IGNORED

C64 PC on sale now!

SeanR

Epic fail there. Releasing a PC based on the illustrious gaming heritage of the Commodore 64 and only putting an Atom in it in tandem with the relatively weak ION chipset.

Yes, because c64 emulation works best on water-cooled quad-core SLI rigs... DYS?

Wait, how much are these things?

[edit]

$595, which is £365 apparently.

Umm... bargain?

I've got to admit that if I had a spare £400, I'd consider that just for old-times sake. I'm quite tickled at the thought of using a (not)C64 connected to the TV as a media player. Or to play Rana Rama. Of course, for several hundred quid less you could just buy an old c64, a netbook, some super glue and a saw and make your own.

I've got to admit that if I had a spare £400, I'd consider that just for old-times sake. I'm quite tickled at the thought of using a (not)C64 connected to the TV as a media player. Or to play Rana Rama. Of course, for several hundred quid less you could just buy an old c64, a netbook, some super glue and a saw and make your own.

well, there is that:

http://symlink.dk/projects/c64key/

or

http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/c64/

I know absolutely nothing about computers so excuse my ignorance but should I assume that, given this is selling a lot on gimmick value, the unit as a PC is complete trash?

And there's no getting past the fact that it's (next to) not upgradable.

Hell, even the Amstrad PC200 had some ISA slots on it...

Yes, because c64 emulation works best on water-cooled quad-core SLI rigs... DYS?

Wait, how much are these things?

[edit]

$595, which is £365 apparently.

Umm... bargain?

:lol:

So you're spending the best part of £400 to run C64 games?

Commodore are obviously trying to cash in on the nostalgia value by putting a PC in a Commodore C64 case. Too bad it's a rubbish PC.

Well it at least makes a bit more sense than that "Spectrum relaunch" two months ago (a bluetooth keyboard styled like a Spectrum peripheral, which you could use to play the Spectrum games you'd bought for your iDevice, after connecting said iDevice to your TV. :wacko: ) Then again, it sounds more like an expensive case mod than anything else...