rllmuk
The Sarge

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Nintendo Switch Release April 23

I wasn't interested in this game until I watched this preview. Consider me interested. I have The Witcher 2 coming soon though, so I may not be going at this on day 1, but I think I'll be getting it afterwards for sure. I'm hoping it's as tense as Dark / Demon's Souls.

Yeah, I didn't really know what kind of RPG this would be before watching that, but now I can't wait. It looks pretty amazing. Like the Souls games and Elder Scrolls rolled into one!

Plus, when he jumps onto the dragon as it flies away in the latest video gives me kind of a SotC vibe as well. It looks like Capcom really nailed what epic battles against huge monsters should be like.

Can see my only issue with this being its release date.. hitting just after Diablo 3 and Max Payne 3 isnt the best!

That week off work is looking more and more tempting.

Looks great.

All this "frame rate!!" and other BLAHs can't hide the fact that this looks awesome. Consider how far games have come. We're spoilt. :)

Ah this has flourished. Re-reading the first page of the thread gave me some hearty lols.

And out sosoon? Fannytastic. :wub: looks like the game I wanted Skyrim and Dark Souls to be! :D

There's some serious depth to the combat. Launchers, juggles, dashes, set-ups, grabs. Try that shit in your average WRPG. Yeah, Japan is still relevant.

azri4i.gif

• Upvote 1

haha, I admit, I was one of the negative ones. The early gameplay vids did make this look clunky and choppy as though. I'm stoked that it's taken a turn for the awesome now - the latest vids look fucking epic. Can't wait.

Just wish it was coming to PC *runs*

Oh man, after the flatness and lifeless battles of Skyrim this is on another level altogether...

And Witcher 2 EE is a few days aways... I think Diablo 3 will have to wait...

The one thing I hope about Dogma is that it won't be just a dungeon crawler-monster slaying only game. I tend to get bored really quickly if there isn't a story or characters...

• Upvote 1

I can't wait for this, I just wish it had been multi player, would have been mind blowing

This is the killer for me, if it had multi I would've been interested as let's face it, questing with bros is fun as shit...

Haha wait a fucking second...

Translation:

Q. We've seen a morality system in the game. How deep is it?

A. Morality is not that important while playing the game. However, if you're nice to villagers they might give you missions they wouldn't give otherwise. They're simple missions but they expand and enrich the game experience.

Q. How important is the story?

A. The story is very important. Discovering why everything happened with the dragon and main character is a key element of the game. It's not just about fighting, the story is fundamental.

Q. How big is Dragon's Dogma?

A. Besides the big castle we've seen, there are two small villages. In addition, there are three other "populated zones" like the aforementioned castle.

Q. How long has development taken and how many people are in the team for DD?

A. We started development three years ago. Between Capcom people and outside people the team is around 300 strong.

Q. How did Capcom make the decision to work on such an ambitious game?

A. Capcom is one of the world's foremost action game developers, and this is a first-rate action game. I don't think it's anything out of the ordinary.

Q. Do you think JRPGs are westernizing? Is there still a market for a traditional JRPG?

A. I don't know if JRPGs are westernizing, but it's true that JRPGs used to be made with Japanese audiences in mind and today we account for a global audience. I think that, along with outside influences, has caused JRPGs to evolve.

Q. What does DD add to the RPG genre?

A. Currently, there is a lot of competition in the RPG market. Companies want to make the best title, and that is good for the genre. DD has the Pawn system and has borrowed elements from action games that make it very different from the rest.

Q. What do you think about the PS Vita? Will we ever see something like DD on it?

A. I think the PS Vita is a machine with a lot of potential and capable of supporting very high quality games. Vita games like DD will surely appear.

Q. Do you plan on expanding the world with DLC?

A. Yes, we already have it planned. We will release one DLC per week. DLCs will include equipment, cosmetic accesories and even quests. Our plan is to release over three months.

So much DLC. One per week including quests? JUST PUT THE CONTENT IN THE FUCKING GAME!

So much DLC. One per week including quests? JUST PUT THE CONTENT IN THE FUCKING GAME!

It was what Level-5 did for Prof Layton, stick it on the cart and unlock it slowly, but people should be fully aware of why they would do it this way by now. Don't want it, trade it in, want the extra content, keep the game and get the DLC. Dripping it out in a weekly manner is designed to keep you on the hook and interested I suppose, DQ IX had a similar thing, and that was a DS game.