[PC/XBLA/PSN] Gotham City Impostors - going F2P ?

mr_woo

Since I'm the creator of this I thought I should get my lazy arse in gear and actually stick in as much uptodate information as possible about the game.

https://www.gothamcityimpostors.com/

http://www.youtube.c...amcityimpostors

Get Ready, Gotham...

Hatched from the twisted minds at Monolith Productions,

Gotham City Impostors is a download-only multiplayer FPS

that pits violent vigilantes dressed up like Batman against

craven criminals dressed up like the Joker in open warfare on

the streets of Gotham City.

Why fight crime when you can kill it.

Gotham City has gone insane! Batman is up to his pointy ears in unwanted "helpers" determined to dish out their own bloodthirsty brand of vigilante justice in his name (and image). Meanwhile, a small army of self-appointed junior Jokerz has turned the streets of Gotham into a barmy battlefield of bullets, bodies, and bear traps.

More customization than you can shake a shotgun at

Packing more customization than you can shake a shotgun at, you get to choose the guns, gadgets and even the hairdos that fit your personality and play style. It doesn't matter if you want to be a mighty muscleman on roller skates with a hunting bow or a lithe lassie packing a homebrew rocket launcher and glider wings, Gotham City Impostors does not have rigid character classes and lets you play the way you want.

1000 levels of player advancement overflowing with upgrades and unlocks

A robust level up system lets you unlock all the items required to make your impostor as crazy as you desire. Whether you prefer to develop your impostor by proving your prowess in solo challenges designed to test your skills and reflexes or by battling your way to the top of the scoreboard in several delightfully over-the-top multiplayer modes, there's a surefire way for you to realize your preposterous potential!

Available on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360

Gotham City Impostors will be available for download on the PC, PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE on January 10, 2012. So get that trigger finger nice and itchy, smear on some clown makeup or don your homemade cowl, because it's time to take Gotham!

Keep your eyes on our Facebook, Twitter and official blog for the latest updates!

Beta footage:

http://www.dailymoti...viCqzf4xpH2rVgx

http://youtu.be/SxKHV8ZpdVk

http://youtu.be/mO-WdWAKius

This was posted in the E3 thread a few hours ago, we were waiting for you to notice and go apeshit and explode with pure EXCITE :lol:

Looking forward to the reveal, hopefully it will a further refinement of their trademark immersive and atmospheric approach to first-person gaming :)

This was posted in the E3 thread a few hours ago, we were waiting for you to notice and go apeshit and explode with pure EXCITE :lol:

Looking forward to the reveal, hopefully it will a further refinement of their trademark immersive and atmospheric approach to first-person gaming :)

I actually hope it's more on the lighter side. Monolith have been so steeped in horror/atmosphere for a long time I think many folk have forgotten just how funny they are. I always loved their barbarians Arnie voiceover in Get Medievil!

Horror Prediction: Hey guys we wanted to make a new Shogo or a new No One Lives Forever, or possibly something even crazier. Then Warner Bros told us "We want something like those there Call of Duty games" so today we present to you Badge of Valour: Middle East Assault.

Horror Prediction: Hey guys we wanted to make a new Shogo or a new No One Lives Forever, or possibly something even crazier. Then Warner Bros told us "We want something like those there Call of Duty games" so today we present to you Badge of Valour: Middle East Assault.

Regardless of what they're working on (and I hope it's not a pure COD style game, they are better than that) it will show these other young wannabe whippersnappers what it takes to make shooting mother fuckers fun ArmsCrossed.gif I just hope Warner Bros. are giving them some breathing space.

So that's why you're called mr_woo.

Do Activision own the NOLF license these days? Not that it would stop Monolith from going down the Project Origin route, I suppose.

I believe it's a mixture of rights held between different companies. It'll be a spiritual successor regardless anyway if that's the type of game they wanted to make. It's apparently considered a dead brand. The fans love it but it didn't sell the numbers needed. As an aside my nickname literally comes from watching John Woos films on Bravo years ago as a late night studying teenager :D

The parodies can not be halted. :lol:

I hope it's condemned 3, and they make it even more loony and batshit than the last one. if i remember correctly the main guy could shout at people til their heads exploded, so more of that please.

Whilst I adore Condemned 2 and love it for the same reason that you obviously do (and for the best first person melee system I've ever played) it's not Condemned 3, it's something entirely new. Basically, it didn't sell. We loved it but not many other people did and so it'll never happen basically (according to an ex Monolith dev on GAF)

I'm excited to see Monolith working on something entirely new. Especially if it lets them mix the things they've learned from other games into one.

Whilst I adore Condemned 2 and love it for the same reason that you obviously do (and for the best first person melee system I've ever played) it's not Condemned 3, it's something entirely new. Basically, it didn't sell. We loved it but not many other people did and so it'll never happen basically (according to an ex Monolith dev on GAF)

I'm excited to see Monolith working on something entirely new. Especially if it lets them mix the things they've learned from other games into one.

yes. if a new riddick game is ever made i want it to have the same fighting as condemned 2.

I actually hope it's more on the lighter side. Monolith have been so steeped in horror/atmosphere for a long time I think many folk have forgotten just how funny they are. I always loved their barbarians Arnie voiceover in Get Medievil!

Was this a Gamesmaster challenge back in the day?

What the Christ! :wacko:

mXjkQ.jpg

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110516005492/en/Warner-Bros.-Interactive-Entertainment-Announces-Gotham-City

First game from core team behind F.E.A.R., which is also the core team from NOLF.

It's a 4v4 multiplayer shooter set in the Batman universe.

You don't play as Batman or Joker. Instead you play as a highly customizable "imposter" on Team Bats or Team Jokers. From there, you'll be adjusting your loadouts, your character, and your costume across a series of gametypes and maps.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Announces Gotham City Impostors

Critically Acclaimed Monolith Productions Shatters First-Person Shooter Model with Over-the-Top Gameplay Where Players Become Personalized Versions of The Bats and The Jokerz

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Gotham City Impostors, an original download-only first-person shooter where players battle for control of an unhinged Gotham City overrun by impostors inspired by the DC Comics characters Batman and The Joker. Developed by Monolith Productions, the game will be available in the Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Windows PC and PlayStation®Network.

“Gotham City Impostors blows apart expectations for superhero games with an exaggerated take on first person shooters, set in a part of the DC Universe players have never seen before,” said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Production and Development, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “Monolith is creating a game that turns Gotham City upside down and we think fans are going to have a blast with this creative twist on multiplayer heroism and anti-heroism as they play up the classic rivalry between Batman and The Joker.”

Gotham City Impostors is a multiplayer game unlike any other, giving players the opportunity to rebel against conformity as they customize their own characters. Posing as amateur vigilantes or villains, gamers will create their very own Bats and Jokerz characters using unprecedented customization options including insane costumes, homebrewed gadgets and a wide range of traditional and imagined weapons.

The game will feature maps and modes inspired by DC Comics’ Batman license. Fans can visit www.GothamCityImpostors.com for more information and to sign up to receive updates regarding the game.

Ugh. I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up by thinking/praying it might be a No One Lives Forever or Condemned inspired title. :(

On topic, it doesn't sound too good (first person beat 'em ups rarely are, apart from the amaze Breakdown on the Xbox..oh, what a game. :wub:), but the talent behind it means it's definitely worth keeping an eye on.

I have faith in Monolith to produce a great game but this isn't what I wanted, at all :(

Also, 2 years on a downloadable title ? Why do I get the feeling something else is cooking..... Still a Batman FPS, at least that sounds very different and even unique.

EDIT - According to an ex Monolith developer it's a small team working on this, surely they've got to have something else cooking then.