Timmo

Speedruns

The guy with a mask on the second left holding on to his knees for dear life.

It's not that I'm bothered by such people personally (I get a long with everyone just fine), however in a spotlight such as this they put gaming and themselves in a bad light which is a bit of a shame. Err yah, just my two cents.

For me stuff like that shows gaming in a really good light, as a community wherein even the most awkward and unusual characters can find a safe space to make friends, get out of the house a bit and - with a bit of effort - maybe even end up being celebrated for being really, really good at something?

I suppose if it embarrasses you to be associated with people who don't look "cool" then that might pose problems for you personally, but surely it's worth that minor inconvenience for the greater good.

Yeah I suppose that's another way of looking at it and reading back my post I feel like my words were too harsh. In that regard it says more about me than it does about them.

I just wonder some times if there's a causal connection between people becoming the 'typical nerd' because of how invested we are in to these digital worlds.

• Upvote 1

All the runs I want to see appear to be in the early hours of the morning or whilst I'm at work. Great times for British megaman supporters though.

Oooh, except Hitman Blood Money. I'll probably donate during that run.

If I had to only choose one run, it'd be the current one (Yoshi's Island), especially as 'Carl Sagan' is on commentary, this guy is chic nerd and a beast at the game himself

• Upvote 2

I actually didn't know about the quick kill for the piranha boss until watching this. Oh my! :D

EDIT: oh man Trihex snapping and tweeting a selfie during a fixed-speed autopilot section of Yoshi's Island :lol:

• Upvote 1

Oh and fuck me that Luigi Lost Levels playthrough is absolutely sick. Wow. Nintendo are a bunch of sadistic bastards aren't they?

Isn't it? These people are my friends. Can't wait to get the upload of the full Yoshi's Island run, Sagan, Trihex&co are brutally scientific

Thurs morning they're doing a run of Awful Games Done Quick, usually really fun too, they have a few uploaded on their yt channel from the 2013 run

I love the nerdy camaraderie of the whole thing, their raising hundreds of thousands for charity kinda validates nerdism. Apart from the Yoshi's Island one, these are some of my faves from previous runs:

Starring the laughmeister (2nd row, 2nd from the right)

This guy has a few Doom runs, love the depressed fatigue in his eyes from playing it so much he's perfected single-frame glitches

The amount of knowledge they know about the mechanics in this is slightly incredible

• Upvote 1