rllmuk
JoeK

The Miniatures Appreciation Thread

16 hours ago, JoeK said:

It's a rare thing to find myself painting purely just for me, but I've had this sitting around waiting to have some paint slapped on it for ages, so thought I'd give it a couple of hours. Obv. not done yet, but at least it looks like him ;)

skeletorwip1.thumb.jpg.3d1e081afd71ab39d601c873bf8e92c1.jpg

Love it.  Oddly enough your post on eavier metal popped up on FB feed just before I opened this

And we’re done.  Fucking exhausted.  Learnt a lot, Roman is a great teacher.  For me the base is the star, never done a display base before, the demonette suffers from mistakes and poor choices but it’s a learning piece.  The demonette is so small, I didn’t have any magnification so was having to do a lot of squinting & guessing.

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, Kzo said:

That's really nice, the sculpt looks even better than the Imperial Assault one 

Thanks! It's much bigger than the Imperial Assault one. I might take a size comparison picture to demonstrate, actually. 

11 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

Thanks! It's much bigger than the Imperial Assault one. I might take a size comparison picture to demonstrate, actually. 

Could you take a comparison to a 28mm mini, im trying to picture how big it is

So good to see everyone powering on.

I've had real life hit my like a brick these past few months, but I managed ot get some Malifaux construction going on, and also nearly metled a whole Lucius crew I found cheap on ebay. "White Spirit is basically less abbrasive turps" I thought, "Surely this will be fine."

Reader, it was not.

Nearly melted the lot.  Managed to salvage some of the models (the ones looks half painted) after some very careful pinning and replacing various parts, but a few were beyond help.

Still, we live and learn.

15xrjrnj4s831.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

• Empathy 2

ive had no issues at all using white spirit on plastic and resin miniatures and also unvarnished acrylic paint. id make sure your white spirit is pure white spirit and not some crazy paint stripper mix with acetone or something in it

They're hard plastic. I think HPS is the term, but don't quote me. It's weird it's like the spirit (pure stuff, btw) actually effected the whole plastic's integrity.  The its I tried to save sometimes just crumbled under the scapel as I was trying to cut it from the base.

On one hand I'm glad it was the cheap ebay find, on the other - damn, cheap ebay finds don't come along regularly :( 

looks awesome man. It makes me want to pick up a copy to play with my kids. But honestly being a kids is stressful enough without Space Hulk :ph34r:

Anyhoo, this happened:

d0wqhzb6h2931.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Aw yiss.

• Upvote 1

So is Space Hulk still available as a game these days? I use to play it in my younger years, but not really been paying as much attention off late.

14 minutes ago, Butters said:

So is Space Hulk still available as a game these days? I use to play it in my younger years, but not really been paying as much attention off late.

Nope. They reissued it in 2014. Apparently never to be repeated (yeah right) so you can buy that but it’s $$$$$$ 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, And said:

Nope. They reissued it in 2014. Apparently never to be repeated (yeah right) so you can buy that but it’s $$$$$$ 

Dagnammit. That's one I would have purchased. Not paying over the odds for it.

Every year ta gencon Wyrd release a special edition of a crew. Something fun and different, like last year they released hamlin - who as you might guess used lots of rats, as a crzy cat lady box. It was pretty cool:

Wyrd_MondayPreview_NewsImage_7.10.2017.j

Anyhoo, they just announced that this year they;re re-rendering the Molly crew - who is an undead style crew, thusly:

WaldosWeekly_0710_NightmareArt.jpg?forma

WaldosWeekly_0710_NightmareRenders.jpg?f

This is objectievly awesome, but i have a problem with this. The thing is, nothing else in te faction looks like these models. So, you can buy this crew box and use it, but all other models from the keyword will look ridiculously out of place. It's a massive shame.

• Upvote 1

calling time on this Malifaux Nellie crew.  Could spend more time on it, as always, but I have a queue.

W2NonZp.jpg

ELeRCtA.jpg

yatoE2N.jpg

• Upvote 8