IGNORED

The Premiership - Official Dressing Room

tyler

Challenge Anneka Week Eight - Roll titles...

Trailer W4 W5 W6 W7

43.gifLink v pompey88 107.gif

Link hasn't played this week but left us on decent form. Madrid have stumbled but still look favourites of a two horse race at this point in the season. We're likely to get a good contest here with Madrid's quality shining through in the end. Two close matches.

History

None

Anneka's Verdict

In his pomp - 6 points Madrid

110zxmp.gif

68.gifmackenie v JaminTastic 1.gif

Mackenie got himself a great win against Madrid last time out but will still be looking over his shoulder rather than up the table. Jamin blew hot and cold on his return to action this week and won't be able to afford many more slip ups if he's to keep in touch with Madrid at the top.

History

jamiew.jpg

Let's not rub it in.

Anneka's Verdict

First time for everything - 3 points each

110zxmp.gif

59.gifTimmo v baring 19.gif

Baring's hit some form and fired himself into the top half. Timmo is still playing outside, ignoring the calls from Mum to come in for his dinner. "I don't live there any more, Mum", he shouts. What a mean son he is. This will probably be a decent match up but no-one really cares about the outcome. If I was forced to make a prediction I'd put it in the spoiler tags below.

History

barimo.jpg

All Baring in their one previous meeting.

Anneka's Verdict

Nice but Tim - 4 points Spurs

110zxmp.gif

102.giftyler v Rocafella 7.gif

Tylerinho's season ended on the 4th July 2011. He declared his independence from the rllmukfootballleague with a bold statement of intent. He celebrated with a firework display and a midnight barbecue that nobody was invited to. All the ladies who truly feel me. Throw your hands up at me. So, on to Roca. He's got his head above the relegation line with points against Mattie and will be looking to continue on the upward curve here.

History

tyloca.jpg

Again, just one prior meeting.

Anneka's Verdict

Roc and a hard place - 6 points Chelsea

110zxmp.gif

2.gifSean_L_99 v humdrum 67.gif

Sean is back on the medication and his outlook is classed today as "Rosy". He comes off the back of great wins against Jamin and will no doubt continue this good form, mood permitting. Mattie is dragging himself towards second bottom with the odd result here and there but he finds it just as tough to drag himself to play FIFA.

History

searum.jpg

Sean's only dropped two points before.

Anneka's Verdict

A barrel of laughs points - 6 points Villa

110zxmp.gif

annekabbc.jpg

Anneka x

Excellent as always tyler. Although no idea why Anneka keeps on predicting me six points, especially after Link beat twice in Champs League. I'm expecting some very tough games.

Some great wins for Sean against Jamin, which makes it a bit more interesting at the top. Jamin looks very consistent though apart from that minor blip.

Anneka is the new Gray black. Top stuff.

Last night was the worst I've played in a long time, credit to Sean for that of course. Whoever can put a run together will have the best shot. The main problem for me is that I'm now into my traditional mid-season blip which has blighted the past 2 league campaigns.

If we learned anything from last season it was discount tyler at your peril.

Late late show stuns Juve

Italian side rue missed chance after missed chance

439x.jpg

1.gifJaminTastic (4 - 2) mackenie 68.gif

Bendtner 7

Krasic 24

Toni 32

Walcott 76, 89

Nasri 83

Arsenal FC - Juventus FC
4 Shots 10
4 On target 5
46% Possession 54%

A quick look at the scores and then the stats reveals just how unlucky Mack was in this game.

Juventus dominated for 75 minutes, pressing Arsenal back, mixing their play with close, tricky play and some delightful final balls - easily the best football I've played against so far this season. Despite this, it was Arsenal who took the lead, a pinpoint cross from Walcott found Bendtner unmarked and from 3 yards he made no mistake.

The Italian giants' pressure was beginning to make the game attack vs defence, and they deservedly drew level soon after through Krasic. 8 minutes later it got even worse, when Toni evaded a Clichy tackle to calmly stroke into the corner. Arsenal were weathering the storm at this point, and were relieved to get to half-time at just 2-1 down.

A formation reshuffle for Arsenal had no time to have any effect as the game split - mack hitting the post on his screen at the same time as his goalkeeper was expertly dribbling around my midfield :lol:. A restart later, mack was worried any momentum his side had attained might be lost via the restart, but in truth it carried on in much the same fashion. How Juventus didn't score again in the next 30-in-game minutes only mack knows. Aquilani put wide an open goal header from 4 yards, and Toni had two free headers on the 6-yard line both of which he skied high and handsone.

With about ten minutes left I had an attack - the first I'd seen of mack's area, and in typical fashion I promptly scored - Arshavin picked out Bendtner at the back post, who nodded it across for Walcott to nod into the empty net. This galvanised my side and suddenly they were coming forward in waves. Even more amazingly I took the lead 6 minutes afterwards, some nice passing allowed Nasri a shooting chance, and he rifled it into the bottom corner. Mack and Juve were stunned. It got worse 3 minutes later and the capitulation was complete - Walcott with a tap-in after good work from Arshavin down the left.

Resolute Gunners complete the double in Turin

Clinical Nic the man again

940D077E-ED1E-8BA8-4CC7DDB180C0E8F9.jpg

68.gifmackenie (1 - 4) JaminTastic 1.gif

Walcott 20

Bendtner 25, 72

Aquilani 47

Melo o.g. 88

Juventus FC - Arsenal FC
5 Shots 10
2 On target 7
52% Possession 48%
40% Shot accuracy 70%
78% Pass accuracy 79%

This game, understandably, Mack didn't play anywhere near as well as in the first, and two early goals from Walcott and Bendtner gave me a lead Juve didn't look likely to recover from. Remembering the previous match however I tried to keep it going, but Aquilani stroked home after a lovely jink in the box to narrow the deficit.

The game was made safe deep in the second half after a nice Bendtner goal and then, just to sum up Mack's afternoon in one FIFA-movement, a super-weak Arshavin shot was missed by the flapping Buffon, but Melo was on the line to clear. Instead of just clearing it he sort of slid before the ball go to him, and it bobbled onto and over him and into the goal, being awarded as an own goal in the process!

---

Running stats

Top goal scorers

Bendtner - 15

Walcott - 13

Arshavin - 6

Diaby - 3

Fabregas - 2

---

As I said after the games Mack, I've never seen anything like it in the first game. You had so many chances I couldn't possibly remember them all, and that was as dominant a 75-minutes as I can ever remember against me. 'Smash and grab' is the only way to describe it. The second one I think I probably deserved but I suspect your head had dropped by then.

Cheers for the games, and really well played. Easily the hardest opponent I've played in the league so far and I get 6 points from you. Best of luck in your rest mate.

Some More Games Of FIFA Football

Recounted Here For Your Pleasure

67.gifhumdrum (3 -3 ) tyler 102.gif

messia10.jpg

Played over a week a go I think. I'd actually forgotten the reports due to being played directly before BAP. The games were mostly spent negotiating Mattie's future in the league. I think he quit, verbally, at least three times over the course of the games and you really sounded like you were having fun mate. The first match ended with Mattie apologising for wasting time as he was 3-2 ahead and desperate for points, only for a loose keeper throw out to be chested into the path of Senor Messi by the Inter CB and the mini Argentinian curled one into the top corner. Ouchy.

At this point Mattie quit the league for definite but a few minutes later decided we should play the second anyway.

102.giftyler (5 - 2) humdrum 67.gif

messi10n.jpg

Cheers Mattie, fun times. I'm hoping FIFA 12 delivers a game to your liking because the last two times I've played you in the league it was like playing Mike circa FIFA 09 where all my goals were terrible and his were brilliant.

Another Headline To Declare A Second Set Of Fixtures

This Strapline Is An Idea Stolen From Jamin But I Picked The Colours Myself

102.giftyler (2 - 5) Rocafella 7.gif

messix03.jpg

7.gifRocafella (6 - 0) tyler 102.gif

piquex01.jpg

These games with Roca were played on that famous evening, Independence Day 2011. We are still investigating the cause of the played 7, lost 6, drew 1 evening of soccertainment but as yet no reliable diagnosis has been given.

Cheers Roca and well played on avenging my wins last season.

Link you're in the wrong place, stick to the ranked games if you're going to hack people down when they're through on goal. In the first game you tried to take me down when through and Ronaldo rode the challege and I managed to score.

Second game I was clean through with Ronaldo, you were running right behind me and chopped me down with the game poised at 2-2. Then you do it again later and concede a penalty, you're in the wrong league. Why even bother playing if you're going to be a dick?

2011-05-07-iker-04a.gif

MUNCHEN MERK MANCHESTER

30259x2.jpg

43.gifLink (3 - 1) LittleJoe 13.gif

Goalscorers:

##' A Robben

##' A Robben

##' M Gomez

FC Bayern Munchen - Manchester United FC
10 Shots 7
8 On target 5
57% Possession 43%
80% Shot accuracy 71%
85% Pass accuracy 81%

13.gifLittleJoe (0 - 4) Link 43.gif

Goalscorers:

##' A Robben

##' A Robben

##' M Gomez

Manchester United FC - FC Bayern Munchen
4 Shots 14
3 On target 8
45% Possession 55%
75% Shot accuracy 57%
81% Pass accuracy 83%

Running stats

Top goal scorers

M Gomez - 15

A Robben - 8

B Schweinsteiger - 2

T Muller - 2

D van Buyten - 1

CFTG LittleJoe :) The 1st game was very close & tight but those crazy own goals didnt help you in the 2nd game. I can't remember which game it was now but I don't think I've scored a better goal than that Robben volley :D

some surprising scores whilst i was away, especially Tyler :o

More to come from the Bayern camp tonight.

BAYERN BAD BLOOD SPILLS

2bzb6b.jpg

43.gifLink (4 - 3) pompey88 107.gif

Goalscorers:

##' A Robben

FC Bayern Munchen - Real Madrid CF
15 Shots 9
10 On target 7
51% Possession 49%
66% Shot accuracy 77%
79% Pass accuracy 82%

107.gifpompey88 (3 - 1) Link 43.gif

Goalscorers:

##' A Robben

##' A Robben

##' M Gomez

Real Madrid CF - FC Bayern Munchen
10 Shots 7
6 On target 3
51% Possession 49%
60% Shot accuracy 42%
80% Pass accuracy 81%

Running stats

Top goal scorers

M Gomez - 16

A Robben - 11

B Schweinsteiger - 2

T Muller - 2

D van Buyten - 1

The first match was the 3-1 to Pompey. It was a great game I thought and I tried to play like the CL gmaes we'd played earlier in the season, mainly countering the spanish waves. But it was just too hard against the mighty Madrid. Eventually they broke though. Pompey scored a really nice overhead kick to make it 3-1 in the last minute.

Back to germany with our tails between our legs and I had to just go for it. And it worked after a hiccup with Madrid opening the scoring in 5mins. After I should have been 4 up at half time but wayward finishing cost me. I did get in the lead but Kaka equalised before HT which was frustrating with such dominance of the game. A Gomez header gave me the deserved, i thought, lead again straight after HT but not long after Ronaldo got ahead of fat schweinsteiger inside my half with my defence nowhere and I made an instant decision to slide. I knew the chances were 5-95 against but it was the only chance I had of stopping the machine. No excuses though, I shouldn't have done it, frustrations got to me with how hard it was against Madrid. I've apologised to Pompey but understand he's in no mood to accept. Then a Robben freekick gave me a two goal advantage with 10 men. The Madrid penalty made it a scary end to the game but i held on for a very, very tough win.

Link you're in the wrong place, stick to the ranked games if you're going to hack people down when they're through on goal. In the first game you tried to take me down when through and Ronaldo rode the challege and I managed to score.

Second game I was clean through with Ronaldo, you were running right behind me and chopped me down with the game poised at 2-2. Then you do it again later and concede a penalty, you're in the wrong league. Why even bother playing if you're going to be a dick?

2011-05-07-iker-04a.gif

It was 3-2 at the time but makes no odds. I've said what I can about it.

The penalty was just blind panic smashing the clear button and the ball was already cleared when a second defender slid into a random Madrid player. Nothing doing there.

Madrid are by far and away the best team in fifa, so hard to play and I do play ranked on PS3. Everyone uses them. I guess I just hate Madrid, it's the only team I seem to get frustrated by.

He's at it again..

I'm glad i hacked you down now and managed to grab a draw in our games :)

I genuinely don't think i've EVER hacked someone down when they are CLEAN through on goal in a league game apart from yourself of course. Isn't this the third time this season?

Both barrels from Lawro for Link. Does this mean Sean and Link both get thrown out of the league and play ranked games together?

ps. Link's TWO reds against me weren't hacks but you are starting to look like late 90s Arsenal with that red card record...

VILLA STEP IT UP ONCE MORE

Internazionale 1 - 4 Aston Villa

An early goal set the tone for this game as Villa's defence were in ominous form at the San Siro. They proved to overcome every challenge as the pace of Eto'o was quickly neutralised with a deep line and quick closing. Bent headed in 'somehow' from a Agbonlahor cross and Inter were never really allowed to get back in the game as Villa plucked away and were able to race into a 3-0 lead before defensive lapses started to kick in and Eto'o scored soon after Villa's third. Villa kept it tight and were able to add another but the Italians were definately more in the game in the second half and should have made it more tighter.

Aston Villa 4 - 2 Internazionale

mattie's turn this time to come storming out of the blocks as the Italians swept forward and shocked the home side with a goal inside the first 3 minutes. Villa were woeful, and never looked like producing a shot, nevermind grabbing an equaliser and as Villa were praying for half time another goal went in to sink the Villa fans hopes before the whistle. Villa came out rejuvinated and were patient with their attacking, they were able to grab a goal through Stewy D and soon after the equaliser came. Villa had adopted an ultra-offensive tactic to try grab the winner and it paid off in the 84th minute as a Gabby goal completed the comeback. He then added another from what looked like an impossible angle with a header which beat Cesar. 4-2 and another 6 points to keep up their recent good form.

- - - - - -

Cheers mattie, as i said on the xbox, you were unlucky especially in the second. I don't quite know what happened to your players but they just seemed to fall asleep and not care. Obviously delighted to take three points and maintain that unbeaten streak against you! Hope to see you again in the league in the future if you decide to carry on. Good luck for the remainder, cheers mate.

I don't mind losing Link, as I showed when you beat me twice in Champs League. The hack wasn't just a one off though, like I said you tried it in the first game which you got away with and I was just amazed you did it again. Not only that, you took me out down the wing and got booked it for it. As soon as you got the red though you put ten at the back and played keep ball between the defence, at one point you even ran the ball back to your own corner flag before turning around and hoofing it.

I can see why you're not on the mic now.

I hope Pompey immediately thought to pause the game so that Link could make a substitution after his player was sent off. If he didn't then he's a game ruining cheat and I'd question why we let him stay in the league if that's how he chooses to behave.

I hope Pompey immediately thought to pause the game so that Link could make a substitution after his player was sent off. If he didn't then he's a game ruining cheat and I'd question why we let him stay in the league if that's how he chooses to behave.

:rolleyes:

Hardly the same situation

Yeah it is. It was Link's central defender that got sent off. His central defender!

From what I understand Link was being a bit of a twat and cynically took took Pompey out when clean through. My tackle was an "A" tackle on the half-way line in 2 great games of FIFA, you think I should be happy at the way I lost the games?

It's my right to make a sub but fucking FIFA wouldn't let me and neither did you since you knew you would be at a major advantage, you can say I'm talking shit but hey ho that is what I think.