Project CARS (Slightly Mad Studios) / NAMCO Bandai

The RS.01 replace the Megane Trophy in their recently torpedoed World Series events so it's of the same ilk.

My favourite bit about the "Formula Renault 3.5" is that Renault designed and made precisely none of the car, it's a Dallara-Zytek rebadged,.

Beautiful cars though.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to buy this on the store yesterday but it's £45 on PS4! And they wonder why no one is talking about it.

Has it been in a sale on PS4? And is it likely to go in one again soon? I don't really want to have to own it on disc.

• 2 months later...

Hated this game for ages and I mean hated, it wasnt fun at all. Holy shitballs though, been playing today and wow, such a change and its just wonderful using a controller now.

Hugely impressed and feels super solid, looks beautiful, great content and handles and sounds amaze.

With the death of DC I recommend people give PC a go..

On 24 March 2016 at 10:34 PM, PDogg said:

Hated this game for ages and I mean hated, it wasnt fun at all. Holy shitballs though, been playing today and wow, such a change and its just wonderful using a controller now.

Hugely impressed and feels super solid, looks beautiful, great content and handles and sounds amaze.

With the death of DC I recommend people give PC a go..

Have they made changes to using the controller? I've kept an eye on patch notes over the months and haven't seen anything, but if they have that's great

Controller still feels off to me. Xbox One here and have dialed it in as best I can, but the steering linearity just feels wrong no matter what I try.

I must admit I am enjoying this now I have given it a second chance. It is just so frustrating that games like GT and Forza exist with great controller settings, and PC just doesn't come close.

11 hours ago, Willow said:

Have they made changes to using the controller? I've kept an eye on patch notes over the months and haven't seen anything, but if they have that's great

I couldnt use a controller before, it was utter shit, now it's totally different, no constant spinning, good grip, perfect actually. I'll post my settings.

On 26/03/2016 at 0:00 PM, SteveH said:

Controller still feels off to me. Xbox One here and have dialed it in as best I can, but the steering linearity just feels wrong no matter what I try.

I must admit I am enjoying this now I have given it a second chance. It is just so frustrating that games like GT and Forza exist with great controller settings, and PC just doesn't come close.

I can't comment on how it's been with the consoles but what's frustrated me is that for the longest time during development it just worked!

Though I've not bothered for months, it felt like I had to start fixing the controls again whenever returning to it following time with other sims. Even after using 'just right' settings that caused me to be positive here about CARS ahead of its release! A lot of that depended on the car too but I'd find myself floundering with the steering even desperately trying modern cars with traction control or whatever. Whether new or very old, those other games have never been so problematic and everything from GT machinery to the most fragile and sensitive Formula cars responds well via wheel or 360 controller.  Or keyboard or mouse, come to think of it!

It's so odd.

I don't recall ever reading a PS4 patch note about the controller settings being tweaked or patched.

in my opinion there are still certain cars thy handle well, mostly grippy traction cars like Formula C and certain touring cars etc. but some less grippy cars like the road going Audi R8, Mclaren  etc. are still as twitchy as ever.

in the right car and track this game is still the best I've played though.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally put some time into this today, joined by The Disco and Sharky :) Nearly forgot how amazing this game can be - especially after all the updates, which ironed out all the niggles, it's so enjoyable!

We had some close touring car and GT races going on and I'd love to have more forumites join as we battle some more later on this weekend / next week. To get a taste, let's re-watch this great GT3 battle we had in the early days:

I've gone back to this recently too. It really is a very good game - I've even had some great battles against the AI (when you find the difficulty setting sweet spot on a certain track it makes it great fun). 

Ive worked my way up to Formula B in career mode but that's taken a back seat while I've been getting in to Dirt Rally. It's not that easy just switching between the two, especially with limited time to play, but I'm definitely still on this from

time to time and would be interested in some sort of mini-league racing. 

Been playing this a fair bit again on the Xbox One. Have had to resort to having some assists on though as it really is awful with a controller. other than that, my only real gripe is that despite the large number of circuits, I seem to spend an awful lot of time racing on the same select few during the career mode.

Nice to see this still gets love :) I plan on picking up the GotY edition that's due in May, containing all the DLC. Maybe that's interesting for you too, Jashin?

18 hours ago, Marmite said:

I've gone back to this recently too. It really is a very good game - I've even had some great battles against the AI (when you find the difficulty setting sweet spot on a certain track it makes it great fun). 

Ive worked my way up to Formula B in career mode but that's taken a back seat while I've been getting in to Dirt Rally. It's not that easy just switching between the two, especially with limited time to play, but I'm definitely still on this from

time to time and would be interested in some sort of mini-league racing. 

Definitely, we could do another league after last Summer's on PS4. How about we do some free racing on nights this week - say, from 8PM on?

• 3 weeks later...

Just started this in VR on a Logitech G29 steering wheel.  I tried a quick race on a track with a long wide home straight and I was unable to drive in a straight line.  Is thus to do with calibration of the wheel? I was in a kart if that makes a difference.  

• 1 month later...

With the British F1 Grand Prix coming up this weekend, I fancy some good races on English tracks tonight in this on PS4 :) Who's with me?

Tonight at 8PM! Like this epic GT3 battle we had in the early days: