IGNORED

Android Games

Cyhwuhx

On 7/11/2016 at 10:03, stefcha said:

I've been playing the Cube Escape games after seeing this mention and bar the occasionally obtuse puzzle or bit where I've just not seen something onscreen where I've needed to resort to a walkthrough I've managed to keep myself moving through at a good pace so I'm already on my 8th one (Birthday - not bought Rusty Lake Hotel yet and I've got out of order a bit). I've barely much idea what's going on in general, but it's wonderfully odd and unsettling. There is a sort of play order to them although it's not that important, it's just some things might make vaguely more sense if you've done an earlier one sometimes and they're set all over the shop anyway timewise.

Seasons

The Lake

Arles

Harvey's Box

Case 23

The Mill

Rusty Lake Hotel

Birthday

Theatre

When I got utterly stuck I used a site called jayisgames where they seem to have walkthroughs that have each step in spoiler tags so you don't reveal too much, or often there's a comment response with a hint where others have been stuck on the same.

Just played Seasons, which I enjoyed, and The Lake which I thought was utter crap. Going to move on to Arles now, and see whether Seasons or The Lake is more representative of how much I'll enjoy the series.

Ooh, I notice The Banner Saga is on there. Has anyone played that on a phone? How does it play? I worry it needs a bigger screen than my LG G4 has.

I've got it on iPad, but never get a chance to play it because the iPad is always being used by my wife or kids, whereas my phone is always free.

I downloaded it onto a 10" tablet and judging by that I think it'd be pretty hard work on a phone, the text will be pretty tiny. It seems very demanding too, my frame rate isn't the greatest though that's not a total deal-breaker given the sort of game that it is.

On 6/8/2016 at 11:17, stefcha said:

Due to Google Rewards piling in the cash I guess I'd better spend some of it. There's not much to inspire me though as far as paid, non F2P stuff goes, might get M&M Clash of Heroes and Knights of Pen and Paper, but how does Downwell control as that's another possibility? It'd be mainly on a Nexus 4.

Heads up you can use your rewards cash to buy ITAMZ in Pokemon Go. You probably can't run it on your Nexus 4 tho.

It runs fine (in fact the only thing it's ever struggled with even a bit performance wise is Lara Croft GO, oddly enough), but I didn't find it interesting so it's gone already.

Downwell I hated and refunded, if only because of having my fingers obscuring where I was actually heading on the screen which seemed like a bit of a massive design flaw so will probably pick it up on PC instead. Currently clearing through some old things like Where's My Water, the aforementioned Lara Croft GO (not nearly as good as Hitman GO) and now just finishing off Rayman Jungle Run, all of which have been decent mobile fun. Rayman is a bit frustrating a times and needs occasional rote learning but nailing something like the Land of the Dead levels is pretty exhilarating when it all comes together.

Had a go at Transmission which was an interesting (and free) puzzle game from the Science Museum but I just couldn't get my head around it so felt I was guessing my way to completing levels more than anything, then binned it a bit over halfway through when multiple colours and switch boxes came into it

• 2 months later...
On 20/07/2016 at 01:30, Dynamo Nath said:

Can anyone recommend a good turn based strategy game along the lines of XCOM? I'd buy XCOM but reviews seem mixed about it not running. 

XCOM played great on my nexus - not sure about phones though.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/11/2016 at 23:29, Dynamo Nath said:

OMG I've just discovered Alite! Wow.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Is that still being updated? I hope it gets a new GUI overhaul, I was working on one for it but couldnt commit.

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, JohnnyRyall said:

Here's a pretty decent Humble RPG bundle for android:

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile/rpgs-mobile-bundle

KotOR and two of the Shadowrun games in the $6 tier.

KoToR is free on Amazon Black Underground or whatever its called, if its still free. Good deal that is.

Cant comment on Shadowrun. I played Shadowgate on the NES.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Right. I've finally got a new phone that isn't constantly on the verge of 0MB storage. Stupid Moto G3.

Which means I'm after some games. 

I like:

- High quality puzzle/escape games (The Room, Cube Escape/Rusty Lake, Agent A)

- Oddly compulsive puzzly brain loops (Dots)

- Word puzzles

- Also, I suppose, anything that works well in Cardboard?

What can anyone recommend from the last year?

In return, I figured I'd point out that a new Cube Escape came out a couple of weeks ago...

• 1 month later...

For fans of puzzler/escape type games, there's a brilliant new one called Faraway out.

It's like The Room meets with Witness, with a little meta ARG thrown in too. It's free for the first 10 levels, then about £3 for the remaining 8. Well worth it.

Beautiful looking, too:

j8G9eQ3.png?1

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Dynamo Nath said:

I've been playing Euclidea which is not an STD despite sounding like one. Solve geometric puzzles using construction.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

What phone are you playing it on?

On 2017-4-10 at 13:45, schmojo said:

Right. I've finally got a new phone that isn't constantly on the verge of 0MB storage. Stupid Moto G3.

Which means I'm after some games. 

I like:

- High quality puzzle/escape games (The Room, Cube Escape/Rusty Lake, Agent A)

- Oddly compulsive puzzly brain loops (Dots)

- Word puzzles

- Also, I suppose, anything that works well in Cardboard?

What can anyone recommend from the last year?

In return, I figured I'd point out that a new Cube Escape came out a couple of weeks ago...

Bit of a late one here - yet have you tried 80 days? It's not quite what you've described up there yet has several elements of it.

I mark it as the most impressive game on devices.