rllmuk
Moz

Valve - Hell freezes over - Valve announce Half Life: Alyx VR

Has anybody heard from VN1X? I'm worried he may have died from this news. I hope he's okay.

Any supposed leak that has a "hl3" named text file as a source doesn't even as much as raise an eyebrow from me these days. Not even when it's found somewhere in Valve's own games.

Nothing to see here, sadly.

I reckon it's a custom game for Dota 2. Would be a great "Valve joke" if they started off an arg with that.

Lol, that file contains mentions to DX7. I imagine it's some old garbage file that's got merged into the dota update.

Lol, that file contains mentions to DX7. I imagine it's some old garbage file that's got merged into the dota update.

Why wouldn't it mention DX7? The original source has cross-combined rendering with the new source so it has to be dx7 compatible for testing original source maps on the new source 2 engine at a higher direct-x level.

Well it was probably placed there on purpose more than likely.

They've done leaks like this in the past before releasing new information.

However I don't think that Valve's offices are even open on weekends so news about it probably wouldn't have occured this weekend anyway.

Why would code from one game end up in another game anyway?

Because trolling. It's a text file, it's not even a proper engine file.

There's a video from 2014 of a guy from Valve talking about the benefit of leaks...

At about 27 mins.

The image he's chosen to use details a Dota 2 hero called Terrorblade.

What's Terrorblade's HeroID (as seen in the screenshot?) 109.

As in 109% in the Steam sale, as in 10/9 day of the leak.

half-life-3-beard.gif

• Upvote 1

If this is really it (and it is) then they've truly waited until nobody would believe it anymore. So that we can be even more amazed when it inevitably turns out that this is really it. Something really big starts with something as small and insignificant as a text file. Ingenious.

Btw that is the best gif.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone had their hardware ship yet? Mine has been "shipped" for a month but hasn't arrived at the courier yet. I'm expecting it on Friday.

Has anyone had their hardware ship yet? Mine has been "shipped" for a month but hasn't arrived at the courier yet. I'm expecting it on Friday.

Mine hasn't either :omg:

let us know if it includes a surprise Steam key for a 'mystery game'

I already got Rocket League and Portal 2 for ordering :)

The surprise game will come with the VR headset.

Which incidentally will be shown off on October 20th at the HTC event.

And please god with an actual release date. They said this year didn't they but are surely leaving it a bit late? Or are they staggering the release now which I've heard mention of but not officially? Vive not HL3 obviously. ;)

Yep they said this year. Not sure my wallet can take it to be honest.

• Upvote 1

I have to have it asap so price/wallet be damned! Also can't see anywhere to pre-order the new gear vr as fancy a go on that at Xmas as well.

Has anyone here got their Steam controller order with Game? Have you had any contact from them about payment and delivery yet?

If you got an early bird order, they should be due on Friday - but I've heard nothing yet.

If you got an early bird order, they should be due on Friday - but I've heard nothing yet.

Yeah that's my worry, I got that, but nothing on the order states it and CS are not able to confirm.

I sent Gabe Newell an e-mail a couple of days ago asking him not to respond to it if half-life 3 was going to be announced in 2015.

He hasn't responsed so far... so yay, pointless optimism is still optimism.

I sent Gabe Newell an e-mail a couple of days ago asking him not to respond to it if half-life 3 was going to be announced in 2015.

He hasn't responsed so far... so yay, pointless optimism is still optimism.

like dis if u cry evertim

I already got Rocket League and Portal 2 for ordering :)

The surprise game will come with the VR headset.

Which incidentally will be shown off on October 20th at the HTC event.

Yeah i've seen Rocket league appear in my games list and can't remember ordering it! :facepalm:

My order info says it will be shipped on the 16th Oct

So are we saying this is it? That it's actually happening this time, unlike the 300 other other times?