IGNORED

Ultra Street Fighter IV

JLM

Many hours, but it's more about keeping a good win rate as it gets much harder to absorb the losses as you rank up. Lots of rank A players with less than 15k points because once you hit A you have to win the vast majority of your games to hold it. It's why A+ is the goal, because 15k - 20k is a much harder grind than 0-15,000 and requires a strong win/loss record rather than a willingness to play and play until the points go up.

I got Dee Jay to 10000 in no time at all because his win rate is good and he's also good for scalping B+ types who have played loads of games and have an effective routine but don't really know what they're doing. He's an average character but he has a few cheap tools and is also a character who tests your match up knowledge and patience. Lots of ranked mans are sorely lacking in both.

it's brutal winning 10 games in a row and then losing all of that BP in one game. It's where having ten pocket characters pays off because I need to give Rose a break whenever that happens.

Thanks for the birthday wishes fightmans. I got through the ordeal using a variety of intoxicants and the company of good friends. Then I used Sunday to recover a bit and had to move house yesterday. I am utterly ruined today but on balance had a pretty good weekend. Also have a number of presents still to come from various folks who couldn't see me at the weekend. Belated gifts are great. I like them.

Had one of my most satisfying wins ever on Sunday. Was playing casuals against a guy using his secondary, me playing Rose, going back and forth with me winning maybe slightly more than I lost. Just before we had to go, he says, completely without irony/humour "I'll pick my main now so I can end on a win". Beat him and left. Cheeky bastard. Turns out turning 30 has only made me more of a petty little man child. I don't care. I am the best.

I'm sad I could only pos that post once. Excellent work Joffles.

I am going to MASH on Saturday. I only need to do better than 1 and 2 to beat my VSF "performance" but honestly my confidence is pretty low and I'm well out of practise. Sessioning tonight and tomorrow to try and get back on track though. The plan is to not be playing shit by EGX, though I imagine I'll just be baffled by the PS4 madness again and get wrecked. Brylarke, I will be calling upon you for sessions shortly now that my house move nightmare is over. The worst thing has been discovering things missing every ten minutes. I can't find my only PS3 pad, Punch Out Wii, Super Monkey Ball Deluxe, about ten DVDs and about twenty other miscellaneous things I probably lost months ago but have only noticed now. Damn it all.

​Brylarke, I will be calling upon you for sessions shortly now that my house move nightmare is over

^_^

​The worst thing has been discovering things missing every ten minutes.

:(

(you *do* know what that sad face is for... right?)

Ok! I exist. I'm in the lobby. I wait til some known mans appear before I start inviting the unknowns to bulk out the numbers.

Maybe hosting a lobby during The Great British Bake Off isn't the best time. I think there's a surprisingly large crossover between Street Fighter and Bake Off.

I played and defeated the number one Rufus on PSN earlier; thanks to Alistarr for The Lessons.

Is anyone around for this Team Battle nonsense? I ended up trawling ranked; I had an excellent match against Goemon's Dudley where I was a single poke away from winning and he managed to whiff punish my cr.mk with Ultra! Ahaha. Oof! The momentum of that punch carried him all the way through to take the final round as well.

ALSO! I managed to land the setup I always try against Bison players as Dan; backthrow, neutral jump, lk.danku (hopefully they crouchblock so it crosses up) then juggle with Ultra 2.

It's a wonderful setup because it also avoids his EX Psycho Crusher and scissor kicks plus it can occasionally catch headstomp/devil's reverse escape attempts as well as closing down space if he teleports. DAN.

At the SFO monthly at the weekend our resident terrifying Bipson player lost to ALaughingGoblin playing Dan. I knew that it was actually a decent match up for Dan and that he wasn't trolling because Joffles taught me the things. The rarely seen Dan counter pick. Love it.