League One - Official Dressing Room

tyler

SAVIOLA FIRES 'FICA TO FIRST WIN OF THE SEASON

saviola9.jpg

126.gifBleeders (2 - 0) Chooch 42.gif

Saviola, Cardozo

42.gifChooch (1 - 1) Bleeders 126.gif

Ruben Amorim

Tantalising couple games against Chooch this Sunday afternoon. Leverkusen powered into a lead with a header early in the first game, 'Fica at this point could be forgiven for starting to think it was going to be one of those day's again, since they were far too open in their attacking 4-3-3 formation. They managed to stem the flow with some last ditch efforts and some massive misses from the Leverkusen strike-force who were knocking.

Ruben Amorim levelled things up in the second-half for Benfica, which came against the run of play and this gave the side a bit of impetus. However, in an effort of trying to clear a ball, Javi Garcia made a complete hash of it and allowed the Leverkusen striker to out-muscle him and in an A button tackle, the defender was the last man and committed a stupid foul and was rightly sent off! Then, however, the game took a bizarre turn with neither side wanting to win it, since there were big misses in the dying embers of the game; Saviola with only the on-rushing keeper to beat, he inexplicably chips it over the bar and the Leverkusen lad with the goal begging, fired it into the stands. There were more.

The second game saw Benfica stick to their default formation and this afforded them more of the ball; it was all end-to-end stuff right up until half-time when Cardozo nipped infront of the centre-back and fired the team in-front. Second half was more of the same, a good, open game, which could've gone either way but Saviola made sure of the victory with a decent finish; low and hard to the keeper's near-side.

CTFG mate, great chatting to you, apologies again for the sending off.

Scorers

Cardozo (10)

Saviola (10)

Ruben Amorim (1)

SAVIOLA FIRES 'FICA TO FIRST WIN OF THE SEASON

saviola9.jpg

126.gifBleeders (2 - 0) Chooch 42.gif

Saviola, Cardozo

42.gifChooch (1 - 1) Bleeders 126.gif

Ruben Amorim

Tantalising couple games against Chooch this Sunday afternoon. Leverkusen powered into a lead with a header early in the first game, 'Fica at this point could be forgiven for starting to think it was going to be one of those day's again, since they were far too open in their attacking 4-3-3 formation. They managed to stem the flow with some last ditch efforts and some massive misses from the Leverkusen strike-force who were knocking.

Ruben Amorim levelled things up in the second-half for Benfica, which came against the run of play and this gave the side a bit of impetus. However, in an effort of trying to clear a ball, Javi Garcia made a complete hash of it and allowed the Leverkusen striker to out-muscle him and in an A button tackle, the defender was the last man and committed a stupid foul and was rightly sent off! Then, however, the game took a bizarre turn with neither side wanting to win it, since there were big misses in the dying embers of the game; Saviola with only the on-rushing keeper to beat, he inexplicably chips it over the bar, the Leverkusen lad with the goal begging, fires it into the stands.

The second game saw Benfica stick to their default formation and this afforded them more of the ball; it was all end-to-end stuff right up until half-time when Cardozo nipped infront of the centre-back and fired the team in-front. Second half was more of the same, a good, open game, which could've gone either way but Saviola made sure of the victory with a decent finish; low and hard to the keeper's near-side.

CTFG mate, great chatting to you, apologies again for the sending off.

Scorers

Cardozo (10)

Saviola (10)

Ruben Amorim (1)

Great write up mate.

Don't worry about the sending off, it was one of those ones that can happen, it wasn't like I was baring down on your goal from 30 yards out and you took me out!

good games :)

AIMAR DOUBLE HELPS 'FICA TO SAFETY - BUT IS IT TOO LATE?

Aimar.JPG

5.gifPeterUK (2 - 3) Bleeders 126.gif

Aimar (2), Cardozo

126.gifBleeders (2 - 2) PeterUK 5.gif

Saviola, Cardozo

Pablo Aimar fired a double to help Benfica come from behind to secure a victory on their travels. Bolton were the better side in the first and took a well deserved two goal lead with strikes from Holden and Sturridge. Benfica looked dead and buried at half-time, however, they fired back with Aimar pulling a goal back on 55 minutes, which was quickly followed by Cardozo levelling the scores. Both teams continued to attack each other with intent, save for some great defending from both sides. On 80 minutes, Saviola broke free and was in on the keeper, Jussi saved but deflected it into Aimar's path who didn't miss to put the away side in the lead and give them the win.

The return fixture saw both sides go toe-to-toe from the off and it was 'Fica who took a two goal lead into half-time with strikes from Saviola and Cardozo. In a complete role-reversal, Bolton came storming back in the second half with strikes from Sturridge and Holden. Bolton were unlucky not to snatch the game at the end where Lee completely scuffed a great opportunity.

CTFG mate, all the best for the season. :)

Scorers

Cardozo (12)

Saviola (11)

Aimar (2)

Ruben Amorim (1)

Railton has been deduced 3 points for failing to play league games, Jazzy has also been deducted 2 points. Guys, you both have until sunday to get these games sorted out, or you will likely be removed from the league.

It's not looking good.

Does anyone know either of these guys that could find out what's happening?

Does this mean no relegations?! Off the hook Bleeders... ;)

hey zappster canyou be on tonight about 10 30 or 10 ish im trying to sort out my cup matches for around that time so i can play you aswell ,had no reply yet so i will be around for about an hour at just before 10 if your about cheers

Fiorentina 3 - 1 Bolton

Bolton 2 - 3 Fiorentina

Too close games where my finishing was a bit rusty by missing a few one-on-ones etc... but overall pretty enjoyable. Some nice finishing from all of of my midfielders and strikers completed the scoring and at times I was really on the backfoot! I felt you were unlucky with the second game mate when Murgu scored right in the 88min, you probably deserved a point from that game.

Cheers for the games mate

We'll make sure that everything is sorted out this week so we have a clear run-in for the final fixtures.

The admin team have decided that Dinobot, Jazzy and Railton are to be removed from the league.

Dinobot quit. Jazzy and Railton have gone AWOL and not responded to repeated attempts to get a response.

Both Jazzy and Railton had played less than 10 games, so were removed by default. The vote for Dinobot's results being removed was tied and the LO made the decision to remove them.

It sucks having so many disruptions this late in the day and I apologise that this has been dragged on so long. I'm not sure exactly why it's been held up, but there you go.

In other news, 12 of my 18 points have been wiped out. Yay!

Bayer Levekusen 1 - 2 Fiorentina

Fiorentina 0 - 0 Bayer Levekusen

Two tightly fought games where I nabbed two pretty quick goals in the first game. The Germans managed to compose themselves thereafter and defended very well for the remainer of the game and the next. In second game we both had a few chances but ultimately a draw was fair I think. Cheers for the games mate and good chatting to you

Also on a sidenote:

:omg: I won my first league :)! Although it was a shame not to play the whole of the fixtures. Cheers for the games everyone, I really enjoyed the two seasons in League One. But I reckon I might be back here soon though :D

Congratulations!!

Good games mate, well deserved win in the first and the second was on a knife edge :)

I played trev last night too with a win apiece.

Enjoyable last couple of games. Roll on FIFA 12!

(how much is FIFA 11 selling for these days then ;) )

SaintM 1 - 2 TeeRod

TeeRod 2 - 1 SaintM

Two close games that could have gone either way. Unfortunately for me, my finishing remains woeful, so I never took advantage of the few chances I carved out. It took until the 90th minute of the second game for de Melo to finally get a header on target to make the scoreline a bit more palatable.

SaintM 2 - 2 Zappo

Zappo 1 - 3 SaintM

The first game was crazily close. The stats screen showed we had the same number of shots, shots on target, possession and only 1% difference in passing accuracy.

As is my experience with FIFA11, I could not cope with crosses as defenders just don't bother to defend.

I hope for the sake of Arsenal fans that Gervinho has worked on his finishing a bit. He missed 2 or 3 absolute sitters.

The second game was a story of two red cards, one actual and one that should have been.

The actual one was in the first half for a clumsy challenge after a bouncing ball. A bit harsh, but understandable.

The one that should have been was in the second half when the keeper totally took out Gervinho when he darted past him. A nailed on red card I thought, but the ref didn't even show him a yellow.

And thus my season is over, it's been enjoyable by in large, despite the one or two planks who went AWOL and made it a bit of a farce. Still, at least it didn't need to go to the pools panel.

Bye bye FIFA11 single player. You were better than FIFA10, but still clearly need some work. Less emphasis on crappy defending crosses and totally insane interpretation of my passing attempts next time please.