PlayStation Portable Remaster Series

The Sarge

I can't wait to play Peace Walker on a pad. I've played the demo countless times and I can see there's a great game screaming to get out, but I just can't get on with the controls. Every time a soldier spots me I panic and end up laying down and getting back up repeatedly while spinning the camera round and getting shot to pieces.

and getting a small picture in the middle of a largeish/arge screen. It's not particularly practical unless you are desperate. You can get an upsampler, but I doubt it suddenly makes it amazing

i play my PSP go a lot this way, so my kids can watch me play monster hunter (while I play adhoc with my 6 year old.

if your TV has different cinema modes it can be ok, basically looks like the wii version on my 40inch 1080p telly. Just tried it with the intent of taking a photo with my camera, but it looks all low res and crap now Ive seen the pics sarge posted (thanks sarge :facepalm: )

the good news is more people will play monster hunter and if the multiplayer is via adhoc ps3 and psp gamers should be able to play together! :D

Monster Hunter 3 is almost a dead cert for me, but I'd also love to see Peace Walker and the latest Dissidia on there too. Hell, why not a version of Tactics Ogre or FFT too, I always prefer my strategy on the big screen for some undiscernable reason. This is very welcome news though. :)

Why is it this happens right after I buy a PSP and about 10 games? :(

Ah well, they were all very cheap, in fariness.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I haven't got that many games yet though. I hope Sony release a list of the initial range of titles quite soon, as I want to hold off buying many more until then.

It's on iPad soon with partially redrawn graphics so you might be in luck for a ps3 version!

Sorry to derail a bit, but what's the slowdown like on it? Fixed from the PSP version (I assume it's a port)?

From what I heard about it, it has some minor issues with loading times but it's generally agreed that these are a such a minor thing in comparison to the remastered version. So basically go for the psp version.

I'm still a bit unsure how I feel about this; if I'm understanding this correctly to be able to play it on the ps3 and the psp to be able to essentially play it anywhere, I'd have to buy two versions of the game? Stings a bit somewhat.

That said, the remastered versions sure do look purdy...

I've been wanting this kind of functionality for ages and I really didn't think Sony would get there first. I know it is still a bit of a pipe dream, but I want all games to have home console and portable versions. In some cases, that might be the full games sa here. In others it might just be certain aspects of them and be available on other devices such as phones and general web browsers. All of the consoles are now linked to the internet when on and so are our phones and, in future, probably most handheld consoles.

I've been wanting this kind of functionality for ages and I really didn't think Sony would get there first. I know it is still a bit of a pipe dream, but I want all games to have home console and portable versions. In some cases, that might be the full games sa here. In others it might just be certain aspects of them and be available on other devices such as phones and general web browsers. All of the consoles are now linked to the internet when on and so are our phones and, in future, probably most handheld consoles.

I'm totally with you. You don't lose your music experience when you leave the house; you don't lose your internet experience when you leave the house; you don't lose your video experience when you leave the house. The future is not losing your gaming experience when you leave the house.

I'm totally with you. You don't lose your music experience when you leave the house; you don't lose your internet experience when you leave the house; you don't lose your video experience when you leave the house. The future is not losing your gaming experience when you leave the house.

Sounds like Remote Play. Though that only works for enabled games, perhaps it future it will be all games.

Why is it this happens right after I buy a PSP and about 10 games? :(

Ah well, they were all very cheap, in fariness.

Same, but just releasing old games onto PSN seems to be too much work for most publishers. I'll be shocked if more than a handful of games turn up in this form, outside Japan, with in 2 years.

This basic idea, of always being connected to the game via multiple devices has been a bit of a pipedream for some platform holders for a while now, ironically, it seems Zynga might have beat the console crowd to it :)