IGNORED

Football Thread 2011/2012

SMD

I don't think Suarez was mentioned in context of this Pearce racism story until Dinobot brought it back up. Then SMD implying that it was Evra's fault for lying. Both LFC fans, no?

The fire is still burning because there is an air of denial that still lingers amongst some of the LFC fans which is quite amazing to witness.

And yeah, if a Southampton player was found to have racially abused another player I would not be vehemently supporting him and accusing the victim of making it up, because then I'd look as fucking idiotic bad as those people doing the same for Suarez.

edit: no need for that bit I crossed through, so retracted!

I don't think Suarez was mentioned in context of this Pearce racism story until Dinobot brought it back up. Then SMD implying that it was Evra's fault for lying. Both LFC fans, no?

The fire is still burning because there is an air of denial that still lingers amongst some of the LFC fans which is quite amazing to witness.

And yeah, if a Southampton player was found to have racially abused another player I would not be vehemently supporting him and accusing the victim of making it up, because then I'd look as fucking idiotic as those people doing the same for Suarez.

I'm not going to claim some Liverpool fans aren't contributing, and I'm not talking about that particular aspect pf the whole sorry episode specifically. Your post was just able to allow me to get someone off my chest that's been building up for a while. Suarez committed a discretion, the FA spent a lot of time and effort on it before punishing him and he's served his ban. Probably not the best day to say this, but the whole episode needs a line under it, from all parties. The wasn't much to add to the saga before the game, although we've already got another talking point.

As for the comparison, I was referring to the "dirty play" rather than the racism. I also mistook you for a United fan so I owe you my apologies...

So presumably if one of your players is a dirty thug in todays game (and there is one candidate for that) you won't mind liverpool fans banging on about it constantly and at every possible moment then? Because so far the non-liverpool fans are doing an excellent job of being bitter and unable to move on as much as some of the Liverpool fans they keep baiting. Theres been a lot of criticism of the club and fans recently, much of which is deserved. That said, the sheer hypocrisy of some people in their attacks and constant need to keep the incident at the top of discussion in this thread by constantly baiting Liverpool fans isn't exactly taking the moral high ground either. Thank christ there was something else to talk about this week.

It's pathetic really, most Liverpool supporters on this forum have either condemned Suarez and/or the club over the incident and mostly kept quiet about the incident, yet several Man utd supporters and neutrals have seeked out any and all opportunities to bait and attack them. It's a bit rich to complain Liverpool fans haven't moved on when it's the non Liverpool fans making the most active noise about it.

Your totally right, people need to move on, but the people making the most noise about it and showing an inability to move on are mostly the people who don't support Liverpool. Ok, you used the qualifier "some" so you aren't attacking the group, but the thread as a whole is still full of poison from an incident that should have been closed weeks ago.

I think there have been many Liverpool fans not condemning Suarez and the club, i certainly do not personally know a single Liverpool fan in person who hasn't condemned him (i know a few, otherwise decent people) but the support in this and the Liverpool thread for him, looney bin Kenny and the club has been quite shocking really.

The reason he wouldn't have shaken the hand of Luis Saha, is because he doesn't respect him or like him (rightly or wrongly).

Same reason Ferdinand didn't shake the hand of Suarez.

The hand shake had nothing to do with race.

Edit: For the record, I am one of those that felt Suarez was in the wrong and that Liverpool handled the situation badly.

The reason he wouldn't have shaken the hand of Luis Saha, is because he doesn't respect him or like him (rightly or wrongly).

Edit: For the record, I am one of those that felt Suarez was in the wrong and that Liverpool handled the situation badly.

It also winds Evra up which is not the worst thing to do before you play against him.

He is a piece of shit, pure and simple.

Racially abused Evra, then refuses to draw a line under the disagreement. Piece of Shit.

Your thoughts on Rio not shaking hands with Suarez?

He should have just made a public show and shook the hand of Evra, I agree. But should Rio too have shook his hand?

Why? It already came out in the press ages ago. Hell, the thing about his brother being in the BNP was already aired in The People 3 1/2 years ago. So why bring it up again now?

Did you even read what I wrote?

The story about his brother, I was aware of, and I didn't refer to at all. He isn't responsible or accountable for the actions of his siblings.

The incident involving Paul Ince I hadn't heard about. And to put that into context for you:

1) I'm a black man

2) I'm a Forest supporter - Pearce was captain of my team at the time of this incident, and I hadn't heard about it.

3) Pearce would have been about 30 years old at the time of the incident - an adult, so the 'bedwetter' defence somebody used earlier hardly applies here.

Stuart Pearce is a guy I idolised as a kid, and hearing about this has affected my whole opinion of him. I don't think what he did was acceptable, and if Paul Ince has truly forgiven him, then he's a better man than I am.

In recent years, there has been racist chanting from opposition fans, and our FA have made formal complaints. How would we look if we made another complaint about racism, and the Pearce incident was instantly cited? eg. your manager racially abused a player and you're complaining about our fans?

Did you see the way all 4 FA officials flapped in the press conference when the point was raised? If the incident has been forgiven, then that's fine - next time the question is raised, the FA will be prepared and will be able to point that out. So I think it's FAR better that it's been brought up in a meaningless press conference, than at some point in the future when it may undermine a complaint we may need to make about another country.

But it was an opportunity to help draw a line under the whole thing. By refusing to do so is just petty and unprofessional.

Your thoughts on Rio not shaking hands with Suarez?

He should have just made a public show and shook the hand of Evra, I agree. But should Rio too have shook his hand?

Suarez refused to shake Evra's hand first, so I don't know if Rio had planned to not shake his hand or not. I think if Evra and Suarez had shaken hands Rio should have as well, but seeing as they didn't then fuck Suarez frankly. I would have liked to have seen some of the white players not shaking his hand as well.

Probably don't change?

Suarez apologised regardless, and has been punished far more than Pearce has.

The sad fact is that in 15 years you lot would still call Suarez a racist, and the ManU fans will maintain that forever.

And yet "Real Englishman Pearce" isn't the same. Irony.

Well don't you look stupid after that non-handshake,.

Well don't you look stupid after that non-handshake,.

It's hard to pinpoint exactly when Dinobot started to look stupid.

in other news, how low must Carroll feel now. He must have thought "Weyaye, a few games in a row and now I'm starting to find my form" and *boom* he's benched again.

Not a great match and apart from the Scholes miss not many chances but I'm loving the tension.

Oh it's a great match. It's just not a great game :)

Disgusting from Evra. Didn't like a no handshake? Pathetic.

You've been going downhill since season 5.

Suarez showing his class right before the start of the match and then again right at the half time whistle.

What a guy.

Huh? I don't believe Evra ever apologised. Suarez did and has served his punishment for it.