rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Capwn

Louie - New Season 2015

Where the hell did this come from? Really glad he has a second season, the first was a bit risky but it seems to have paid off. Hopefully he can take it even further now.

So now we're going to have Louie, Curb and Breaking Bad on at the same time??
  • Upvote 2

The series he got HBO to back was rather great, some sort of weird UK-style ultra-low budget sitcom with excessive swearing and recurring frontal male nudity :D, shame they canned it so quickly. I need to check out some more of this new thing he is doing, don't particularly like the standup bits though.

Saw first episode last night, not sure what to make of it. Not the best of starts but still entertaining.

did anyone do a little facepalm during the fart bit?

Saw first episode last night, not sure what to make of it. Not the best of starts but still entertaining.

did anyone do a little facepalm during the fart bit?

Yup. I'm not above the odd fart joke but that was Eddie Murphy awful. I hope his sister isn't a regular for the season.

2nd episode was pretty dire too, started to wonder what was going wrong and then episode 3 came which for me was a return to form. Seemed much more clever and better written than the first two. Hopefully this continues!

Louis has confirmed a third season, which is great news. Did anyone else listen to his commentary on Season 1? He did almost all the episodes. It was clear from them why the show looks so nice, he is clearly a cinematogrphy fanatic and plays a part in how the shots are composed.

It's back :)

I enjoyed the episode but was expecting it to be AMAZING just because he took an extra year away from it. It's not AMAZING. It's still good though and the writing seemed better I think.

The Beatles gag got me. Pinocchio scene too.

I think there is a proper louis thread somewhere, couldn't find it. If possible could someone please merge this into it?

Only noticed today that 2 episodes are out. Watched the second one, not as funny but it had that unusual unsettling edge that this series has that is like nothing else.

It's beautiful programming. Love the jazz music. He's an interesting protagonist if I thought about it a bit more I could probably articulate better why.

this is on FX on thursday I believe on the sky planner, so set my series link.

I love the unsettling edge to this show, though it did get a bit weird when he was trying to become a talk show host last series.

I cracked up 3 times in the first 5 minutes of the season premiere. It's the Seinfeld observations painted surreal that get me about this show, like the bin men and especially the kid on his phone in the coffee shop.

Second one was less amazing because it felt like a retread of the book shop girl episode right down to the punchline but I find it endearing how Louis the real life person is clearly dreaming constantly of some mysterious woman rescuing him from himself.

He really knows how to cut through the bullshit to something true doesn't he? Episode 3 was superb. The fact that I basically feel like the fat girl probably helps :facepalm:

I really liked episode 3, best so far. Louie at it's best is when it suddenly turns and becomes awkward and horrible.

Hope in episode 4 (which is also out now) that she is still in the show. Otherwise it will undermine the message but yeah I'm worried that was a one off.

I listened to his interview on Howard Stern today, he mentions that after the next 2 there are 10 episodes that have a narrative arc which I find compelling.

• Upvote 1

That fat girl scene was absolutely stunning. It felt so brutal. And beautifully shot, too.

She isn't in episode 4, sadly. I really liked her.

Do you think they should have made her blind or something?

I know what you mean but it's virtually impossible for some people to make significant lifestyle changes.

Or just ugly, or had terrible acne, or any one of a million unfortunate things that people are born with and can't change. Complaining people don't find you attractive because you're overweight is like complaining you can't make friends in japan because you don't speak Japanese. Learn Japanese :quote:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I listened to his interview on Howard Stern today, he mentions that after the next 2 there are 10 episodes that have a narrative arc which I find compelling.

I'm on his mailing list because I bought his live show. Last email I got explains a bit better about how the arcs will run.....

This is Louis C.K. I'm a comedian. You know about me from something or other. Anyway, sorry to bother you. I just wanted to let you know that my series on FX, LOUIE, returns for it's fourth season tonight at 10pm.

Tonight being Monday, May 5th. There will be 2 episodes tonight, 10 and 10:30 and there will be 2 episodes every Monday for the next 7 weeks.

The first three episodes are pretty typical of what we've done in the past, Self-contained stories.

But the next 6 episodes after that are all connected in one story.

Then we have a three part story and a two part story. So lots of… parts stories.

• Upvote 1

Or just ugly, or had terrible acne, or any one of a million unfortunate things that people are born with and can't change. Complaining people don't find you attractive because you're overweight is like complaining you can't make friends in japan because you don't speak Japanese. Learn Japanese :quote:

but it has 3 alphabets! I'll just go to some gaijin bar and pull lunatics.

Maybe she enjoys eating, like Louis? That was her main point wasn't it? That she isn't that upset about being fat, but there's a weird separation that makes fatter girls a lot less attractive than fat men.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't think that's true at all. half of Louis' career has been about being unattractive because he's fat. It was the 'I'm just gonna say it: it's your fault' line that really pissed me off.

• Upvote 1