Section 8: Prejudice - 360 April 20 / PC May 5 / PSN Summer

Straps

the Speed-boost, don't really get why you have to sprint for a while before you can hit it, kind of makes it a bit useless as an evasion tool.

I don't think it's supposed to be, though - it's just meant to get you from place-to-place without needing a vehicle.

Figured as much - but it should be... There's a lock on feature and a generous amout of life so I don't see why you can't *try* to boost out of a situation.

Perhaps they think it'd take away from the tactical side of things but I really don't think it would.

*Ressurects thread from PAGE FUCKING THREE*

This is getting better and better the more I play it and I'm really taken aback by how problem-free it is. They deserve a big pat on the back for their big beta test. Literally the only problem I have is a slow server browser.

With Brink, which I've been looking forward to for ages, seemingly having turned out a bit rough, I'm so glad that this is around. I've not felt this stuck into an online shooter since Shadowrun.

What platform are you on? Because the freezes on the 360 are pretty bad. But apart from that it's solidly built.

And we get a new game mode tomorrow (most likely). Rumoured to be a bit like Rush from BC2.

I bought this on Steam last week, but I've still only played through a couple of campaign missions. I keep meaning to find time to go back though as even the campaign is bloody good fun. This came out of nowhere for me too, so its been a rather pleasant surprise. There's a heck of a lot of content in there for £10!

• 3 weeks later...

Update time.

First up title update next week, Weds June 1st to be exact, which sorts out a number of issues. They'll give full patch notes next week

http://forums.timegate.com/showthread.php?t=21626

The Title Update has passed certification and will be available June 1st, 2011. We have been listening to the community, and this update will address a number issues, including the hardlock, auto balance, and other matchmaking issues. Stay tuned for details next week.

We remain committed to providing our community the best post-launch support. Thank you for all of your feedback, patience and continued support!

Next up, they are releasing the Overdrive map pack on June 1st as well. It will contain 2 maps for 320points.

http://warisprejudice.com/news/section-8%C2%AE-prejudice%E2%84%A2-keeps-getting-bigger-with-release-of-overdrive-map-pack/

TimeGate Studios continues its all-out assault on the shooter market by announcing the release of the Overdrive Map Pack for Section 8: Prejudice on June 1, 2011 for PC and Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. With two brand new maps, the Overdrive Map Pack further expands Prejudice’s incredibly rich game experience and demonstrates TimeGate’s commitment to extensive post-launch support of the highly acclaimed $15 shooter. The Overdrive Map Pack will be available on Xbox Live Arcade and Games for Windows Marketplace for 320 Microsoft Points ($3.99).

The Overdrive Map Pack includes two new multiplayer maps, Abaddon and Sky Dock. Amidst the magma craters of Abaddon, protect a power cell facility built on a scalding energy source. Sky Dock is a crucial military base and space port nestled in the frozen tundra. Each map is playable in both multiplayer and offline play for all game modes, which includes Swarm, Conquest, and the recently community-unlocked Assault game mode.

For more information, visit http://warisprejudice.com.

So long as I can tweak my fov, that's all I want :D I love the game but it makes me feel a bit queasy after a while.

It's pretty much the same as the first one to be honest but what makes it a whole lot better is that people are actually playing it :D I would love them to add the maps from the first game, a few of them were brilliant.

They seem pretty dedicated to it so you never know, might get a few of the older maps. In order to change the FOV they need to create a patch for that, so if they are doing a PC one then it might get implemented sometime soon. As far as I know the patch next week is only for 360.

Update time.

First up title update next week, Weds June 1st to be exact, which sorts out a number of issues. They'll give full patch notes next week

http://forums.timegate.com/showthread.php?t=21626

Next up, they are releasing the Overdrive map pack on June 1st as well. It will contain 2 maps for 320points.

http://warisprejudice.com/news/section-8%C2%AE-prejudice%E2%84%A2-keeps-getting-bigger-with-release-of-overdrive-map-pack/

Excellent news. That's a really good price for two new maps, too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just played Prejudice. And my feelings throughout the whole hour I've played online is that of confusion.

I can make this a sad whine post but I will not. Section 8: Prejudice is a budget game and people are happy with it so it must be doing something right. My biggest peeve is that in none of the three maps I have played any objective was clear. One map literally spammed "base taken, base lost, base hacked, base lost, base backed, base taken".

I really want to find the gem that is supposedly hidden somewhere. Is the original game more friendly towards new players?

I have just played Prejudice. And my feelings throughout the whole hour I've played online is that of confusion.

I can make this a sad whine post but I will not. Section 8: Prejudice is a budget game and people are happy with it so it must be doing something right. My biggest peeve is that in none of the three maps I have played any objective was clear. One map literally spammed "base taken, base lost, base hacked, base lost, base backed, base taken".

I really want to find the gem that is supposedly hidden somewhere. Is the original game more friendly towards new players?

My initial experience was very similar to yours; I was utterly bewildered for the first couple of hours. It's now one of my favourite and most played Live Arcade titles. Give it another couple of hours and it'll eventually click, is my advice.

They really do a terrible job of introducing the new player to what they're actually supposed to do. Once you come to understand what the icons mean, what the dynamic combat missions are and figure out what you should be doing, you'll have a lot more fun with this game.