IGNORED

Super Mario 3D Land

The Sarge

I got this today. First impressions after playing through a few worlds: PURE FUN. Not particularly difficult, but really enjoyable. And hats off to EAD, because the fixed camera has been absolutely perfect so far. I don't know how they did it. But it's always where I want it to be.

The 3D effect is great.

Finally, a great original game that the 3DS deserves. Hope it's the beginning of many quality 3DS titles.

I want to live in your magical land. :(

Advert is not selling this to non 3DS customers at all. No mention of the 3D effect (and therefore that it is a great addition to the gameplay) and looking like a Wii game without 3d effect in place, its not gonna sell any graphics whores either. Missed opportunity!

It's Mario.

Advert is not selling this to non 3DS customers at all. No mention of the 3D effect (and therefore that it is a great addition to the gameplay) and looking like a Wii game without 3d effect in place, its not gonna sell any graphics whores either. Missed opportunity!

it doesn't need to... and, as we've established, 3D could put people off. Let them discover 3D for themselves.

... and it looks like a Wii game. In your hand! Bonus!

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has launched a campaign against Super Mario 3D Land because they believe the Tanooki Suit endorses animal cruelty. The PETA website states the following:

When on a mission to rescue the princess, Mario has been known to use any means necessary to defeat his enemy — even wearing the skin of a raccoon dog to give him special powers.

Tanooki may be just a “suit” in Mario games, but in real life, tanuki are raccoon dogs who are skinned alive for their fur. By wearing Tanooki, Mario is sending the message that it’s OK to wear fur.

- MyNintendoNews

Avatar was the movie that showed what modern 3D film was capable of (although there's been nothing even close since ). Super Mario 3D Land sounds like the game that will launch 3D gaming properly. It was built and designed around the concept of 3D, much like the aforementioned Avatar.

The 3D in Avatar was excellent. That was obviously my point. :doh:

Haha, I know, sorry; I'm just an arsehole. :)

I'm not entirely convinced with 3D, as impressed as I was to see it on 3DS at first. But yes, if one game is going to convince me and the public that it's worth it, it's this.

Something like Fez or Echochrome would be great as well, for me. Though obviously those were playing with the nature of 2D. I'd like a puzzler based around perspecitve tricks though, like those one-off wee rooms in Mario. 3D on 3DS lends itself better to slower paced stuff; I know I turn it off in Ocarina when things start getting tougher, for example.

Also, I want a 3DS case with a racoon tail. Also also, PETALOL.

:hat:

Unfortunately not. :( Is the battery really that bad? Can i buy a battery pack or something of that description? I don't think my seat has any power charger... I could probably get an hours charge at the stop over in Doha perhaps.

Yes, the battery is that bad. To add to the prior suggestions, you can also improve the amount of time you have to play Super Mario 3D Land on a single charge by completely disabling the 3D.

With that battery pack thing, the one that adds a fair chunk to the 3DS's bulk, my Sunday charge will last me through til the next weekend. I don't ever turn the device or the wireless off, and I keep the highest brightness. I play something at least once a day, but admittedly only for an hour, during breaks, lunch and the bus. I think if you had that it would be fine for a 14 hour flight.

I'm in work though, so I'm not able to fish out the link. It was on ebay though, extended 3DS battery was pretty much the search string that brought it up as a first page result. I'm sure some kind soul can link you directly. If you don't mind the extra bulk (and the fact it'll more than likely not work with the Tumor Stick add-on for Monster Hunter etc) then it's well worth the £12 or so it costs.

:hat:

Unfortunately not. :( Is the battery really that bad? Can i buy a battery pack or something of that description? I don't think my seat has any power charger... I could probably get an hours charge at the stop over in Doha perhaps.

Yeah its pretty poor. I've been in a hotel for the last two days and have played Links Awakening for about 3 hours. The battery is dead.

So that's a GB game, no wifi, no 3D etc

:(

Yeah its pretty poor. I've been in a hotel for the last two days and have played Links Awakening for about 3 hours. The battery is dead.

So that's a GB game, no wifi, no 3D etc

:(

Something up with your battery then! I played LA for at least 5 hours on a single charge, with wifi on, and still left it for a few hours on Streetpass mode before charging it again.

With that battery pack thing, the one that adds a fair chunk to the 3DS's bulk, my Sunday charge will last me through til the next weekend. I don't ever turn the device or the wireless off, and I keep the highest brightness. I play something at least once a day, but admittedly only for an hour, during breaks, lunch and the bus. I think if you had that it would be fine for a 14 hour flight.

I'm in work though, so I'm not able to fish out the link. It was on ebay though, extended 3DS battery was pretty much the search string that brought it up as a first page result. I'm sure some kind soul can link you directly. If you don't mind the extra bulk (and the fact it'll more than likely not work with the Tumor Stick add-on for Monster Hunter etc) then it's well worth the £12 or so it costs.

He speaks truth. The fat battery is excellent, if cumbersome.

I charge my DS every 7-10 days with moderate to heavy usage. Never switch it off.

I'd be lucky to get 2 hours play and two days standby/streetpass with the original battery.