What do you think of the game?  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OMG! Just got WE2002 (PSX) running on my Xbox. PCSXBOX runs it pretty damn sweet. Need to sort out the button configuration (cos R1 speeds everything up) but it wasn't half bad. I think WE2002 is the equivalent of WE6 on the PS1.

FIFA2004 still the best footy game on the Xbox???

Now if we can only sort out Netplay...

• 17 years later...

I come from the future in a time machine. PES is utter garbage in my time. Adriano never turned out to be as good as they thought. Roberto Larcos had a good career though.

Also there are these crazy things that you pay real money for and have a small chance to get players in them

I think a PES league forum topic should be added. I mean, there's a fifa one and that game is shite. And with the newer game on GP tomorrow it could prove popular. 

I'm also really looking forward to seeing the new PES this year as its being built from the ground up on a new engine. (wish they would just re-release 5 though) 

On 14/12/2003 at 21:25, Links said:

I've played every edition since the early PS1 ones and every time I hate it at first then grow to love it. PES3 is amazing in my eyes, the control you have is second to none. Although I have literally played a game of PES every day for the last three or four years so its like second nature to me.

I'm just waiting fo the day PES Online is announced - then my life will be complete.

What sweet, innocent times they were. 

Also 17 FUCKING YEARS. 

1 hour ago, Fry Crayola said:

Ronaldo had Ronaldinho on his shirt during the 1996 Olympics, because there was another Ronaldo in that Brazil team.

There's your Fact of the Day.

Pretty good fact. He was also forced to play in the world cup final against France whilst heavily drugged as otherwise coca cola and Nike had threatened to pull a large amount of sponsorship money from the tournament as there was a clause stating Ronaldo would play in every game

2 hours ago, carlospie said:

Pretty good fact. He was also forced to play in the world cup final against France whilst heavily drugged as otherwise coca cola and Nike had threatened to pull a large amount of sponsorship money from the tournament as there was a clause stating Ronaldo would play in every game

Is that true? I just remember it was crazy that he'd played but don't recall what the reason was.

That's sad :(

8 hours ago, carlospie said:

Yeah other team mates talked about it in documentaries years later. 

It's still never been anywhere near confirmed as definitively true. It's just a conspiracy theory. Clearly something happened and he shouldn't have played. We don't really know what actually did occur. 

Yeah, the other theories being his own doctor provided forms that would clear him to play (and him refusing to be benched) or, that he experienced a nervous breakdown and was sedated in order to play. Very sad, either way. It was in everyone's interest for him to play so I guess we'll never know. 

I'm amazed there was a PES topic I hadn't posted in (until now) but then remembered that back in 2003 I was 24 and was at the height of going out chasing girlies. Anyway, if anyone fancies some games on the new one now it's on Gamepass I'm The Devil Rides on 'Blive.

1 hour ago, Pockets said:

I'm amazed there was a PES topic I hadn't posted in (until now) but then remembered that back in 2003 I was 24 and was at the height of going out chasing girlies. Anyway, if anyone fancies some games on the new one now it's on Gamepass I'm The Devil Rides on 'Blive.

Shame its not on PC Gamepass :(  Not played PES in ages and fancied this.