The Premiership - Official Dressing Room

tyler

Challenge Anneka Week Seven - Roll titles...

Trailer W4 W5 W6

43.gifLink v LittleJoe 13.gif

These two are now level on points in the table, a little surprising after Joe's start but Link has banked 8 points since...you know. Where as Joe has...you know. At least Joe's hit form in the dressing room though, that's something. I can see two really tight games here with maybe only one goal separating the teams if there's to be a winner. The fight for fourth perhaps?

History

None

Anneka's Verdict

UNITED! SHIT! - 4 points Bayern

110zxmp.gif

107.gifpompey88 v mackenie 68.gif

Pompey's on a hot streak, seemingly angered by defeat to Timmo he's relentlessly charged his way to the top. It's going to take something special to take points from Madrid on current form and a visit from Juve won't have too many at the Bernabeu worried. Mackenie's had the odd decent result but still finds himself in the lower reaches of the table. He'll certainly have his eye on the drop line.

History

pommac.jpg

Mackenie's struggles against Pompey include a 6-0 defeat when he was Madrid and Pompey was ... Pompey.

Anneka's Verdict

Juve no chance - 6 points Madrid

110zxmp.gif

1.gifJaminTastic v Sean_L_99 2.gif

Jamin remains still. Waiting. Ready to pounce. Just 6 games played, yet he sits comfortably in third place. He points at laughs at those below him. That's just his way. He's still undefeated, has the best goals average in the league...right, that's enough. Sean continues to feign joy at his plight. "To the Championship!" he cries. There's little chance of that.

History

jaml99.jpg

Another under Jamin's spell. Sean has little to work with.

Anneka's Verdict

Aston Kutcher - 4 points Arsenal

110zxmp.gif

67.gifhumdrum v tyler 102.gif

Mattie's played a match! Just one though, he's not getting carried away. Perhaps trying to emulate Jamin's slowly, slowly, catchy monkey technique, Mattie unfortunately finds himself rock bottom and well adrift of other relegation rivals. His solitary point against Baring and declaration of hate for the game bode well for his survival bid. Tylerinho lacks consistency, scraping through cup ties along with up and down league form, which makes these matches hard to predict.

History

tylum.jpg

The stats say tyler, especially in recent seasons.

Anneka's Verdict

sadface dot gif - 6 points Barcelona

110zxmp.gif

7.gifRocafella v Timmo 59.gif

Roca's struggle so far this season is a little surprising after his stunning debut. With neither player having played since the last Challenge Anneka there's not much to say really. Timmo's still looking a bit dodgy sat just outside the relegation zone, with his opponent just inside. That's quite interesting I suppose. No? Okay, did you know that Evil is Live spelt backwards? Something to think about...

History

timroc.jpg

Maybe try and win a game, Timmo.

Anneka's Verdict

What's a matter you, hey! - 4 points Chelsea

110zxmp.gif

annekabbc.jpg

Anneka x

Quick note for anyone who has me now/in the next couple of weeks (Jamin, Humdrum and Roca I believe): I get the internet Wednesday the 13th and should be about then and Thursday to catch up if you guys are available.

Why it has taken a month to get the Internet sorted, I don't know.

Sorry to break up the scintilating chat.

Buffon excited to face old Boss

buffon-wtih-lippi.jpg

The love was shared

It has only been a season since Buffon was seperated from his ex manager pompey, but for Buffon there hasn't been a day where he hasn't thought of him.

"I loved him, I really did. We use to have special moments. He use to say I had many faces and take my picture, I didn't understand but I like my picture being taken, it makes me feel nice."

Buffon lifted the Champions League trophy after defeating his current boss, Mackenie.

"It is strange to be playing for him after what happened at Wembley, but he clearly is a good man for making the final, I'm sure we can get more wins soon. He never takes my picture though, I will buy him a camera."

"Quick take my picture like this, you can put it at the bottom of the article saying I had to rush off for the match. Do I look good? I'll do a cheeky smile."

buffon_close.jpg

Buffon had to rush off for tonights matches

TONIGHT

107.gif v 68.gif

Toni recalled, Juve register important win.

107.gif Pompey 2 - 1 Mackenie 68.gif

Going into the game, the last 1v1 I played was Joe. I actually started brightly in this game, creating a couple of decent half chances and openings. The first breakthrough came from an all too familiar source, a Juve defensive error. Motta hoofed the ball into the middle of the defence, and Ronaldo went through and squared for an easy Madrid opener. Juve did little for the rest of the half, with madrid consolodating their lead. The second half was more Juve, spurning chances, and finally bagging through winger pepe. More pressure in the last 10 minutes on Madrid, but they were just too good in this game.

68.gif Mackenie 4 - 2 Pompey 107.gif

Juve started even better in this game, a 2 minute cross from a man that should of been changed before the game started, Iaquinta headed in, then the assister was replaced by Toni. Toni was left out of the first game, with Juve preffering pace, once it was clear pace wasn't going to work against Reals defence, Toni was recalled for this game. A few minutes later Toni was the crosser, and Krasic should of done better with a point blank header. Juve did take a two goal lead on 17, with Iaquinta's silky feet putting him through and a good side foot shot finding the net. All went quite as neither side could get a clear chance, but a header from midfield somehow found a couple of Real attackers unattended. Another square and Real were right back in the hunt. The second half probably favoured Madrid, but it was Aquilani who found space in the box, and a calm finish put Juve three up. Madrid then came back and made it 3-2, good attacking play finished off by a square, game on again. Juve took advantage of the opposition going for the win, and sealed it with a Iaquinta hattrick, Krasic running around the box and chipping it for a comfortable back post header. With the last play of the game Madrid should of had a penalty, a juve defender seemingly taking Ronaldo's legs from under him, the ref decided to let it go, likely because the slide was the result of an attempted clearance.

Well Pompey, no draws today. Think we both deserved a win, and it's a shame your end wasn't smooth. Good luck with rest of your games pal.

Juve too good for Real

buffon1.jpg

107.gif Pompey 2 - 1 Mackenie 68.gif

68.gif Mackenie 4 - 2 Pompey 107.gif

Good reports mate, you were much the better player in both games I thought. I really struggled to get my normal game going and you were always a threat up front. Ronaldo and co looked off form today and at times it felt like I was controlling a jcb instead! Keep playing like that and you'll have no problem staying up, in the second game you could have easily scored a few more, I just couldn't defend. Well played mate and good luck in the rest of your games.

It should be interesting to see how the league will look after Jamin catches up with his fixtures. He has some tough fixtures playing tyler and Sean and he could be running away with it or it could be another tight battle going into the second half of the season.

We Lost and Nic Bendtner Scored! We Lost and Nic Bendtner Scored!

We Lost and Nic Bendtner Scored! We Lost and even Nic Bendtner Scored!

102.giftyler (1 - 6) JaminTastic 1.gif

alvp.jpg

1.gifJaminTastic (6 - 1) tyler 102.gif

messixavi.jpg

'If we say tyler's brother was playing, do you think they'd believe us?'

What can I say. Taken apart. Jamin played brilliantly and took my defence to the cleaners time and time again. A couple of silly goals in there but overall I was just outplayed. The first match I seemed to be doing okay but it just got away from me once Jamin got to 3-1. In the second I was getting loads of chances early on but with no end product. I think I had something like 5 shots 0 on target at HT in that one. The snow at the Emirates actually made it pretty difficult to see through the blizzard so that will do as my excuse for now. I'll think of something better for tomorrow.

Well played El Tastico, some lovely football was played over the two games. I'll let you tell more of tale as I've got some tears to attend to.

Two 6-1 wins over the leagues top player?

Yeah that'll do lads. I'm just gonna go to sleep in my hand here

arsene-wenger-arsenal-fc-14185.jpg

102.giftyler (1 - 6) JaminTastic 1.gif

Bendtner 3, 67

Messi 36

Nasri 40

Fabregas 54

Arshavin 64

Walcott 74

FC Barcelona - Arsenal FC
6 Shots 12
5 On target 10
47% Possession 53%
83% Shot accuracy 83%
81% Pass accuracy 81%

1.gifJaminTastic (6 - 1) tyler 102.gif

Arshavin 17, 31, 63

Bendtner 20, 45

Diaby 61

Alves 77

Arsenal FC - FC Barcelona
20 Shots 11
14 On target 3
51% Possession 49%
70% Shot accuracy 27%
82% Pass accuracy 80%

Running stats

Top goal scorers

Bendtner - 11

Walcott - 10

Arshavin - 6

Diaby - 3

Djourou - 1

Kind words from Mr 'inho but lets call a spade a spade: I played OK, perhaps well. Tyler played awfully. In a way though, this is credit to the man himself, who, in his own words had had a nightmare evening on FIFA still hung about long enough for me to detach myself from the blasted telephone to play him. What a guy.

I was understandably apprehensive before these. Firstly it's Tyler. Secondly I hadn't played a 1v1 match for nigh on 2 weeks before today. The first game I felt was finely poised at 3-1, with chances having been level, until a crazy 20 minutes period saw me notch 4 goals and a healthy cushion. When Arsenal play well they are a dream to play with, and this was the case really for 180 minutes, starting here at the Nou Camp.

The second match I could sense Tyler's confidence already pretty drained, and an early goal off the bonce of Arshavin put me ahead and I didn't really look back. Up until this goal, as said above, Barca had a good number of chances, including a lob by Villa which went whiskers wide. A few more goals either side of half-time put the result to bed, but the goal of the games was scored by Dani Alves, who was at least 35 yards out hit a pile-driver of a freekick into the top corner.

Get better soon Tyler.

x

Kind words from Mr 'inho but lets call a spade a spade: I played OK, perhaps well. Tyler played awfully. In a way though, this is credit to the man himself, who, in his own words had had a nightmare evening on FIFA still hung about long enough for me to detach myself from the blasted telephone to play him. What a guy.

Get better soon Tyler.

x

Cheers Jamin.

I was knocked out of both cups and any chance I had of retaining my title went in the one evening. Baring's probably going to finish above me now, how did it come to this.

That is quite crazy like, Tyler maybe you can have a search throughout the years see if anyone else (prob me or steely) has had such a collapse :P

I love stats!

I know I did a similar thing in S19. Knocked out of both cups and losing both my leagues games the same weekend. I managed to come back in the league that season and win the title though. That's not happening this time around. No really, it's not.

Arsenal v Aston Villa

Tonight @ Late

Arsenal have dismantled Barcelona recently and will be looking to make amends against Villa who took four points from the Gunners in the Champions League. Sean is desperate to get some points on the board after a very poor mid-season run. Two defeats for the Villains could spell a big fight to stay in the league. Tune in later to see if Arsenal have tipped Villa over the edge.

MID-SEASON SLUMP... CAPUT!

Aston Villa 1 - 0 Arsenal

Arsenal 2 - 3 Aston Villa

I'll let Jamin do the fancy write-up as i'm sure he will have to speak to a few of his players in the dressing room. Villa kept it tight throughout and were fairly dangerous on the attack. First game, very nip n tuck i was able to hold out to the win thanks to a backpost header from Gabby.

Second game Villa were 1-0 up again but were pegged back when a goalkick gone-wrong ended up with Bendtner slotting in. Villa then looked to have got the winner but on the 85th minute Arsenal eqaliser through a truely comedy goal. Gabby sealed the win though on the 86th minute with a fine strike outside the box to gift the Villains a 3-2 victory.

Cheers mate, at times i didn't believe it was you actually playing. In the first you weren't yourself at all i thought and was a bit like "hmm i should really try grab another goal or two to make sure" or he might just turn it on in the last 20 minutes or something. I thought i did well containing your boys but unlucky with the final 5 minutes as i thought you had done enough to take a point from the second. Good luck for the remainder and i'm looking to kick on from these results and finish with a good end to the season. Well played mate.

Arsenil

Villa rampant

arsene-wenger-arsenal-fc-14185.jpg

Is it safe to wake up yet boys?

2.gifSean_L_99 (1 - 0) JaminTastic 1.gif

Agbonlahor 39

Aston Villa FC - Arsenal FC
6 Shots 5
4 On target 3
50% Possession 50%
66% Shot accuracy 50%
79% Pass accuracy 73%

1.gifJaminTastic (2 - 3) Sean_L_99 2.gif

Bent 13

Bendtner 45

Young 53

Fabregas 85

Agbonlahor 86

Arsenal FC - Aston Villa FC
8 Shots 9
5 On target 7
46% Possession 54%
62% Shot accuracy 77%
73% Pass accuracy 82%

My second mute Premiership match in succession, but with an altogether different result.

'Taken apart methodically' would be my assessment of these. The scorelines flatter me if anything, an ugly Fabregas bundled effort and a Bendtner tap-in after a goalkeeper error the only sullen prizes from 180 drab minutes. Much like our Champions League encounters earlier in the season, this was an Arsenal side lacking drive, inspiration and most importantly zippy passing. I've been dreadful in our 4 meetings this season, I'm sure Sean will be wondering how I'm 2nd in the table! A 73% pass accuracy in both these games writes its own story.

Unlike the CL games however, I was unable to salvage even a point, as an Agbonlahor screamer in the second game with 4 minutes remaining gave Villa the maximum 6 points.

And it was nothing less than they deserved.

Well played Sean, I tried no less than 4 formations during the course of these and it made no difference. Best of luck in your rest!

Running stats

Top goal scorers

Bendtner - 12

Walcott - 10

Arshavin - 6

Diaby - 3

Fabregas - 2

Yeah those pre-season games we had when I won one 1 of 10 matches certainly give me the confidence they need. :facepalm:

By the way, if anyone else in the Premiership other than me and tyler wants to use tyler's brother for their league games I'll PM on his phone number. What he lacks in FIFA ability he makes up for with loveability.