rllmuk
Nick R

Black Mirror

19 minutes ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

I have just strated watching Black Mirror after years of not bothering (which is daft as i love Brooker)

Only watched 2 so far. The one with the death of the boyfriend and he becomes an android essentially and the one with The ratings out of 5 for population.

Both were great but what others would you recommend? Seen some lists online but theres seems to be no general consensus for the top 10. 

San Junipero, White Christmas and Shut Up and Dance are three of my favourites. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

San Junipero, White Christmas and Shut Up and Dance are three of my favourites. 

Im seeing San Junipero being mentioned the most online.

I want to see a really dark disturbing one that make me uncomfortable. :)

Man, that's darker than any episode.

White Bear, White Christmas and Shut Up and Dance are all pretty dark and very enjoyable with it. Metalhead is bleak, and also short at only 40 minutes, so you can squeeze that one in.

17 hours ago, Stopharage said:

White Bear is sub-30min I think, worrying plausible, with a view twists along the way.   And very dark. Added bonus of Michael Smiley. 

Don't think it is less than 30 minutes, it was on Channel 4 originally so would have filled an hour slot with adverts. I'll have to check next time i'm on Netflix. Mr Whitelaw's time is precious you know ;)

I've never watched black mirror before. The Rllmuk hive mind have a hard on for Charlie Brooker and as my girlfriend has Netflix, we gave the latest series a spin. The first one about the virtual video game was funny. Was it meant to be? The second one Smithereens was actually quite good. Is Charlie Brooker going to be like Stuart Lee, where I don't quite see what the hook is?

FWIW, I didn't rate any of the new three highly at all. My ratings are:

Low tier: 

Men Against Fire

Rachel, Jack and Ashley too 

Arkangel

The Waldo Moment

The National Anthem

Striking Vipers 

Mid / good tier:

White Bear

Be Right Back

Nosedive

Playtest

Shut up and Dance

Hated in the Nation

USS Callista

Crocodile

Hang the DJ

Metalhead

Black Museum

Smithereens 

God tier:

Fifteen Million Merits

The Entire History of You

White Christmas

San Junipero 

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

21 hours ago, nightwaxon said:

I've never watched black mirror before. The Rllmuk hive mind have a hard on for Charlie Brooker and as my girlfriend has Netflix, we gave the latest series a spin. The first one about the virtual video game was funny. Was it meant to be? The second one Smithereens was actually quite good. Is Charlie Brooker going to be like Stuart Lee, where I don't quite see what the hook is?

I think most, if not all episodes have intentionally comedic moments. Brooker has explained that most episodes just come from funny little ideas he's had, often about technology. So whilst not presented as a comedy the episodes often are, part of the comedy also comes from the seriousness in which characters react during more obscure moments.