rllmuk
jonnyalpha

Bargain buys for everyone.

On 13/01/2019 at 12:42, jonnyalpha said:

Travelling man has an extra 25% off their current sale prices. I just got Terra Mystica, Citrus and Kashgar: Merchants of the spice road for a total of £72.

Very happy with that little lot. Kashgar is a present. I've already got it and it's a lovely clever card game. 

Citrus is a really nice tile laying, pseudo area control game - played it a load with my wife when it first came out. 

• Upvote 1

A couple of bargains in Travelling Man, Newcastle. They've got Crown of Emara in stock for £36.99 which is a great price for a lovely game. They also had some of the original printing of Camel Up for £24.99, you can still get the matching expansion on Amazon for £6.99 which makes a total bargain for the complete Camel Up experience.

• Upvote 2

If anyone fancies the brand new app-based minis game from FFG: ‘Journeys in Middle Earth’ you can get it from Chaos Cards for £60 delivered (saving £30 on the RRP) with the code PREMIUM until Monday.

Code works on anything else over £50, I think.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I played with the app while I wait for it to arrive. Very nice, music, some voice acting, prettified battlemaps etc. A lot like their Mansions app.

Boardgameguru have some Days of Wonder bargains. Cargo Noir, Yamatai, Pirate's Cove, Quadropolis and it's expansion are all reduced as it looks like DoW are not going to be reprinting them again and are selling off final stock. I've got them all or I'd be getting a couple of these. 

They also have the large Ticket to Ride:Rails and Sails if anyone was looking out for that. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, jonnyalpha said:

Boardgameguru have some Days of Wonder bargains. Cargo Noir, Yamatai, Pirate's Cove, Quadropolis and it's expansion are all reduced as it looks like DoW are not going to be reprinting them again and are selling off final stock. I've got them all or I'd be getting a couple of these. 

They also have the large Ticket to Ride:Rails and Sails if anyone was looking out for that. 

Quadropolis is a great city builidng game. I've played Yamatai and thought it was pretty average. Haven't played the over two.

TLDR: Buy Quadropolis!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jonnyalpha said:

Yamatai is a very good game.

1 minute ago, womblingfree said:

Having backed Nemesis and Tainted Grail for hundreds of quids, this does not bode well for their future value. :hmm:

I think both of those are the reason we are seeing this price. I suspect AW are trying to raise some quick capital. 

21 minutes ago, cavalcade said:

Delivery takes it over 40 quid. Not sure it's that great a deal. 

Bit harsh. Have you found it cheaper elsewhere?

31 minutes ago, cavalcade said:

Delivery takes it over 40 quid. Not sure it's that great a deal. 

It’s retail price is £100, and I’ve never seen it lower than fifty quid, and that was a bargain.

It has a lot of components and is highly rated. If it's not worth £100 to you that's something else. It looks like they (either publisher or stores) vastly overestimated that and that's why it's being knocked out super cheap two years on.

It has a pile of plastic and it's from CMON. It's highly rated due to plastic Kickstarter uplift. It's not a 100 pound game. There are many better ways to spend 40 quid. 

A mate played this at Airecon and really enjoyed it - have pointed him towards the deal (earlier today) ta. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cavalcade said:

It has a pile of plastic and it's from CMON. It's highly rated due to plastic Kickstarter uplift. It's not a 100 pound game. There are many better ways to spend 40 quid. 

It looks like a good game to me. I’m not going for it because it’s not really my kinda thing and I suspect it might get cheaper in the future. There are lots of better ways to spend £40, but there are also lots and lots and lots of worse ways. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, cavalcade said:

If you actually want the game then £35 quid is by far the cheapest it’s been, even £40 is still by far the cheapest it’s been. So thanks @Skeeez for the heads up.

• Upvote 2