Nintendo Reinvents (Wii U takes control of the next generation) is on the cover

Previews include Battlefield 3, Ninja Gaiden 3, Far Cry 3, Uncharted 3, Dead Island, Journey, Mass Effect 3, Zelda Skyward Sword, Xcom and a big feature on Bioshock Infinite and everything else from E3

The Making of Left 4 Dead

Reviews

3 Duke Nukem Forever

5 Shadows of the Damned

7 Dungeon Seige III

9 Forzen Synapse

6 Red Faction: Armageddon

6 Hunted: The Demon's Forge

4 White Knight Chronicles 2

5 Alice: Madness Returns

6 Resident Evil: The Mercenaires 3D

Nintedno Reinvents (Wii U takes control of the next generation) is on the cover

The Making of Left 4 Dead

Reviews

3 Duke Nukem Forever

5 Shadows of the Damned

7 Dungeon Seige III

9 Forzen Synapse

6 Red Faction: Armageddon

6 Hunted: The Demon's Forge

4 White Knight Chronicles 2

5 Alice: Madness Returns

6 Resident Evil: The Mercenaires 3D

Even though I know an Edge 'Five' is bang-on average I still have to mentally adjust them to a '=Rest Of The Industry Seven' when I see a brace of them and think 'Shit month for games then!'.

Alice and Shadows got pretty good feedback on here.

I see Frozen Synapse also comes for Mac, might be worth checking out. I never heard of it :unsure:

It's on Steam for the exciting price of £12-something at the moment I think - you get two copies in with it though to assist with multiplayer. Not that the single player is any sort of slouch.

edit - excellent soundtrack too, almost out-Deus Ex's Deus Ex.

Are edge still calling the current gen "the next generation" even after six long years or do they seriously consider the Wii-Uuu a next-gen console?

It's the first console of the next generation of consoles due out, so it counts. You don't lump the Nintendo DS in with the N64 and PS1 just because it has the same performance after all.

Ah, so you want "serious games" that you don't have to think about. Sounds about right.

I may have been a bit premature as the video was quite long so I skimmed through it, but watching it again with the whole interface and tactics explained it does look like it could be something rather special; maybe not the kind of game I would play for a very long time but considering it's in the Steam sale it's probably worth a try.

Is Time Extend back this month? If not, what are this issue's Post Script and People/Places/Things articles about? After a more thorough read of those features last issue, I'm a bit less concerned about Time Extend's removal, but I'm still not sure whether these are ideal replacements: Post Scripts don't have the delays that the Time Extend retrospectives benefited from, and Places and Things focus on very specific in-game features rather than the games as a whole.

Is Time Extend back this month? If not, what are this issue's Post Script and People/Places/Things articles about? After a more thorough read of those features last issue, I'm a bit less concerned about Time Extend's removal, but I'm still not sure whether these are ideal replacements: Post Scripts don't have the delays that the Time Extend retrospectives benefited from, and Places and Things focus on very specific in-game features rather than the games as a whole.

There's a postscript for Duke Nukem, Shadows of the Damned, Dungeon Siege III and Forzen Synapse.

People/Places/Things is/are Ted Price (Insomniacs), Pandora (Borderlands), Just Cause's 2 Grappling Hook,