Pilotwings Resort

I think this was a pretty late commission in the grand scheme of things. It was made by Monster Games by the way (Excite Truck etc)

Anybody know what the following means?

Perfect Mission!

You've earned a perfect score on this mission. Next time, you can earn an even higher score!

And a tip

you can hold down the shoot button in plane mode to make aiming easier

I think this was a pretty late commission in the grand scheme of things. It was made by Monster Games by the way (Excite Truck etc)

Anybody know what the following means?

Perfect Mission!

You've earned a perfect score on this mission. Next time, you can earn an even higher score!

And a tip

you can hold down the shoot button in plane mode to make aiming easier

Means you got 3 stars. You can still max out points.

It does tell you that...

I'm already up to Gold and I'm hardly trying. Not much effort to get 3 stars on stuff either :( Going to be trading it in at this rate come Monday. So annoyed with it, looks the business but so underdeveloped with content.

But try getting three RED stars :)

I never did play the N64 version but i'm more than happy with this as a 'true' Pilotwings sequel. There's a lot of secret scoring stuff and midway through the Silver stages (perhaps technically from the halfway mark of the main game) it gets tough. And by tough I mean very difficult to easily get high scores. Maybe it's overfamiliarity with the OG Snes version but not only is there tonnes more content in comparison but it's harder too, overall. Certainly the later plane and rocketbelt levels boast design quality that far outstrips what the OG boasted - and in my mind Snes Pilotwings is a stone cold classic.

Also (and i know this only applies to a very small minority here) I never really played on a Wii and therefore the Island locale is all new to me, and from my point of view it's a brilliantly designed and richly utilised environment.

I reckon the Edge Magazine 6 will be one of those scores that will haunt the magazine (assuming people still care about such things as much as they used to). I've clocked more time on this game than all other applications put together (including SSF2), i'm still on the Gold missions and haven't got any perfects outside of the Novice ones. Something tells me this title won't perhaps be the bargain bin staple many have suggested it was destined to be.

I agree, like you the Snes original is up there with fave games and you realy should get hold of 64 when/if its available on wii/3ds as again its a great game. I esp love the rocket belt and flying it brings back memories of years spent on the snes game as it feels the same unlike many other nintendo follow up games (MK64 im looking at you) while being a comprehensive update.

The only downside as others have mentioned is the lack of pure free flight with no time limit but i suspect it is down to the 3d being a strain on your eyes after a while - they should add a 'i'm over 18 and can make my own decisions regarding my health' option ;)

Brilliant 64 mii's!!!!

I imaging the time limit is there to stop you from collecting all the balloons and info points in one go, which probably wouldn't take all that long really!

Fair enough if that's the case. No reason not to give you unlimited flight time once you had collected them all though.

The girlfriend and I spent a few hours tonight creating Mii versions of the six characters from Pilotwings 64. Interestingly a lot of the facial features had exact matches in the Mii parts list, though things would be even better if we had more control over head shape. Anyway, here they are:

QR codes so you can import them into your DS are at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emsef/sets/72157626242716167/detail/

Goose, Hawk, Kiwi, Lark, Robin, Ibis

5566309014_4cdd85c0e4_m.jpg5565729585_bec593ea72_m.jpg5565729249_f482186817_m.jpg5566308594_ae450e4526_m.jpg5566308876_c6013faf37_m.jpg5565729015_ff502cc412_m.jpg

Pilotwings 64 Japanese box art:

5566337406_ee4947b2e3_z.jpg

good work, thanks for these!

The whole '90 minutes to complete the game' is so missing the point it's unreal. Red starring everything is going to take me forever, I'm already baffled by a couple of hangglider missions.

I still can't help but feel a little gutted about the lack of true parachute missions though, I loved trying to judge landings on the old game. The squirrel suit mission makes it even more difficult to take as it's really good and I could imagine some devious level designs for it, shame you don't get to land it though.

Oh and awesome Miis Matt! :D

The girlfriend and I spent a few hours tonight creating Mii versions of the six characters from Pilotwings 64. Interestingly a lot of the facial features had exact matches in the Mii parts list, though things would be even better if we had more control over head shape. Anyway, here they are:

QR codes so you can import them into your DS are at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emsef/sets/72157626242716167/detail/

Goose, Hawk, Kiwi, Lark, Robin, Ibis

5566309014_4cdd85c0e4_m.jpg5565729585_bec593ea72_m.jpg5565729249_f482186817_m.jpg5566308594_ae450e4526_m.jpg5566308876_c6013faf37_m.jpg5565729015_ff502cc412_m.jpg

Great work!

I finally get to play it tomorrow. Sweet to be able to use the N64 crew now.

I understand the criticism though, loving it but £40 (which is what I actually paid) is way too much. This should have been a budget game. Compare the amount of content of this to something like Super Meat Boy which was also a time attack game with argubly more content and only cost about £12.