rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
SMD

Football Thread 2011/2012

You make Welbeck sound like he is world class......he's no where near the finished article.

danny-welbeck-goal.jpg

chewylegs in know nothing shocker

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

So thankful for football.. then that turgid display (aside from Chamberlain) really brought it back home that this is all we have to look forward to if we're going to bother supporting England. Hoping for a massive change in style against France but who am I kidding, I'm going to have to support Poland or something.

Why would there be a change of style? This is the worst England team in our lifetime. Reactive football is the best you'll get. The best we can hope for is Chelsea-ing our way through the rounds.

Why would there be a change of style? This is the worst England team in our lifetime. Reactive football is the best you'll get. The best we can hope for is Chelsea-ing our way through the rounds.

With Danny Welbeck as Didier Drogba, Gary Cahill as Gary Cahill and John Terry as David Luiz. I believe.

Don't Chelsea actually play well against and dominate teams they are better than?

• Upvote 2

danny-welbeck-goal.jpg

chewylegs in know nothing shocker

Ha ha, prick! ;)

It was a great goal, come back when he does it week in week out!

Does anyone agree with Andy Townsend giving Gerrard the MotM award for Yesterday? I thought he was mostly absent.

No, I'd have given to Eden Hazard who had a much bigger influence on the game. But then it's Andy Townsend, what do you expect.

Those Liverpool fans really did a number on Hodgson. It's too late, Roy, they're never going to walk with you. Accept that before we have to put up with Jay Spearing in an England shirt.

Possible dodgy shenangians ahoy, Celta Vigo vs Cordoba, Spanish Segunda division. A draw tonight will put both of them into the playoffs (which also brings up the question when the hell does that division finally end for the year?), a lot of Spanish bookmakers refusing to take bets on it. You can get 1.4 on Betfair I think. I'm not touching it with a bargepole, but if you fancy a lowish risk bet, this is probably a good one to go on. Normally you don't see odds like that pre-match outside of Serie B.

• Upvote 1

Fuck, just what we needed.. another Liverpool player in the squad.

2 - Martin Kelly made 18 more successful tackles (42) than Gary Cahill (24) in 17 FEWER PL apps last season.

Any criticism of the likes of Henderson is pretty deserved though.

• Downvote 2

Rio still not going for 'footballing reasons', cool

(Roy, just say he doesn't like John Terry for being a racist, please)

A nasty push. Cowardly.

It was fucking disgraceful. Really.

As bad as a two footed lunge in my opinion. It was a lost ball in a friendly, and he pushed one player as hard as he could into the other. I was pissed off at the time, furious now.

That prick has cost a fellow profesional a chance to play for his country in a major tournament.

• Upvote 3

He has done us one favour - I didn't think it would be possible to lower expectations any further.

Is it so low that 'we might just win it now'? (tm Adrian Chiles and all those great ITV footballing pundits)

Deliberate pushes like that should be a red. Suarez could've broken Rio's neck when he did it to him an Evra. Not nice.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Is it so low that 'we might just win it now'? (tm Adrian Chiles and all those great ITV footballing pundits)

I think it plummeted through the "low that we might have a chance to " barrier to the current level of "oh fuck, lets just get this over with."

No, that's not low expectations, that's trying to tempt fate.

The reality is, we're poor, not particularly up for it, increasingly ravaged by injuries and in a genuinely tough group.

My expectations are, we needn't have bothered taking Rooney, whereas all these media people with so-called low expectations will still be moaning when we go out.

Lescott is every bit as good as Cahill, but he usually plays in Terry's position, so I'm not sure how well they'll work as a partnership. It's unlikely to happen because of the influence Terry seems to wield, but it would be much better to partner Lescott with Jagielka -- they already have a decent understanding from their Everton days, and showed recently in the Spain friendly how effectively they can perform together against world-class attackers.

• Upvote 3

The way this is going - Charlie Adam will be called up next with Roy then apologising that it is hard to keep track of who is injured and who is English.

• Upvote 1

I really want England to lose badly now. Never have I seen such a poor England squad. We're going to be the joke of the championships.

Heck, Belgium should've bummed us yesterday.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

at least we can all say we didn't win the euroes because of footballing reasons.

• Upvote 2