Namco's love affair with the Xbox

Toms

I wouldn't call 1 (heavily westernised) game a "love affair", especially as their Japanese teams have about 5 GameCube exclusives and countless PS2 games. I do hope it does well though, because I could do with more Japanese games on my Box.

I wouldn't call 1 (heavily westernised) game a "love affair",

He's almost right though!

don't forget bomber, that you can get the following Namco titles:

Dead to Rights, Kill Switch, Soul Calibur 2, R:Racing Evolution, Breakdown

all great games ( potentially for Breakdown )

its all good ;)

-What heavily westernised game by the way??

I was talking about exclusives, since claiming Namco has a "love affair" with Xbox based on one exclusive game seemed a bit odd, all the stuff you listed is multiformat.

I meant Breakdown looks kind of Westernised, it's not often Japanese developers make first person shooters!

.::: I wish SOMEBODY in Japan took real advantage of the Xbox...

Tecmo?

.::: Let me rephrase it then...

.::: I wish SOMEBODY in Japan took real advantage of the Xbox for Japanese gamegenres that actually matter like RPGs and such... Not blatant Tekken with bouncy bits cash-ins I won't like no matter how much polys they stuff into it.

Sorry for any misunderstandigs. ;)

Tecmo?

.::: I wish SOMEBODY in Japan took real advantage of the Xbox for Japanese gamegenres that actually matter like RPGs and such... Not blatant Tekken with bouncy bits cash-ins I won't like no matter how much polys they stuff into it.

*ahem* DOA plays nothing like Tekken :)

Tecmo?

*ahem* DOA plays nothing like Tekken :)

.::: Yet it has never been able to shed those clothes to me after that HORRIBLE presentation in the Netherlands of the first one on the PS1 many moons ago...

The mental scar is still painful to the touch.

Anyway it doesn't change anything about the state of Jap console rpgs for the Xbox. I've just played Black Stone (EX-Chaser in Japan if I'm correct) and it's an almost exact copy of Gauntlet Dark Legacy. Hell, I've been so desperate for this genre, I've even bought Metal Dungeon! And that's a fate I wouldn't wish any of you to suffer.