IGNORED

Sony discovers new genre

Cyhwuhx

• 3 years later...

Some of the EyeToy games did. Only as minigames though. I was most impressed with the Sega compilation, actually, particularly the Puyo Puyo game.

That was the only one I liked. But overall I think the Eyetoy was a bit of con. It didn't really do what people thought it did. The last straw for me was that Kintetics exercise thing which was almost good except it kept getting false readings and spoiling my score. And I couldn't find enough space to use it properly.

That was the only one I liked. But overall I think the Eyetoy was a bit of con. It didn't really do what people thought it did. The last straw for me was that Kintetics exercise thing which was almost good except it kept getting false readings and spoiling my score. And I couldn't find enough space to use it properly.

What about the window cleaning one? That was great fun, especially with "non-gamers" (ugh)

Window cleaning was ace fun. Best Eyetoy moment was playing Buzz at a friends and forgetting that the Eyetoy was plugged in, then at the end of the game it said it was going 'live to the living room' or something, and showed us all jumping around the room on the big screen ingame. Total shock!

Sorry everyone, but I think you'll find that it's a typo and is actually meant to say 'Simulation'. The added 't' has caused confusion in this case.

I do believe I worked that out three years ago.

So, moving the thread on, has there been any more announced regarding the PS3's EyeToy?

Best Eyetoy moment was playing Buzz at a friends and forgetting that the Eyetoy was plugged in, then at the end of the game it said it was going 'live to the living room' or something, and showed us all jumping around the room on the big screen ingame. Total shock!

Hehe, that's brilliant ^_^

Eyetoy is done. It was a good gimmick but it has no bearing on videogames.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

And I couldn't find enough space to use it properly.

I hardly think you having a small lounge is a valid argument for Kinetic's success as a game.

The Eyetoy certainly has potential. As soon as I held a handful of Lemmings I was sold. ^_^

A great device, and I think with a 'next gen upgrade' (a better quality image, more precise sensor) it could go far. The Eyetoy in its current form is nothing more than a novelty though... it doesn't have that instant 'wow' factor due to its limitations.

I did a search for Samba de Amigo, and thought JP's post was amusing given the current move towards motion sensing.

I little unfair as I was talking about the crapness of the eyetoy. Which does not work.

You must be pretty fat then.

Yes. But you have to stand really far back from that Kinetic thing. They even give you a special lense for the camera but it doesn't make much difference.