rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Nick R

Black Mirror

26 minutes ago, Janson said:

Charlie Brooker has created a San Junipero playlist on Spotify - features all of the songs from the episodes as well as ones that inspired the story. I can't listen to 'Heaven is a Place on Earth' now without thinking of the server scene. Absolutely perfect for the episode.

It came on in the caff I was in earlier - I just stare into me coffee and hope my face wasn't doing anything too silly.

On 2/19/2013 at 22:42, ZOK said:

Maybe they should do a Black Mirror about that.

:D - see Nosedive!

Finally got round to watching (all of) Black Mirror last month.  Loved it.  It was the fact that every episode left me feeling slightly uneasy about what I had just saw.   Given the whole Trump / post-truth / alternative-facts era we are in now, the programme makes for even more uncomfortable viewing.

In random news, well perhaps not that random for a game based forum, the devs behind ‘Max Payne’ and ‘Quantum Break’ have left and formed new VR house, ‘3rd Eye Studios’

3rd Eye Studios are deep in development on the first instalment in their new VR anthology which Koivistoinen says will draw inspiration from the likes of The Twighlight Zone and, more recently, Black Mirror.

Not much to go on in the press snippet http://www.roadtovr.com/remedy-entertainment-devs-behind-max-payne-and-alan-wake-form-new-vr-house-3rd-eye-studios/ but I'll be keeping an eye open to see what comes out.  Would be interested to see an interpretation of a Black Mirror influenced universe.

I started watching Black Mirror Last week. I have watched season 1 and episode 1 of season 2. Really enjoying it so far, i do find some of the episodes have dragged slightly but generally they have all been very good.

Just finished the last episode. Other than Playtest (although the ending was good), the quality was very high throughout. I think it's testament to the series that there are different favourites and duff episodes on here, showing the personal characteristics of each viewer rather than any criticism of the episodes themselves.

• Upvote 1

I've started to get back into watching this. I watched White Bear last week which was pretty good and The waldo moment, which wasn't too bad. I then nearly watched white christmas but i skipped straight to the playtest episode as i had been told it was a good one (and it was) although the end was weak.

They're filming more of these right now, I know someone who is appearing as an extra in a water park scene.

The more you know, etc...

I watched the first two of season 3 last night, nosedive and playtest.  Nosedive didnt get dark enough for me, felt we didnt get the payoff we were waiting for.

I quite enjoyed playtest for the gaming nature of it.  What was the twist though?  Was it that...

Spoiler

his mothers calls which he had been ignoring, were eventually the cause of his death?

I was struggling to stay awake towards the end so feel I have missed something.

On 6/19/2017 at 06:25, Majora said:

They're filming more of these right now, I know someone who is appearing as an extra in a water park scene.

One of the new episodes is directed by Jodie Foster.

Watched San junipero last night, can only echo what was already said, absolutely fantastic! I was proper scratching my head at one point mind you trying to figure out what the hell was going on. Would have even liked that one stretched out to a movie length.

So, I have watched another few this week - nose dive, shut up and dance and san junipero.

All pretty good episodes. Nose dive - enjoyed it but it was one of the only episodes that I found pretty predictable as to what was going to happen. Still, it definatly echos todays social media.

Shut up and dance... what a twist! I thought there must be more to the story and there was. Again, decent.

San Junipero - i must admit for the first 20 minutes or so, i was confused. It didn't seem like a Black Mirror episode but i knew that had to be something more to it - which there was. I am susprised this was never a film to be honest - but running at over an hour, it definitely felt like it. Great episode, again i enjoyed the twist but as I said that first 20 minutes was a bit confusing and i was losing attention slightly..

Must really go back and watch white xmas before continuing really with season 3.

Been eagerly waiting for this new season to drop and all that we've heard is 2017, nothing concrete.

But the other day I was at the BFI for a special screening of The Silence of the Lambs, which had a Q&A afterwards with Jodie Foster.  The conversation got onto her directing and she has been recently moving into TV shows to direct and was asked about when we can see her Black Mirror directed episode (Arkangel), she stated it will be released in December. So at least we know its not this month :)

TL;DR Looks like the new season will drop in December.

• Upvote 4

On 25 November 2017 at 19:21, JohnC said:

Still no date tho'

Looking forward to this but I just this series isn't as eye-rollingly corny as the last one

SPOILERS BELOW FOR S1E1/S3

The only episode I thought was truly something was the first ever one, with the Prime Minister having to fuck a pig live on air, and what lead up to it. I think the series has kinda 'declined' since then because the episodes are overly preachy and the messages the episodes are trying to convey take over the characters and plot lines too much, and the whole thing ends up feeling cheesy and forced.

The ideas are interesting, but the plots are very predictable and the characters are poorly written. They're written like the people in the sugaRAPE offices in Nathan Barley - dumb and unrealistic

Screen-Shot-2013-02-16-at-1.26.29-PM.png

Yes we love tech, yes it's taking over our lives - and now heres the very worst possible scenario "we didnt see" as a result of our tech-focused lives.

That said, I really like some of the episodes - the ones that border on "this is basically what life is right now" buut with the little extra zing of weirdness. The VR inside a VR episode was a good concept but so stupidly written. The dude dies cause he had his phone on him? Uh huh, as if the safety people wouldn't check that.

• Upvote 2

Episodes have been made available for press to watch, so I guess it's possible some arsehole has leaked it.

Black Mirror this year and Cunk on Britain early next, at least. The statement about being behind on scripts and development suggests new stuff in the future rather than those, though, unless Cunk is behind. Stuff we haven't heard about. I guess Netflix are up for another series of Black Mirror anyway so those scripts would need to be ready before too long if they want it by the end of 2018.

Netflix announced this in a timeframe that would suggest it was going to follow the  season 3 schedule, but then they gave that slot to Stranger Things and it’s been suggested it’s coming in December? I’m finding the continuing promo without any sort of date a bit annoying tbh.

December 29th for Season 4. Reviews seem to be indicating a more consistent season than 3 which would be nice since I found half of season 3 disposable.