rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
SMD

Football Thread 2011/2012

Honiegstein's tweets are interesting, but just speculation. We'll all have to wait to read the story.

@Amit_Bhatia99 Amit Bhatia

Agreed, Jordan Rhodes really is on fire! What do you all think,will he still remain a huddersfield player at the end of the transfer window?

Oh, Amit, you tease.

Haha, unless someone offers absolutely crazy money Rhodes won't be going anywhere this month. The worst moment in my time supporting Town was when we sold Marcus Stewart in the middle of our challenge to get in the Premiership. Our chairman has stated how much that pained him when he was just watching as a fan and he's promised on numerous occasions that a mistake like that won't be made again. We've been a one-man team recently so it'd be suicide. Plus he's a settled, modest lad so I'd be very surprised if he demanded a move.

In the summer I imagine he'll be gone though, even if we happen to go up.

what's all this about the liverpool fans and that oldham player? Anyone see it?

Apparantly 2 bellends racial abused him to the point of tears. Fucking stupid cocks, this is last thing the club need after the Suarez stuff.

Apparantly 2 bellends racial abused him to the point of tears. Fucking stupid cocks, this is last thing the club need after the Suarez stuff.

Some are saying it was 'Manc bastard', others 'black bastard'. I'm not sure which would be more stupid given he's not from Manchester.

I'm guessing Rooney might not be that keen on Malaga.

A fuck-ton of cash, almost constant sunshine, beaches, rows of cafes serving huge portions of Fry-Ups, bars full of English speaking women totally pissed up looking for anyone who'll buy them more vodka jellies and coaches of doddering old women just hitting their menopause looking for a cheeky leg-trembler?

Think he might be interested.

• Upvote 5

I guess staying in Manchester makes sense for the aftercare on the new hair!

I seem to remember during last years "Rooney to leave Man Utd" soap opera the same kind of debates were happening, ie, who could afford him and where he would be happy to play. There was a story going around pointing out that Coleen's sister, Rosie, has Rett Syndrome which means she is seriously disabled and is only expected to live into her mid 20s. She had a stroke about 18 months ago although there has been nothing in the news about her health since.

Considering that, Coleen is unlikely to want to leave the North West, is she? If her sister only has ten years left then will Coleen want to spend three of them living in Paris or Madrid? If she stays in England will Rooney want to move out on his own? I'm not so sure. I think it is really only Man City or possibly Chelsea who are in a position to sign him.

Or the Villa could take him on loan, obviously. :coffee:

To be fair it's culturally acceptable to be racist at Anfield.

LOLZ! Hilarious. What a piece of work you are. Typical of your group of supporters? I'd hope not, they've got to be better than that.

BACK TO FOOTBALL

Anyone watch the Wycombe-Huddersfield game?

Rhodes had a worlds scoring FIVE goals.

Guess that's not the first time a football team's been fucked by someone called Jordan.

• Downvote 2

BACK TO FOOTBALL

Anyone watch the Wycombe-Huddersfield game?

Rhodes had a worlds scoring FIVE goals.

Guess that's not the first time a football team's been fucked by someone called Jordan.

Yeah, we did that before Liverpool managed to over-shadow the fact that both Carroll and Downing scored with something even more ridiculous.

But Rhodes is good, it's definitely when rather than if he leaves Huddersfield now. Personally I think he'll go this window and be loaned straight back to them.

Because he's effectively said that Kenny/the club have turned people racist

I don't think I've said that at all.

I've said that by their actions of refusing to condemn the racist actions of their player, going so far as to actively support and excuse him, LFC have eroded the anti-racism movement at Anfield and thus invited this kind of behaviour.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

I don't think I've said that at all.

I've said that by their actions of refusing to condemn the racist actions of their player, going so far as to actively support and excuse him, LFC have eroded the anti-racism movement at Anfield and thus invited this kind of behaviour.

That's still going out on a limb at this stage though, and probably impossible to prove the correlation.

Football is all a bit horrid at the moment. :(

• Upvote 1

Rev also believes new racists have appeared? Moronic.

I think an organisation refusing to do everything in its power to condone racist remarks is worse than one individual being racist and that will inevitably affect everything related to that organisation. Making new racists? Probably not, but certainly not doing anything to reduce the number. If there are any more occurrences of fans in Suarez t-shirts racially abusing players (or copycat actions by, say, racists supporting Terry either at Chelsea or England games) I think the decision of Liverpool to wear them in the first place will rapidly become pretty much the lowest point in the history of Liverpool FC.

You're rapidly going to find yourself defending the indefensible if you're not careful.

• Upvote 4

You are a terrible, awful individual who stinks up the football thread like no other. You have no humour, wit or intelligence and most people on this part of the forum hope you stop posting. Permanently, if I'm honest.

So, I'm wondering how you are able to spew your stupidity all over this thread, continually?

Get the feeling there might be a few +1's.

If this were a Chelsea game Dinobot would be saying spouting nonsense like 'Fans following their captains example'.

• Upvote 4

The latest incident happened tonight during a match so it's very much a topic for discussion.

Fair enough that as a Liverpool fan you must be sick of it, but it's very much in the news so you are not gonna get people talking about Downing finally getting a goal when in the same game a young black player was reduced to tears due to racist abuse from the home crowd.

• Upvote 4

I think the word you're missing from that sentence is 'alleged' - no arrests for racial abuse have been made.

Quite a few voices claiming to be at the game say that the "supporter" in question said 'manc' not 'black'. Which would admittedly be equally as moronic seeings as the guy in question - Tom Adeyemi - is from Norwich.

Sounds like he's reported it to police as racist abuse.

An eye witness, who later gave evidence to club officials and the police, claimed he heard a single voice shout: "You f****** black b******."

Adeyemi, on loan from Norwich, also gave a statement to police before heading straight on to the team bus. It is understood he also claimed he had been called a "black c***."

Other witnesses insist he was also subject to shouts of "Manc b******".

From the Scum, so take that as you will.

The latest incident happened tonight during a match so it's very much a topic for discussion.

Fair enough that as a Liverpool fan you must be sick of it, but it's very much in the news so you are not gonna get people talking about Downing finally getting a goal when in the same game a young black player was reduced to tears due to racist abuse from the home crowd.

it was only by the home crowd if our home crowd was one person :facepalm: who once identified won't be allowed near a football stadium again nevermind Anfield. Stop sensationalising this like a trashy red top

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

I've not sensationalised anything. The alleged abuse came from someone sitting in the home crowd, ergo the abuse came from the home crowd.

How else can I refer to where the guy was? :wacko:

Apologies for anyone who has read it as me saying the entire crowd was hurling abuse.

it was only by the home crowd if our home crowd was one person :facepalm: who once identified won't be allowed near a football stadium again nevermind Anfield. Stop sensationalising this like a trashy red top

It wasn't from the away crowd was it? Ergo it's the home crowd - it came from within there. Trying to dismiss the issue because you don't agree with the phrasing is weak.

• Upvote 1