rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Cosmic_Guru

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

GOTY GOTY GOTY ;)

Gonna take something special to beat this for me. I'm going away for a few days - Valentine's break, romance, proposing to the missus, yadda yadda - and all I can think of is fucking Amalur. Wub.

I hope you got her a ring with some decent modifiers... (Sorry.) Good luck!

I got up to level 15 yesterday after beating the Maid of Windemere who was easily the hardest boss I've come across so far (killed me six times!) and required me to have something stupid like twelve potions on the go at once.

After reading the posts above I'm wondering if I should have worked on my blacksmithing a bit (I've pursued stealth, persuasion and dispelling so far).

• Upvote 1

hush now, Bioshock infinite, D3 an borderlands 2 this year. stop the hyperbollocks.

I did say so far and to be honest none of those you listed have a chance at being GOTY for me. Mass Effect 3 will probably take that crown in my charts.

I got up to level 15 yesterday after beating the Maid of Windemere who was easily the hardest boss I've come across so far (killed me six times!) and required me to have something stupid like twelve potions on the go at once.

I guzzled down all my healing potions on her too. Excellent fight. Especially when she dumped a thresh on me too :) Those things end up being normal world mobs later. I hates them :)

I am the proud owner of 2 parts of the Perfidious armour set for rogues - this bumps up all finesse skills by 2 points (once you have put at least one point in) but has a much lower base armour rating than other gear I've found, so I'm switching it out for the next section which is populated by rather large blue enemies. Frost trap, smoke bomb, multi arrow - they all have their place though.

As for crafting, I feel I can only put serious points into two of the three options so I'm going for sagecraft and blacksmith for now, but the beauty is it can be changed if that doesn't seem a good choice later on.

I've gone down the blacksmith route and while it's not always been useful for weapons, now that I can add a gem to my creations, a combination of lots of armour and +X health regen per sec gem means I've gone from mashing the health potion button on hard bits, to not even bothering to look at my health bar most of the time.

The FOV usually never bothers me but in this it's beginning to irritate me. I hate what I have become.

Still, the crafting is fun and addictive.

There's an early fix here, think it still has a few problems but a quick check and it looks like an improvement.

Have read you can get houses where you can store things, not found one myself yet.

On 360. I'm hoping that the massive outcry (ranging from very reasonable, to "completely unplayable and I want a refund" nutcases) has prompted them to fast track a fix. It was hilarious watching people go to shit over the weekend, not realising that these people have lives and there was very likely no-one working on it over the weekend.

The FOV usually never bothers me but in this it's beginning to irritate me. I hate what I have become.

You might have to rename yourself to 'clippagrinder'

On 360. I'm hoping that the massive outcry (ranging from very reasonable, to "completely unplayable and I want a refund" nutcases) has prompted them to fast track a fix. It was hilarious watching people go to shit over the weekend, not realising that these people have lives and there was very likely no-one working on it over the weekend.

I really hope they do fix it, but going by experience FOV fixes are usually only applied to the PC version if at all, because that is the audience that actually moans about it (since they're sitting so close to their monitors).

Ha! I told you! :P

Anyways yes, you can get houses to stash stuff in. You can even upgrade those houses, Animal Crossing style. Mine is in the town by Webwood and includes an alchemy bench, a sagecrafting bench and my own supply of herbs. Purely medicinal, obviously ;)

It's the end of days if even people playing on consoles are complaining about FOV now. I find it not keeping up with combat at times more annoying, hopefully a wider FOV will help with that as well.

Played it quite a bit over the weekend, I've been enjoying it but it's just not grabbed me as much as I thought it would after the demo. The obvious comparison was Fable but it just feels as if it's missing some of the charm and life of those games. One of the problems is it feels a bit like they've taken a Fable type world which is compact and full of things then stretched it to a Skyrim size without putting much if anything in those new spaces.

Still enjoying it, the combat is great and good to see it's selling well.

#1 in the UK top 40 What a great surprise! mind you saying that most the people online on my friends list were playing it this weekend

Yes, that is indeed surprising given the relatively low advertising profile here and the fact that some supermarkets are not stocking it at all - FFXIII-2 in number 2 spot is impressive too.

Can you buy a house or have a little base to stash stuff in this?

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!

Rest assured there are various houses and larger structures you will acquire during your adventure and the stash is accessible from each (seems to be limited to 125 items though).

• Upvote 1

My only concern now is that I'm already level 16 and I reckon I've only opened up a 1/4 of the map and hardly advanced on the main quest yet (I've only just had my first Tuatha encounter with my Fateweaver friend & has an offer from a foxy dark elf). Will the level cap of 40 be enough ?

If it's anything like Fallout 3 hopefully it won't matter, I maxed out my level in that, and still played for another 100 odd hours

It certainly hasn't affected my first 38 (!) hours of play - I only downloaded it after about 35 hours of play. I don't think you reach it until a fair bit into the game.

Jeez - I thought I was overdoing it with 20 hours clocked up over the weekend.

Yes, buy the game new if you possibly can so as to encourage the developement of sequels.

The major DLC planned for March is said by the developers to be "massive" and one of the comments from the developers made me suspect there may be a tie in of some sort with the forthcoming MMO codenamed (or named?) Copernicus.

I've spent all day thinking about this game and how much I want to play it!

I think I've nearly cleared the first area. Level 16 and hardly any of the map left uncovered, with every quest found completed.

As much as I've enjoyed the forest, I'm hoping subsequent areas mix it up a bit. I want the good old cliche frost land, desert land, fire land and swamp land!

Explored the deserts bit tonight and started to get bored with the quests. It's all lovely but there are no real high points for me, just the buzz of questing an offline WOW

I've put in about 25 hours as a Rogue - completed the House of Ballads quest line, and found all the Gorgarath stones for an extra 12% boost to Faeblade damage. I really feel like I should check out the other skill trees, but I'm having too much fun raining poison arrows on large groups of mobs before charging in with Faeblades whirling.

I prefer daggers over faeblades any day - juggling some oafish kobald (where do they get grenades from?) or nasty thresh never gets tired. For my secondary it's usually a bow but for some reason the best purple weapons I have picked up recently have been hammers so I'm keeping one or two for a change and I may put a few points into them. Also using stealth where feasible.

Time to move on - the mobs in made the switchover from yellow to grey, so after wrapping up House of Ballards, it's off to the plains for me.