog, you can make a stand there instead of opening the door and zombies just keep on coming. I spent ages just blasting way, farming ammo and meleeing shit to death. Great fun.

Oh, I did that as well - I thought the game was fucked because the goons kept appearing out of thin air and dropping loot.

Yeah, that was odd...

Yeah me too, in fact that's probably where all my ammo went!

I always loiter in all those moments, if you can. It ties into one of my criticisms a bit though, which is that there is never any going back, nor really any exploration of any kind. I missed a green herb by the door just before the T-Rex room (spotted it as the door opening mini cutscene started), so I wanted to just open the door, go back and grab it. No can do.

See, I've been having a big problem with my memories of 5 recently. Every time I got to think about something awesome that happened in the game it turns out I was thinking about something awesome happening in 4 instead. I can't really remember any stand out bits of 5 but I'm sure I enjoyed it.

Hmmm, off the top of my head, from RE5:

The two areas from the demo

The Machine Gun/Motorbikes bit

The Swamp Area with the Boat, Crocodiles Etc

The Fight with Wesker, Jill etc

Rock Punching

Shit, I really can't think of much else.

Completed Chris' campaign and loved it - most of it anyway. Got the option for New Game+ afterwards, and chose to start a new game. The game asked if I wanted to start a new game without the weapons I had gotten during my first playthrough, to which I answered "no". Started a new Chris campaign and had all my weapons from the last playthrough. Quit after having played a while, but now the option for New Game+ no longer appears on the menu screen. Why's that? Chris is the only campaign I've completed so far, but it should still give me the option for New Game+ again, even though I've already selected it once, shouldn't it?

Anyway - full game is so much better than the demo. Which I didn't like at all.