Patronsaint

Ultra Street Fighter IV

JLM, Joffo; I don't know what's up, but I can't connect to your lobbies. Ever. Tried accepting the invite, Joining Session in Progress and coming through match making and they all booted me. Could be that the lobby was full or I guess it might be something to do with routers, there's a certain set of people I can never connect to.

i can connect to joffo but i have never got into a jlm lobby. i think we were once in the queue together in the same lobby once and then when it came round to either of our turns to fight then the other one got kicked out. i also had trouble connecting to dood though so i assumed it was at least partly my router's fault.

-----------

i am loving c viper. i think i've won like 4 games. i got a message from one of those 4 people after the fight saying "you need to learn a technique and some combos. you won't get far playing like that" - poor guy. i wrote back saying thanks for the advice and he replied with a couple of combos for me. sweet.

Happy new year? Indeed, because there's a new Excellent Adventures out which doesn't have Filipino Champ in it. And it's longer than usual! And it has a great Ibuki match at the start.

It's touched on in this episode but I suppose living in a country that will never see an AE machine has its upsides - it must be really frustrating right now to have to learn two slightly different versions of the same game. Almost as frustrating as it is for me to be watching lengthy NSB streams and thinking that Yun and Yang look a lot more fun than I might've guessed.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11776032

• Upvote 3

I'm heading back to my halls tonight. It will probably be the first thing I do after unpacking. So I imagine I'll be on about 10ish. :omg:

strawdonkey just sent me that stream link via twitter; the Ibuki shenanigans going down were amazing...and a cruel reminder of how rubbish I am at pulling off combos under pressure... :(

I played a lot of Ibuki when Super first came out and hadn't even realised that SRK move with kick could combo into super until I saw that video. Only works in the corner or the opponent falls after the first two kunai hit but I could swear I saw him do it midscreen somewhere in there on a dizzied opponent - is that just an AE thing or character specific or is there something else I'm missing?

I just saw that bit (1:15:52); it wasn't her Tsujigoe she used, it was the cl.HK launcher (they look very similar, both vertical split-kicks), JCed out of into Super. All hits'll land off that anywhere on screen as long as you've used the right punch strength for the angle.

• Upvote 2

I played a lot of Ibuki when Super first came out and hadn't even realised that SRK move with kick could combo into super until I saw that video. Only works in the corner or the opponent falls after the first two kunai hit but I could swear I saw him do it midscreen somewhere in there on a dizzied opponent - is that just an AE thing or character specific or is there something else I'm missing?

I just saw that bit (1:15:52); it wasn't her Tsujigoe she used, it was the cl.HK launcher (they look very similar, both vertical split-kicks), JCed out of into Super. All hits'll land off that anywhere on screen as long as you've used the right punch strength for the angle.

Anyway, I've been fucking awesome on this tonight. Went on a 6 or 7 win streak with Ibuki, which included beating Rake Clown's 9,000 BP Gen. I also managed to land target combo>HK launcher> j.canc>air to air super as a finisher, which gave me a proper stonk on.

^_^

---

Anyway, I'm loving this again. I'm sure I'll be getting Dryus tomorrow and getting salted out the back door, but for tonight, it's wub

Feck me, what a bunch of sure (ryuken) ultra dry for men gimps tonight. Why is always lowest common demoninator with some people? Today it's been repeated cross-up attempts x ∞ that either result in;

1. Opponent repeatedly eating 2+ d.hp in a row
  2. or some budget link-a-thon in to Ultra

Just to prove to myself I wasn't being an idiot, I went straight in to training and did j.hp,d.mp,d.hp, exTatsu, Ultra 1, I did it twice, second time I did it with my eyes closed. I'm done with this again for a bit. It's lovely some times, but just too frustrating others

---

Asura, GGs for before, that Gen is still strong :)

blipwoo and joffocakes hijacked my friend's lobby last night and everyone had a great time. when he realised joffo had quit out, said friend howled "noooooooooo!" in dismay and revealed that he had spent his time as a spectator for joffo's games against me and blipwoo working out a foolproof strategy for vengeance and justice. i told him not to worry, as joffocakes will always be back later for more fighting.

highlights: telling blipwoo i was going to show him how to play bison and kicking things off with a cheeky 6 hit scissors combo (followed by eventually losing the match, i think), joffo's trademark ken focus crumple > check what's on the other channel > switch back just in time to srk when it looked like my dude was already on the floor, blipwoo hitting fan favourite EX spinning bird kick > "sorry!", everyone realising about half an hour into the session that someone had set the rounds to 60 seconds in length (we did wonder about the number of time outs), and of course plenty of banter. oh, and seeing my friend hesitate for a moment of thought before deciding "whatever" and killing me with chip damage in our last match after you guys had left. in the words of warren in empire records, "i'll be back and you'll be sorry!"

Patronsaint - avoid ranked if you like fun and/or happiness.

Get involved in some lobbies and you can taste that buttery SF goodness most ever' day.

In other news TKO RIMZ is my new hero.

I think I played him in a lobby with Joffo once. Was that the time I Yoda'd Sir Joff into using more c.HP?

Anyway, have some fresh Yang, courtesy of Messrs Wong and Nemo.

His super is so gdlk. FADC full connect Ultra on the second hit of his mantis slashes is insane as well. What a lovely hit confirm. I think two slashes are safe as well.

Tokido must be taking tips from us, because this is what he posted up on his blog yesterday -

BEEEEEF STEEEEEW

IMG_0153.jpg

GALETTE (?)

IMG_0154.jpg

Apparently Sako is playing Yang in AE right now. Maaaaan...

Damn that RIMZ. Cale nearly had that second round though! Rimz did chuck out that same full screen Ultra mistake when you were fighting him as Bison... madness. I wonder if it's a deliberate thing, like an elaborate taunt?

Also, I typed joffocaked into Youtube to see what I'd get, and found this one of me which someone uploaded earlier in the week; I was expecting it to be a beasting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkdlR3OuzpI

I feel a little bad for using his low BP Hakan as cr.lp x hp.hands practice now. :(

Patronsaint - avoid ranked if you like fun and/or happiness.

Get involved in some lobbies and you can taste that buttery SF goodness most ever' day.

In other news TKO RIMZ is my new hero.

I know, I know.

It just annoys me that I can't break people down. And that 'slow* and steady** wins the race'. And I keep going back :(

*mis-timed dp

**ambiguous cross up and cancels with hit stun you could bust out a haiku during

Damn joffo, you slapped hin up real bad.

Also I did what you done and I am on the youtubes!

WITH COMMENTARY!

My performance is a horrendously dry zoning game against Hakan. I play like shit in the first round, get scared and then just run and poke for the rest. Sorry about that. Still funny though, and I like that I learn after he tells me to learn. I have inproved quite a bit since a couple of thousand BP ago, which is encouraging.

Also found a horrendous effort where my 90BP Cammy takes on an even worse Cammy in mirrors. My Cammy is normally better than this as well, as much as I like to say how shit it is. The only bit worth watching in my opinion is the beginning of round 2 where my TK cannon strikes beat his mere mortal regular cannon strikes.

I also do a random ultra. Jesus. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvZbFtliBLE&feature=related

Lastly, these "Streetfighter is hard" videos where the guy makes montages for each character he tries to get to C rank are fantastic. So nicely edited, and they capture the highs and lows of using unfamiliar characters when shooting for the achievment brilliantly. The Dee Jay one as recommended by SRK is a good starter:

• Upvote 1

Man, nice going getting on teh famous YT videos. I think you did learn though, so the guy couldn't complain too much about your chun. :)

Excellent shout on the SSFIV is hard videos too. The editing is indeed super slick, and it brings back all those terrible memories of just desperately trying to finish a match to get those sweet sweet points. I too... have done my fair share of random ultras in ranked.

That SSFIV is hard video is great. Well edited and yeah, a nice visual description of how annoying and hard it is to get unused characters to C. The Ibuki he fights in match 69 is awesome.

blipwoo and joffocakes hijacked my friend's lobby last night and everyone had a great time. when he realised joffo had quit out, said friend howled "noooooooooo!" in dismay and revealed that he had spent his time as a spectator for joffo's games against me and blipwoo working out a foolproof strategy for vengeance and justice. i told him not to worry, as joffocakes will always be back later for more fighting.

highlights: telling blipwoo i was going to show him how to play bison and kicking things off with a cheeky 6 hit scissors combo (followed by eventually losing the match, i think), joffo's trademark ken focus crumple > check what's on the other channel > switch back just in time to srk when it looked like my dude was already on the floor, blipwoo hitting fan favourite EX spinning bird kick > "sorry!", everyone realising about half an hour into the session that someone had set the rounds to 60 seconds in length (we did wonder about the number of time outs), and of course plenty of banter. oh, and seeing my friend hesitate for a moment of thought before deciding "whatever" and killing me with chip damage in our last match after you guys had left. in the words of warren in empire records, "i'll be back and you'll be sorry!"

Good games, always impressive (and scary) to see joffo picking randoms and playing them like mains. but you forgot to mention my masterful daigo-level ryu play. Some of my fireballs even connected 8) I've now sadly realised that random select is probably not the way to go for me; i'm not even getting enough play in these days to keep bison or hawk up to scratch:( Gotta stick with mains from now on.

Yeah read that earlier. I always thought that (cos clearly they're not on the disc) but didn't know that the costumes were actually visible on the 360.

I bet you, despite this being the most incestuous thread on the RLL, if anyone dropped a "PS3 is wank" bomb the fanbois would be here dropping negs and spitting hate in a flash.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've got one and it just sits there gathering dust and doing system updates or whatever the fuck it does when I try and play something. Sometimes I play Pro Evo on it though, and I have Starship Troopers on blu ray, so that's good. I liked LittleBigPlanet until Stephen Fry stopped talking and I tried to do a jump. QI is better.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ohh yeeaah, I forgot all about that! With the emulators and homebrew and whatnot. My modded original Xbox still sees use just because it'll run whatever you tell it to run and like it. I need to do something, because my PS3 seriously is a redundant waste of space and money at the moment.