GC Zelda Bonus Disk £9.95 from COMET

I received a letter through the post today from Comet saying they will be sending me my copy of Zelda tomorrow.

Now, I'm no businessman, but instead of wasting time and money sending me a letter to tell me they will be delivering the game tomorrow, how about they just send the game today instead of the letter? And I gave them my e-mail address, which would have been a much easier way of informing me.

It's crazy, but it kinda makes sense to me. Not that I'm in a rush for the game, I also received Mario and Luigi through the post today <_<

Ooh, mine turned up today. Nice one Comet, no need to worry about getting those reminaining 1000 stars now <_<

Only slight niggle on the collection disc, is that the Ocarina save from the WW disc is completely different and thus doesn't work. Very strange they did this, oh well.

I received a letter through the post today from Comet saying they will be sending me my copy of Zelda tomorrow.

Now, I'm no businessman, but instead of wasting time and money sending me a letter to tell me they will be delivering the game tomorrow, how about they just send the game today instead of the letter? And I gave them my e-mail address, which would have been a much easier way of informing me.

It's crazy, but it kinda makes sense to me. Not that I'm in a rush for the game, I also received Mario and Luigi through the post today :lol:

Got a letter today too...

First thoughts before opening it were "ah fuck... they're gonna tell me they've sold out of them or something"

... but it was just an invoice <_< phew!

Exile

sorry but there'l be no sackings for the GAME staff giving the disc away, that kinda stuff IS stock but is very very loosely audited. any unsold ones would sit in the stock room or be given away or whatever anyway, its happened to countless other 'offer' items. just go in the stock room of any GAME and theyrel be n64 steering wheels piled high, n64 games, psx games, dreamcast pads, bloody allsorts. no body cares.

It's crazy, but it kinda makes sense to me. Not that I'm in a rush for the game, I also received Mario and Luigi through the post today  :lol:

Got a letter today too...

First thoughts before opening it were "ah fuck... they're gonna tell me they've sold out of them or something"

... but it was just an invoice <_< phew!

Exile

the biggest DITTO ever :D

sorry but there'l be no sackings for the GAME staff giving the disc away, that kinda stuff IS stock but is very very loosely audited. any unsold ones would sit in the stock room or be given away or whatever anyway, its happened to countless other 'offer' items. just go in the stock room of any GAME and theyrel be n64 steering wheels piled high, n64 games, psx games, dreamcast pads, bloody allsorts. no body cares.

Are you teasing us <_<

haha yeah sorry, i got bloody loads when i was there. nothing like a journo and his massive amounts of freebies but a hell of a lot more than joe game-buyer. leme think, i got free mags on the day of release, the pal psx MGS box-set, about 15-20 promo ps2 games, 5 dc vmus, about 30 2nd hand mint cond games for a pound or 2 each (including pro evo 2, parappa 2, project zero), a psone for a couple of quid, pick of the trade in dvds for a quid each inc simpsons boxsets, the usual keyrings and junk.

still got some game xbox pod keys if anyone wants to steal a game from one <_<

oh and the jobs shite dont EVER bother with it.

Right, my copy was supposed to be delivered sometime today, the house was left empty for about half and hour all day and it still isn't here. Does anyone know what the deal is with non delivery... Would they have put a card through the door saying they came but no-one was here (it's a parcelforce delivery), and was anyone else's due to arrive today and didn't.

I'm worried now...

Right, my copy was supposed to be delivered sometime today, the house was left empty for about half and hour all day and it still isn't here. Does anyone know what the deal is with non delivery... Would they have put a card through the door saying they came but no-one was here (it's a parcelforce delivery), and was anyone else's due to arrive today and didn't.

I'm worried now...

I had a slip posted through my door today from parcel force (as I wasn't in) and they said I can either collect it from their depot (about 35 miles away) or I can arrange for it to be delivered to a local post office for 50p

I wish they'd just put it through my letter box or at least leave it with a neighbour... :P

Oh and I couldn't get through on their phone number to arrange anything, and you can't get it sent to a post office using their website

:huh: oh well...

Exile

It's still selling for over £20 on eBay, and that's before P+P. It makes me feel all warm inside to watch people paying more than me :)

This eBayer disappoints me. He (or she) has obviously picked up a batch of copies on the cheap and is now asking unreasonable prices for a copy. It's to be expected, s'pose. Bit of a cunt all the same, though.

I looked at his feedback.

He's sold at least 30 so far... the majority were sold for no less than 40 quid :o

Nintendo could have made so much cash!

just tried comet website and their 'phone service. most stores haven't got any and the girls computer says its £50.00 exactly!

margate have a few if anybody lives there.

Yep, £50 that's the info I got aswell.

Bugger, bugger, bugger. Why couldn't I have saw this thread sooner. :)

This eBayer disappoints me. He (or she) has obviously picked up a batch of copies on the cheap and is now asking unreasonable prices for a copy. It's to be expected, s'pose. Bit of a cunt all the same, though.

I bet he bought every single one the Comet warehouse had. Cheeky sod.

When i first saw this topic i went to Comet's web site and put in a quantity of 15 and nearly paid for them. That was in mind to using 2 as a competition prize and the rest to flog on to those here who couldn't get it (at the same price).

Wish i had now :)

anyone know where i can pick up a couple of official boxed new N64 controllers from fairly cheap?

many years of goldeneye have ground mine down to an unplayable state. bugger

edit: forgot to add! yeah ive got a copy of this bonus disk heading my way at christmas. cant wait!

anyone know where i can pick up a couple of official boxed new N64 controllers from fairly cheap?

These are soon going to become extremely sought after, in my opinion. I've been meaning to keep my eyes open for a couple of brand new ones (i.e. not just boxed but unused), because there are going to be a lot of people looking out for them.

I'm worried now...

I had a slip posted through my door today from parcel force (as I wasn't in) and they said I can either collect it from their depot (about 35 miles away) or I can arrange for it to be delivered to a local post office for 50p

I wish they'd just put it through my letter box or at least leave it with a neighbour... :blink:

Oh and I couldn't get through on their phone number to arrange anything, and you can't get it sent to a post office using their website

;) oh well...

Exile

Got it today - delivered in a thin plastic package, so the case is a bit damaged but it is still sealed.

Still resent having to pay anything for the disc BTW :angry:

Exile

They're on sale in an indie store in Newcastle for £14.99. Seems a reasonable price all things considered. I'm still amazed that they can get away with it though as it has "not for resale" stamped all over the box.

Silly Nintendo, this could have been a lovely budget release for them.