The Premiership - Official Dressing Room

tyler

It's my right to make a sub but fucking FIFA wouldn't let me and neither did you since you knew you would be at a major advantage, you can say I'm talking shit but hey ho that is what I think.

I would quite gladly have let you make a sub if I'd known you'd wanted to make one (you should've screamed down the mic or something), but I just didn't make the assumption and instantly think to pause the game so you could do so. I've had people have players sent off against me before and none of them have ever asked me to pause the game and I've never asked anyone to pause if for me, most people normally just have a chuckle about it. I never made the connection. I suppose I just suck it up and get on with it and wait until I get a moment later on to do so if I think it's causing some problems for my team.

I couldn't give a giant toss as whether I'd gained an advantage over you in a game of virtual football! Why would you assume I would? I've already had the great honour of winning a mug, which I immediately hid so my girlfriend wouldn't think I'm a massive sad bastard. I don't have room in my drawer to hide another.

So yeah, you are talking shit and I demand a heartfelt apology from you for being an arse and I'll fucking well know if it isn't heartfelt, mate.

I think it's amazing that sith is still arguing that his opponent should give him time to replace a sent off player.

It's a football rule, how is it hard to understand?

During a stoppage a team/player can make a sub at anytime.

Hardly rocket-science.

Magnificent work all round. :lol:

Despite the long-awaited return of angry sith, I think my favourite part is the straight-faced accusation that Link has behaved in a manner not in keeping with the spirit of the league. An independent observer might suggest that, being relatively new, Link looked upon the team selection debacle and obtained a pretty accurate understanding of the spirit of the league these days, and acted accordingly. Superb ironing.

Miner's transformation - from league hero and anti-Baring force for good to ring-side heel who presides over the murky United clique*, never quite gets in the ring and puts his money where his mouth is, but nonetheless has a lot to say about the way the league is run and whoever's playing in it - is fascinating.

Regrettably, like all shadowy masterminds, his goons are completely hapless. A Premiership filled with the same people who +1'd his post is as likely as a United BAP title.

* a clique that remains peculiarly consistent in its large core of players.

Amazing reading, as seems to be the norm these days, in this thread.

It pretty much sums up everything that's wrong with the whole thing. I can't quite put my finger on when/where it went wrong but it's certainly a far less 'fun' place to be these days. I'm not digging at Link or Russian (both of whom I have played and found to be excellent combatants) or even Pompey, Sith or Sean (who seem to be most bitter (double bracket bonus; ok maybe sean, who can't help himself) of late) but ultimately the league has lost much of it's old enjoyment.

It's all about win at all costs and act like a cunt if I lose currently. Where have the days of people turning up with the common goal of just playing with like-minded individuals wanting to enhance the online footy experience gone?

Truly shameful behaviour, and makes for a league that will only get worse in my opinion.

Amazing reading, as seems to be the norm these days, in this thread.

It pretty much sums up everything that's wrong with the whole thing. I can't quite put my finger on when/where it went wrong but it's certainly a far less 'fun' place to be these days. I'm not digging at Link or Russian (both of whom I have played and found to be excellent combatants) or even Pompey, Sith or Sean (who seem to be most bitter (double bracket bonus; ok maybe sean, who can't help himself) of late) but ultimately the league has lost much of it's old enjoyment.

It's all about win at all costs and act like a cunt if I lose currently. Where have the days of people turning up with the common goal of just playing with like-minded individuals wanting to enhance the online footy experience gone?

Truly shameful behaviour, and makes for a league that will only get worse in my opinion.

Attitudes in here are fine you prick.

In all seriousness, and though it's been said every other season for as long as I've been here, I think Manic has a point. The Premiership has been far less civil in the past, but there's definitely been a shift in how seriously people go about winning in the past few seasons or so.

I reckon it'd be interesting if we could compare the amount of bookings and sendings off between now and a couple of seasons ago. Just one example, but the unspoken rule of A tackles only seems to have gone out of the window of late.

I've only been in the league for what, 5 seasons, and I have to say I've felt a difference between the beginning and now.

I wonder if the movement from cups and trophies for wins to the Amazon vouchers in recent seasons might be the impotus? Me and mack were commenting during our games how, independently of each other, we felt certain players don't use the mic so much as they feel they play better without it. It's a sad state of affairs if that's the case.

I think it was only last season that we had vouchers. Tomox and then Joe had been doing cups before then, so I don't think it can be related to the current situation.

I'd be in favour of the admin team taking a more pro-active approach and starting to suspend/ban/dock points/kick in the face people who bring the league into disrepute.

Make it so that if you act like a knob then there are consequences.

Don't think I've ever had a red card in any of my 6 seasons in the leagues, no need to slide around, chopping players down like what happens in ranked games.

You just ain't trying hard enough.

The slide tackle is like cutting your nails with a chainsaw.. sure, now and then you may lose a finger, but it's a sign of a real rugged man, not the kinda guy who gets a pedicure.

I think we should just remove all prizes anyway. Charge for the admin fee and running of the league and people like Tyler won't be fixated on trying to get more mugs than me :P

I say this because you dont really need another mug in your house if anyone wins one and i binned all mine the other week as they just sat there.

Reduce fees, reverse picking order and lets just have fun. It will be a new Fifa next season and summit im looking forward to.

Everyone should be on the mic also, unless you cant help it ofcourse. All this bullshit 'i play better when i dont talk' etc is just sad.

I need you guys to talk to me so I can bore you to death and win again :ph34r:

Didn't you say you didn't use the mic in our games so you could concentrate more Baring? Sorry if you didn't as I can't remember exactly but I think only you and Link haven't been on the mic so far.

Actually it may been because you had a mate over which is fair enough.

Baring, how many times this season have you tried to float the reverse team selection idea? It's like AV - it's a miserable compromise no one wants and it won't solve anything (bit of political humour, there).

I can do the trophies again this season, Mike. Was too busy with uni work last season.

Whats with all the snobbery about mics in these leagues? I mean I'm all for people having a mic handy incase something gos wrong and you need to quickly chat. But if someone feels they play better without a mic and doesn't want to hear all the moans, groans and sniggering then so be it. No need to force it down peoples throats like some sort of school teacher.

Also I think what Link did has been blown out of proportion.Ok he done wrong! but he's only in his second season and he probably won't do it again.I mean most of the smoggies have done far worse and been in the leagues for ages.

Cheer up :)

Sean had the same excuse when I played him. Him and Baring are friends, aren't they?

Coincidence?

Just to clarify sean was round mine the night he play you and mackenie, and he didnt have the mic on because he was getting abuse and laughed at by us lot. Think it wouldn't have been fair on you to here all us mocking him and his game play :D

Also pilotwings why is it just smoggie that have done far worse, after all we are just 6 of 60 players in these league :huh:

Think people should talk on the mic as this gives them a chance to chat and having a laugh, but also explain them selves if anything goes wrong like whats happen here. I mean whats wrong in chatting before and after the game, dont have to while playing the game as you can always explain this to your oppenent!

Also pilotwings why is it just smoggie that have done far worse, after all we are just 6 of 60 players in these league :huh:

I said most of the smoggies who have been in the leagues for ages, so that rules you out. Like baring, sean and nathan who have all rage quit.

Didn't you say you didn't use the mic in our games so you could concentrate more Baring? Sorry if you didn't as I can't remember exactly but I think only you and Link haven't been on the mic so far.

Actually it may been because you had a mate over which is fair enough.

I had my cousin over and Joe i talked to you didnt I?

Sometimes i just can't be arsed with people moaning.