IGNORED

The Valve Thread

Moz

Theyve built it up too much, it cant ever meet expectations now. All I wanted was some story closure. They should have saved the super new tech increase for Half Life 3, and given is episode 3. I refuse to invest too heavily in a game sci fi universe now, because you never ever get proper closure. See Mass Effect, Bulletstorm, Halo, etc etc.

We're not really surprised though, are we? It's beyond parody now, if HL3 ever gets announced Valve will just come out with it, but I still honestly doubt we'll ever see it. Given the way that Valve has revealed it works it seems like people want to work on new things rather than finish old stuff, especially seeing as they're doing different things with Steam (non-game apps and community and whatnot).

Course, I'd love to be proved wrong.

What's particularly galling is that, if this is in tradition of all the other Half-Life games, it'll probably only take about ten or twelve hours to complete. All that time waiting for that short of a play-through. And, sure, it'll be brilliant, and, sure, we'll all replay it again and again, but is the investment really going to be worth it, no matter what accolades it receives? Unless they have something drastically - drastically - innovative that's delayed it so long it's not going to sell any better today than it would have five years ago, I'm sure. And that can't be multiplayer, as they've already got TF2 as CS:GO in there, and nobody here really wants HL3 for that, do they?

It seems to me that conventions, conferences, magazines, online news site etc are totally taking advantage of this whole HL3 business. Any altruistic motives Valve had or has, have long since been hijacked by others simply to promote their own agendas and garner interest. And tbh, Valve only have themselves to blame now.

But you could argue that it's exactly Valves fault because of that. I agree with you, personally, but their stubborn refusal to even talk about it isn't helping anything.

I also think, contrary to my thinking we'll never see it, if we do see it Lanky Sanchez is on the money.

I think the whole thing is really funny to be honest. I don't care how long the game takes, I can't wait to see what it looks like and find out what happened behind the scenes, but I can wait. I love the mania which surrounds every event, the trolling, the T Shirts... I expect some people get really wound up but I find it fun and funny in equal measure.

I hoping it's a multiplayer game with a dynamic storyline. One person plays as freeman. All other players are rebels.

Makes you wonder what happened to 'The Crossing' at Arkane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crossing_(video_game)

Basically everyone who works at Valve is fat, apart from one girl who is quite hot.

Does this shark thing sound a bit weird to anyone else?

I can't believe Gabe's going swimming with sharks. That just sounds weird.

Basically everyone who works at Valve is fat, apart from one girl who is quite hot.

Does this shark thing sound a bit weird to anyone else?

I can't believe Gabe's going swimming with sharks. That just sounds weird.

Don't get me wrong, I won't be complaining when it comes out, or even gets announced. I'm just frustrated, I guess. For the record, I only want a single player Half-Life 3. I don't want deathmatch or co-op or the enemies as actual humans, just plain old Half-Life. I don't mind it as separate thing. Do all you want in addition, Valve, since that's what it seems like you're going to do, as long as that core is there.

Haha what?! :D

Yes! Unfortunately I only saw you as we passed each other, and it took a few moments to register where I knew your face from. By that point you'd covered some distance - so far I've managed to avoid adding 'running after recognised strangers from the internet in the street' to my social repertoire.

Yes! Unfortunately I only saw you as we passed each other, and it took a few moments to register where I knew your face from. By that point you'd covered some distance - so far I've managed to avoid adding 'running after recognised strangers from the internet in the street' to my social repertoire.

You should have said hi :)

Sure it was me? I only have a few pics on here and I'm unusually beardless and hairless at the moment, so I don't look much like those pics. Also 'covered some distance' doesn't sound very much like a slovenly out of work magician. Where were we? (Or is this a giant wind up :lol:)

So the GTTV special did do pretty much what any sane person expected it to do, a F2P PC game, a multiplatform downloadable game and as a bonus, a documentary about the F2P game, mildly better than the line up Epic managed I suppose for their special.