IGNORED

The Premiership - Official Dressing Room

tyler

Surely it doesn't matter what the name of the league is, if one (or more than one) rates noticeably differently to the others then the only fair way to judge the team selection order for promoted and relegated teams is to use the system they changed it to.

Unless you have a better suggestion, which I'm sure the steering group would gladly vote on, so I'm not sure where the issue is?

That they just get put into selection order on their peer rating as has been done in every season up the last one no matter what league they fell out of?

What was wrong with the system as it stood for many seasons? Oh, I forgot, some people who got relegated might have ended up 8th pick in their new league as the league they came from "rates harshly". Changing it after everyone had paid their fees up was just a moving of the goalposts for relegated managers to slot in at the top for some reason, after being a bit shit.

If you've been relegated then, I dunno, maybe your supposed higher class of play should see you OK in a lower league without additional late notice extra hand-holding.

As I said, link me up to the public discussions. There were none. Just before the team selection there was a classic Rllmuk league "It has been decided..." reveal of the goalpost-movery.

It's no wonder people are saying the league overall is a bit cuntier in the face of such cunt-moves.

I may well have picked it up wrong at the time but people who drop down a league now pick before the people who were in that league before. Right?

No, at least that's not how I understand it. I wasn't in the league when this decision was being made...

I thought the new system was that you pick in the order you were in during the season just gone. So if someone was relegated from the Premiership and had the 12th worst peer-rating that season, they'd have 12th pick in the Championship for the new season, regardless of whether their rating in the Premiership was higher or lower that whoever was 11th worst rated in the Championship.

When two people are in the same league with the same peer-rating position then it goes down to the raw numbers, I believe.

[edit]

Same as if someone got promoted out of the Championship with the best peer-rating in that division, they'd get first pick in the Premiership the following season.

I've come up with a new system that'll suit everyone: Random picks, except for Sean and Sith who pick last. The order for them two is decided with a bare knuckle fight, filmed and broadcast live on rllmukfootballleague.co.uk.

Have you seen the fucking size of Sean compared to me?

Reminescent of;

hayden-panettiere-bikini-candids-in-hawaii-main.jpg

Oh and team selection has been broke for years but seeing as the top players always get the same picks/teams no-one really cares.

*shrug*

Great hissy fit all the same.

I especially liked the many mentions of fees for the next season having been already paid.

When the change to the team selection was made, they were. I've maybe misconstrued the change but it favours those who are dropping a league after relegation.

Challenge Anneka Week Nine - Roll titles...

Trailer W4 W5 W6 W7 W8

107.gifpompey88 v LittleJoe 13.gif

What once looked like a potential title clash early in the season, now looks like top v bottom. Joe has simply done his season in reverse this time around, with his collapse towards the end. He nearly had us fooled. Madrid will be favourites, on the back of the after match brawl in Munich. That should have them on full alert. There's nothing Joe would like more than to put a spanner in pompey's title dreams though. It's nice to want things.

History

pomjoe.jpg

Lawro vs Seedorf. But they're not playing football, they're playing Boules.

Anneka's Verdict

Seedorf's spanner - 2 points each

110zxmp.gif

1.gifJaminTastic v Link 43.gif

WWLLWW... No, not Timmo struggling to ask a girl out but Jamin's form. His visit to Birmingham looks like a slight bump on the tracks for the JaminTrain. Who wouldn't be distracted by the locals though. Take that as you will. I'm not getting involved in midland's politics. For this next bit, I need everyone to starting booing...thanks. Link *booo* the naughty boy from that game about fields and swords. My thoughts exactly. He met Lawro last week and took his legs from under him. There's no metaphor, he two footed the old codger good and proper. Turns out, it was that Ronaldo chap though. Fair game.

History

None

Anneka's Verdict

Jamin Justice - 6 points Arsenal

110zxmp.gif

67.gifhumdrum v mackenie 68.gif

I'll be honest, not quite as exciting a fixture as the previous two. I'll do my best here. Mackenie took a win from Madrid a couple of weeks back...yeah I know I've mentioned that before. Okay, so he then lost to Jamin twice. Just trying to give some balance. Fine, moving on to Mattie then. Jesus.

History

macmat.jpg

Close call. Best I could come up with. There'll be a good pun for the prediction though, promise.

Anneka's Verdict

Bore draw - 3 points each

110zxmp.gif

7.gifRocafella v Sean_L_99 2.gif

Roca smashed up Barcelona good last time out and will want to end strongly to finish in the top half. Sean has bounced back well from his mid-season strop and put together a good run in the league with four wins and he's still in one of the cups. I forget which. This could be a battle to finish as high as third place.

History

searoc.jpg

Anneka's Verdict

I'll have an L_99 with a flake please - 4 points Villa

110zxmp.gif

19.gifbaring v tyler 102.gif

Oh wow. That's what people might have once said when these two met. Now, maybe they'll find some humour in the mid table battle. Baring's got the most shiny teeth medal collection in the league, tyler is the current champion. A champion that's spent all his winnings and is now fighting anyone who'll turn up and give him a buck to punch him in the face.

History

baryle.jpg

Good times. Happy memories.

Anneka's Verdict

After you old timer - 3 points each

110zxmp.gif

annekabbc.jpg

Anneka x

If any of my opponents I'm due to play can play at 9:30, I'm there. Otherwise we can do after BAP, or tomorrow between 6 and 8:30. Otherwise it's Sunday after 7.

Otherwise I'll send some fixture notes on Monday.

Timmo 0 - 1 Humdrum

Humdrum 1 - 2 Timmo

First games for a while and it was good to get my boots back on, or something. I started the first match well enough, creating a good few half chances and one on one one for Ibra which was smothered by Julio Cesar. The match was very dull though, to be honest. The only goal came in the second half. Pazzini found some rare space on the edge of the area, cut inside, and finished well off the post. It was Mattie's only chance of the game so a bit of a hammer blow for me, but it wasn't as if I was knocking at the other end.

The second game Mattie was actually much better, and created a number of chances. Although he perhaps lacked a cutting edge, he bossed possession. The first goal came a little against the run of play, and was freak. Pressing the secondary pressure button whilst challenging for the ball, my player got to the ball and lumped it up the field, an aimless kick. For some reason Inter decided this was the best time to do their only offside trap of the evening, and suddenly Cassano was clean through. Julio Cesar did his best to help Milan by jumping out of the way, and Cassano tapped into the empty net.

The lead wouldn't last long however, thanks to the goal of the evening. A long ball forward looked to be easily dealt with by Thiago Silva, the defender deciding to tap the ball back to his goalkeeper as the safest option. Cue the ever brilliant Abbiati playing an influential part in the move, slooooowly turning on the spot with the gait of a constipated gibbon, happily watching the ball trickle over the line for Silva's first goal of the season. 1-1.

Neither team looked particularly dangerous after this. Pato hit a few tame headers, but couldn't challenge Cesar. It was around the 60th minute that Ibra flashed across goal to meet a cross and send a fine header into the corner. Milan should have added to their lead a moment later but Pato fluffed his lines once again.

The remainder of the game saw continued pressure from Inter but no clear chances. Some patient defending from Milan saw them hold out.

Thanks for the games, mattie.

Nasri-al nice

Frenchman's cheeky finish sees Arsenal clinch away win

1367679_full-lnd.jpg

59.gifTimmo (1 - 3) JaminTastic 1.gif

Walcott 16

Pato 32

Nasri 52

Djourou 81

AC Milan - Arsenal FC
5 Shots 9
3 On target 4
48% Possession 52%
60% Shot accuracy 44%
85% Pass accuracy 86%

My first league outing in a few weeks and it's safe to say in the first match at the San Siro I was certainly lucky to be level at half-time, if not also by full-time.

It starts well for the Gunners, with the usual passing play allowed Bendtner to streak down the right, and he put in a pinpoint cross for Walcott to outmuscle Abate and head home. The lead didn't last long, although it came through Milan's first real foray upfield. Cassano broke down the right, delivered a cross to the back post where the onrushing Pato beat the stationary Sagna to the aerial duel to bring it to 1-1.

The remaining 15 minutes were manic, as Milan lay siege to the Arsenal goal. Cassano got clear, only to see a very presentable opportunity blocked, and minutes later it looked for all the world as if Ibrahimovic would tap home after latching onto a lofted through ball, but he managed to just scoop it over the Arsenal crossbar, as well as Chesney.

Second half felt a different contest, as I sacrificed the more defensive Wilshere for the flair of Nasri, and it paid off on 52 minutes. Nasri got past a couple of Milan tackles before flicking it with the outside of the left-foot off the base of the post and into the corner. There was time for Milan to press but without creating another clear-cut opportunity, and Djourou claimed a goal from a corner at the death after his marker ran off to chat to a nearby ball boy.

---

1.gifJaminTastic (3 - 0) Timmo 59.gif

Djourou 51

Nasri 60

Arshavin 90

article-1297084743268-0D0DA85E000005DC-70275_636x300.jpg

Arsenal FC - AC Milan
16 Shots 7
10 On target 4
51% Possession 49%
62% Shot accuracy 57%
83% Pass accuracy 88%

Don't let the stats fool you - this game was tight for 60 minutes, with some incredible goalmouth scenes at both ends.

The first-half was all huff and puff by Arsenal, and Milan made most of the running with attack after attack being desperately hoofed and cleared. An incredibly unlucky couple of minutes occured on around 30 minutes, when an Ibra header cracked off the bar, down onto the 6-yard line, Djourou instinctively slid in, taking out Chesney, the ball bounced high - seemingly for eternity, before dropping onto the waiting Ibra's head only for it to graze the crossbar again and trickle onto the top of the net. Amazing scenes and a massive let-off.

The first goal came - again, from a corner. Bendtner and Djourou were upsetting Milan from these set-pieces, and it was the centre-back again who leapt highest (and again unchallenged) to score in the second consecutive match.

This seems to initiate a slight dropping of heads from the Milan boys, and Nasri doubled the lead from a fortuitous rebound-tap in goal after a Fabregas effort was palmed out by Abbiati. Arsenal were understandably having the lions share of chances and passes at the point, and Arshavin completed the scoring right on full-time, nodding home after a deep Bendtner cross found him unmarked backstick.

Running stats

Top goal scorers

Bendtner - 15

Walcott - 14

Arshavin - 7

Nasri - 4

Diaby - 3

---

Thanks for the game Timmo, the stats don't really show it but I'd say you should feel pretty aggrieved at not picking up any points from either of these. In both games you had large spells of possession and chances, just luckily for me the ball conspired not to go in. That said, I thought I defended pretty well for once - about time, after being torn apart a bit by mack the other week.

Good luck in your rest mate, catch you in the Transfer League and Thursday for BAP! :)

Very well played Jamin, and much deserved. I was just saying to someone yesterday how important mental strength is in these games, and as well as being the technically better player, you really showed me up on that front.

The first half in the second match was perhaps my best performance of the season. Defensively I held you to one shot, and attack wise I was well on top. However after hitting the woodwork three times and going in at 0-0 despite all the pressure, I let my head drop. From then on there was only going to be one winner and you utterly dominated. I feel sorry for the fans sitting at the other side of the pitch to that side's very busy goalmouth!

Cheers for the games and chat, I'll seek revenge with the mighty Blackburn!

Challenge Anneka Week Ten - Roll titles...

Trailer W4 W5 W6 W7 W8 W9

Matches aren't even being reported and are being played ahead of time to end the suffering of some. So as everyone has seemingly lost interest or is playing The FIFA Transfer League instead, this week Anneka will bring you her grand finale and look to make her final prediction.

Jamin's won the league.

110zxmp.gif

annekabbc.jpg

Anneka x

Baring 3 v 0 Tyler

Tyler 1 v 3 Baring

A good 6 points for Spurs saw them clear the safety zone by a healthy margin. Both games had equal stats with shots and possesion but Spurs created the more clear openings and took the points. Really end to end felt like friendlies as we both had nowt to play for. Crouchy got a hat trick in the 2nd game, scoring the 3rd with his chest (Tyler has vid).

Cheers for the games bud and good chatting as always :) We'll be back for 12!

Baring 4 v 1 Timmo

Timmo 2 v 4 Baring

These were the right scores Timmo?

2 games end to end, i edged the first and put away some nice finishes. 2nd game Timmo and Milan battered me for just about 90 minutes but Gomes was in inspired form and Ibra missed some sitters, i managed to break away and grab the vital goals. Really harsh on timmo as he had 19 shots to my 8 i think.

Cheers for the games bud and nice talking to you as always. good luck rest of the season.

Mackenie 2 - 1 Humdrum

Humdrum 2 - 2 Mackenie

Played Humdrum a week before the fixture was due, so don't remember too much, i could be wrong about the exact scorline, but the important thing for me is taking four points, though if it wasn't for a last minute goal in the second game, it would of been six. I didn't deserve six points though, very even games, but Humdrum just coudln't get past my last ditch tackles and blocks.

Baring 4 v 1 Timmo

Timmo 2 v 4 Baring

These were the right scores Timmo?

2 games end to end, i edged the first and put away some nice finishes. 2nd game Timmo and Milan battered me for just about 90 minutes but Gomes was in inspired form and Ibra missed some sitters, i managed to break away and grab the vital goals. Really harsh on timmo as he had 19 shots to my 8 i think.

Cheers for the games bud and nice talking to you as always. good luck rest of the season.

Well played mate! You were ripping my up with those one twos high up the pitch, no-one else does them like you. Your overcommiting of players meant I had plenty of chances myself but fair play to you taking more. I was disappointed with the Zlat who missed a host of easy chances, although Gomes was in inspired form it mucst be said. Was it Pato who seeminly had an open goal, only for Gomes to teleport or something and tip it around the post? Insane.

Always disappointing to have 19 shots and lose, and I feel 6 points was harsh, but you were brutal with the chances you got and the better player where it mattered.

Thanks for the games.