IGNORED

Android Games

Cyhwuhx

• 1 month later...

Apologies for self promotion, also bumped the iOS thread with the same thing! This is a new little one touch game we finally released and it's completely free with no ads (There is an optional donate button you can use if you feel like it but it won't unlock anything but my warmest regards for doing so!)

Ovoid trailer

Android : 

Android store

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 4:56 PM, RobNoyce said:

Apologies for self promotion, also bumped the iOS thread with the same thing! This is a new little one touch game we finally released and it's completely free with no ads (There is an optional donate button you can use if you feel like it but it won't unlock anything but my warmest regards for doing so!)

Ovoid trailer

Android : 

Android store

Just wanted to say this is brilliant. The missus is playing it on her iPhone as well.

I'm rubbish at it with a single-figure high score. Any tips?

33 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

Just wanted to say this is brilliant. The missus is playing it on her iPhone as well.

I'm rubbish at it with a single-figure high score. Any tips?

Ah cheers, we've had a great response from anyone who's played it! Best tip I can give you is to pick your moment, as soon as you release from an orbit any planetoid that wasn't feasibly visible to you is deleted from your path so once you've taken off cleanly you can be picky about your next catch.

It's hard to describe an optimal situation for starting an orbit but I find the best results when my speed has stabilised and I latch on to anything that i'm 3 or so ships length away from and nearly directly adjacent to (so 90 degrees to your ships right or left)

Best score I've heard so far is around 45. (Way higher than my own attempts!)

Thanks!

I've been trying to release from existing orbits at the right time to leave with maximum speed, as I feel like going slowly is dangerous (I just seem to dive into the surface of the planet if I'm going slowly).

Is there any significance to the different colours and patterns?

Nah, we just wanted to add a little extra stimulus for progression. So every 5 orbits there's a bit of a colour swap and the notes played while orbiting use a different instrument.

I absolutely loved this sort of visual progression in Warioware's 'Pyoro' and would have liked to take it much further but there's only so much time we could invest once we decided to go the free route with this.

On 10/05/2016 at 4:56 PM, RobNoyce said:

Ovoid trailer

Android : 

Android store

This is good.  I bought you a (fraction of a) coffee.

Ovoid trailer

Android : 

Android store

Really enjoying this. Enjoy the coffee 

2 hours ago, JohnnyRyall said:

Several of the Dragon Quest games are on sale on the playstore to mark the series' 30th anniversary:

Dragon Quest II
Dragon Quest III
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI

The older DQs are a bit antiquated, but I love them anyway. If you've not played any before, V is probably the best place to start.

Thanks for the heads up! I loved the android port of DQ IV. Between V and VI, which would you get if you can only get one?

Ovoid trailer

Android : 

Android store

Yeah, really nice little game. Love the look and feel of the whole thing. Does it have a quit? I have a bugbear about games that don't allow me to quit.

5 hours ago, Sane said:

Thanks for the heads up! I loved the android port of DQ IV. Between V and VI, which would you get if you can only get one?

I've only actually played the original sfc version of VI, and that was years ago, so I'm not best placed to say.

I can definitely vouch for V though. Similar to DQIV, with its parallel chapters, V has a unique hook in that the story takes place over three generations. You play first as the hero as a boy, then as an adult, and then as his son. The story sees your characters marry and have children, but it's all told with the usual DQ humour, and without any JRPG melodrama.

VI's unique hook is monster recruiting, which is perhaps less interesting now than it was when the game was first released. As far as I can remember the story takes a bit of a backseat in VI, which is probably why V tends to be the fan favourite. I really need to play it again though.

The reason I say V is probably the best place to start is that V (and VIII) always seem to be the games that people recommend first to newcomers to the series. They're definitely the best of the ones that I've played.

29 minutes ago, APM said:

Yeah, really nice little game. Love the look and feel of the whole thing. Does it have a quit? I have a bugbear about games that don't allow me to quit.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by a quit, but if you mean an explicit close app option from within the game then no (sorry). Not something I've ever considered within a mobile game (not noticed that sort of thing before in other mobile titles). I'll bring it up with the programmer for sure!

1 hour ago, JohnnyRyall said:

I've only actually played the original sfc version of VI, and that was years ago, so I'm not best placed to say.

I can definitely vouch for V though. Similar to DQIV, with its parallel chapters, V has a unique hook in that the story takes place over three generations. You play first as the hero as a boy, then as an adult, and then as his son. The story sees your characters marry and have children, but it's all told with the usual DQ humour, and without any JRPG melodrama.

VI's unique hook is monster recruiting, which is perhaps less interesting now than it was when the game was first released. As far as I can remember the story takes a bit of a backseat in VI, which is probably why V tends to be the fan favourite. I really need to play it again though.

The reason I say V is probably the best place to start is that V (and VIII) always seem to be the games that people recommend first to newcomers to the series. They're definitely the best of the ones that I've played.

Sounds good, I will go for V then. Thanks!

1 hour ago, RobNoyce said:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by a quit, but if you mean an explicit close app option from within the game then no (sorry). Not something I've ever considered within a mobile game (not noticed that sort of thing before in other mobile titles). I'll bring it up with the programmer for sure!

It's just allowing you to close the app with the back button rather than having to press the home button, or having an option to quit instead of playing again. It's just me, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

23 minutes ago, APM said:

It's just allowing you to close the app with the back button rather than having to press the home button, or having an option to quit instead of playing again. It's just me, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I wouldn't worry too much about it either, but I did spend an awkward few seconds tapping the back button and trying various menu options before finally just pressing the square button and swiping away.  I'm very used to being able to Back out of a game or explicitly quit from the main screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to Google Rewards piling in the cash I guess I'd better spend some of it. There's not much to inspire me though as far as paid, non F2P stuff goes, might get M&M Clash of Heroes and Knights of Pen and Paper, but how does Downwell control as that's another possibility? It'd be mainly on a Nexus 4.

Downwell's a brilliant game but I found it really fiddly to play on my phone. Mostly because there isn't a way to disable the back button while playing and I keep pressing it by accident. I stopped playing when I learned they were doing a Vita version.

M&M Clash of Heroes is terrific and plays really well.

• 4 weeks later...

For those who like a good room escape supported by an exceptionally brilliant/creepy cast of characters, I've got to recommended Rusty Lake Hotel, Cube Escape, and anything else by Rusty Lake. Only RLH isn't free, but it's certainly worth your money.

So much of the narrative and presentation is absolutely spot on for me, in a Twin-Peaks-meets-Wicker-Man kind of way.

I've been playing the Cube Escape games after seeing this mention and bar the occasionally obtuse puzzle or bit where I've just not seen something onscreen where I've needed to resort to a walkthrough I've managed to keep myself moving through at a good pace so I'm already on my 8th one (Birthday - not bought Rusty Lake Hotel yet and I've got out of order a bit). I've barely much idea what's going on in general, but it's wonderfully odd and unsettling. There is a sort of play order to them although it's not that important, it's just some things might make vaguely more sense if you've done an earlier one sometimes and they're set all over the shop anyway timewise.

Seasons

The Lake

Arles

Harvey's Box

Case 23

The Mill

Rusty Lake Hotel

Birthday

Theatre

When I got utterly stuck I used a site called jayisgames where they seem to have walkthroughs that have each step in spoiler tags so you don't reveal too much, or often there's a comment response with a hint where others have been stuck on the same.

I downloaded that Gordon Ramsay Dash game on Thursday and when checking my mobile data usage earlier to see how much Pokemon Go had taken up so far (56mb) I saw that the Ramsay game had used up a ridiculous 270mb of data.  Given that you don't even need to be online to play it, what the fuck is it actually doing?!