IGNORED

Wii U - Zelda HD, Shield Pose, Battle Mii, Chase Mii Hands On Vids - Post #1

The Sarge

And it only took them 8 posts to figure out. :rolleyes:

Only took who 8 posts to figure it out? I denounced it immediately.

Imagine having to crawl along your kitchen floor to follow the action. It's a level of immersion I haven't seen since waggle was debuted!

Yeah, WiiU can't do that kind of AR game.

Which is strange given the 3DSs AR efforts and the fact the Wii-U has a screen on the controller. When I originally saw the specs I assumed AR was a given and the Wii-U would be a go to device for next gen, multiplayer AR games. I guess Nintendo didn't see it that way

Which is strange given the 3DSs AR efforts and the fact the Wii-U has a screen on the controller. When I originally saw the specs I assumed AR was a given and the Wii-U would be a go to device for next gen, multiplayer AR games. I guess Nintendo didn't see it that way

The really weird thing is that they've been showing kind-of-AR videos, where you can pan around and see computer generated using the gyroscope etc., but without any view of your surroundings. Maybe they figure that people don't have enough interesting environments in their house to make it worthwhile? That AR is kind of an outdoors activity.

(forum search didn't show the Wii thread so putting it here)

Remember that nice blue Wii with Sonic and Mario at the Olympics? I like limited and coloured crap so I've been keeping an eye out for what it might cost. With all the stuff they've removed from these new modified Wii's I thought they might be cheap and cheerful. LOL me for being a sucker.

Where I live, the blue bundle will cost the equivalent of 175 quid. Yup. It's a lot more than a white one with Mario Kart and wheel and GC compat (which is 111 pounds). I'm really not one to roll eyes at what ever price company's want to charge for their stuff - I mean, no ones forcing me to buy anything. But this is insane. It's more than a 4 GB Xbox 360. It's almost the same as a PS3 with a 160 GB HD. We're very close to the launch of the Wii U. Plus it's a crippled version of the Wii. I truly think it's absolute madness.

But I got to say, well done Nintendo, milk that shit for all it's worth.

BTW, haven't been able to find any UK prices for the new bundle.

Blue Wii:

http://kotaku.com/5848189/first-look-at-the-blue-nintendo-wii

And where I found the price:

http://www.elgiganten.dk/product/spil-konsol/konsol/WIININTENDOMS/nintendo-wii-mario-sonic-edition

Because I don't particularly want to have to create separate accounts for every publisher under the sun even if they fall under one unified Gamertag. Then there's the security concerns of having to give your details to all and sundry (see the recent spate of Xbox hackings).

Of all the things likely to happen that isn't one of them!

it's the most likely - they've pretty much already said.

Nintendo have said they'll leave it up to the publishers.

Publishers have said they are very happy with Nintendo's approach to online this time... i.e, letting them do their own thing and add value through their unique online experience instead of a homogenised approach like Xbox live.

Better for them, arguably worse for us.

What are EA games on Xbox Live like? Aren't they the same but with a secondary login for their own stuff?

EA use their own servers even for stuff like leaderboards on LIVE. This means that you can play an obscure non-EA game from 2005 and still get leaderboards, or play a popular EA game from 2008 and find that they turned the leaderboards off and there's fuck all to do now.

I wouldn't have thought that would matter. Having a platform on a home console they can use as freely as on PC would be of interest to them, I would imagine.

I don't know, even their PS3 Steamworks stuff is basically an advert for PC Steam. They give you a spare copy so you go download Steam and look at what's on there, and you're in the system.