Bastion - Out Now, 1200msp

The Sarge

Ah, I see Jim Sterling's being, well, Jim Sterling, as usual. Does look a bit of a must buy, though. But then, I don't normally get on with linear action-RPGs. But it's so pretty! Hmm.

Can't wait for this, shall be buying when I get home from work :)

Been watching Building The Bastion on GiantBomb over the past year, it has come such a long way and it's pretty incredible that just four people put it all together.

I'll be checking out the demo, based on that developer playthrough it looks great but perhaps a bit easy? Though, I suppose if anyone's likely to have a good idea about how to play, it'd be him?

There's a mechanic in the game to increase the difficulty in various ways, but get better loot/bonuses etc in return..

Sometimes I wonder whether they have to wire in a massive circuit board into the XBL spaghetti heap in order to actually activate new stuff, XBL releases NEVER seem to go smoothly. If they make a mistake they generally wait an entire week to fix it.

Sometimes I wonder whether they have to wire in a massive circuit board into the XBL spaghetti heap in order to actually activate new stuff, XBL releases NEVER seem to go smoothly. If they make a mistake they generally wait an entire week to fix it.

When has this ever happened?

It's frivalous to an individual sitting in his underpants on a weekday morning trying to download a game sure, but if it's a company's main product for the year, it's genuinely perplexing that this stuff happens the way it does.

Yes - it's almost 12pm and it is fully up - what a shocking fuckup.

But anyway, Bastion.

I'm not really sure about it, having played it. I quite like the narration but I'm not sure how much I'll like it in five hours. Outside that it feels sort of empty soundwise, for some reason.

Ridiculously pretty.

Some slight gameplay annoyances, sometimes you fall off the edge of platforms and lose health, other times you'll just run and run at an invisible wall at the edge of an identical looking platform.

I was being chased by a pack of things, and because I was near a building I couldn't press X to shoot them because it was just trying to enter the building. No way to change weapons without finding an arsenal, so if you collect something new that turns out to be crap, you're stuck with it.

Really noticable slowdown when it was raining.

I dunno. So yeah, it's pretty, just not sure how much substance there is. The kid'll probably buy it eventually.