rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Keyboard Koala

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo

1 hour ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Always regretted being impatient and buying New Leaf digitally, as my first village died when the SD card in my 3DS failed.

Damn; hopefully with not too many hours on it.

Another reason never to go digital-only it seems. 

26 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Thats what I was just thinking! I dump my card to my Mac every few months just in case but not done it for a while

That's what I did, but my SD card unfortunately died between backups. I should've replaced it sooner, I guess. I'd upgraded my 3DS to a New 3DS XL, and needing a tiny screwdriver to open the casing to get to the smaller SD card made the whole process fiddlier, so I was less motivated to do so. 

6 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Damn; hopefully with not too many hours on it.

Another reason never to go digital-only it seems. 

200 hours at least! I'd been playing since launch day.

• Empathy 1

43 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

That's what I did, but my SD card unfortunately died between backups. I should've replaced it sooner, I guess. I'd upgraded my 3DS to a New 3DS XL, and needing a tiny screwdriver to open the casing to get to the smaller SD card made the whole process fiddlier, so I was less motivated to do so. 

You need a screwdriver to get to the SD card? Blimey. At least on the 2DS XL it's easy to get to. DOing a backup as I type this.......

• Upvote 1

It's actually quite straightforward to back up the SD card in the New 3DS XL, done that and upgraded it to 64 Gb. 

I now have my Animal Crossing backed up! Phewwwww....

• Upvote 1

So Chimpton is coming along quite nicely, but I haven’t got dream access yet to visit other places. I think I a need to catch Isabelle slacking  off to activate it, does anything trigger this?

1 hour ago, Vorgot said:

So Chimpton is coming along quite nicely, but I haven’t got dream access yet to visit other places. I think I a need to catch Isabelle slacking  off to activate it, does anything trigger this?

The Public Works option for the [Dream Suite] is triggered by meeting the following three requirements: 1) Seven days have passed since amassing 100 mayoral points. 2) At least one Public Work has been completed. 3) You've connected to the Internet at least once. Find and speak to [Isabelle] while napping to make the option appear

32 minutes ago, Uxorious said:

The Public Works option for the [Dream Suite] is triggered by meeting the following three requirements: 1) Seven days have passed since amassing 100 mayoral points. 2) At least one Public Work has been completed. 3) You've connected to the Internet at least once. Find and speak to [Isabelle] while napping to make the option appear

Brill, thanks. My first public works was paid off today so will be built by tomorrow, so it should appear soon

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Vorgot said:

Brill, thanks. My first public works was paid off today so will be built by tomorrow, so it should appear soon

I hope it works!

2 minutes ago, Uxorious said:

I hope it works!

So do I! I'll be nipping over to see you and hoping to do the same with @Mr Do 71

And then be filled with a jealous rage at how great your towns are!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

So do I! I'll be nipping over to see you and hoping to do the same with @Mr Do 71

And then be filled with a jealous rage at how great your towns are!

My friend code is: 3566 1689 8295. I've added your code. Let me know when you'd like to visit?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mr Do 71 said:

My friend code is: 3566 1689 8295. I've added your code. Let me know when you'd like to visit?

Cheers, will let you know when its up and running properly

• Upvote 1

Well my Dream Suite project is up and running but it looks like I have miss understood how this all works. The Dream stuff is different from visiting using friends codes I believe.

So I can visit @Mr Do 71 and @Uxorious as long as your gates are open when I am online. The dream stuff isn't needed. Looking forward to be able to see what can be created within the game town wise.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

I can open right now if you want?

Sorting the kids out at the moment, so not really got time. Thanks though! WIll I be able to nab some fruit off you?

4 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Sorting the kids out at the moment, so not really got time. Thanks though! WIll I be able to nab some fruit off you?

Sure.

2 hours ago, Vorgot said:

Well my Dream Suite project is up and running but it looks like I have miss understood how this all works. The Dream stuff is different from visiting using friends codes I believe.

So I can visit @Mr Do 71 and @Uxorious as long as your gates are open when I am online. The dream stuff isn't needed. Looking forward to be able to see what can be created within the game town wise.

What's your dream code?

54 minutes ago, Uxorious said:

What's your dream code?

Not got that yet as I need the 234K Bells that are needed to build the Dream Suite. That'll take a few days to build up!

• Upvote 1

With the New Horizons hype at breaking point, guess who’s been weeding and re-paving all day?

Only a few familiar faces left in my little town - and my ex has a house there, with a postbox that will be forever full!

Wanted to get some Western-themed furniture together and realised just how empty my catalogue still is. Such a strange feeling to have spent so many hours in the game and realise there was still so much to do. 

2 hours ago, StephenM said:

Only a few familiar faces left in my little town - and my ex has a house there, with a postbox that will be forever full!

Oof. :mellow:

1 hour ago, jonamok said:

Oof. :mellow:

39 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah that's a pretty bleak post, dude.

Oh wow reading it back it is ULTRA bleak!

We have two kids and are still very much friends, so slightly less bleak IRL. 

But apologies to anyone who has been sobbing gently for the past few hours. 

• Upvote 3

Going back to an Animal Crossing village is always bleak. The no weeds thing of New Leaf barely helps. The animals remark how many years you were gone (I.e. how much older you are now), half-finished home designs lie abandoned, the spoils from huge amounts of effort lie in your inventory and purse. Your absence has changed nothing in a world that starts right back up again, this time with you less invested than a version of yourself from a distant memory that used to play everyday. 

But New Horizons will be different... we'll play that one forever...

• Upvote 5
  • Empathy 5

On 19/03/2018 at 18:56, Keyboard Koala said:

Returning to Cojiro after more than two years to finally see the generous free update, certainly has been one of my gaming highlights of the year so far. Amazing how this cute little title just seems to keep on giving. I could even link my AC: HHD cartridge to the game, giving me still more things to look forward to.

Such an amazing series this is! Apart from the soulless cash-in that is the iOS version...

AC: NL might very well be the pinnacle of the series, unless Nintendo tops it with an even better Switch version.

And they did ^_^

New Horizons has made me want to go visit my old island in New Leaf, but it’s a download tied to a Nintendo account I no longer have access to.  If I buy the cart would I be able to access my old save?