IGNORED

GTA:V Single-Player Thread - next-gen versions out now!

murray

Nah, I don't see that happening. If the next-gen consoles are indeed announced at E3 2013, and it's looking very likely that at least Microsoft will, it has to be 2012 for GTA5 on current hardware... surely?

I reckon late Summer 2012 :)

Nah, I don't see that happening. If the next-gen consoles are indeed announced at E3 2013, and it's looking very likely that at least Microsoft will, it has to be 2012 for GTA5 on current hardware... surely?

"Anounced" and "released" are not the same thing. Assuming Microsoft announces a successor to the 360 in 2013, it wouldn't be on the shelves until 2014, which is three years away yet!

Nobody in the industry is exactly 'eager' to shift development to more powerful hardware anyway, are they? They're probably more interested in porting to as many platforms as humanly possible. We're more likely to see an iPad port of GTAV than see it wait for the Nextbox. :P

I'm a bit disappointed that it's apparently set in America. Unless they really start scraping the bottom of the barrel (GTA: Kansas City), it means that the game will be returning to cities that have already been seen in GTA (GTA3 was really nothing like New York, so GTA4 was fine).

Actually, in every GTA game since 3 I've had to constantly hold the right stick down just a touch when driving to see things from a better angle. I hope they give me better camera options there.

I do prefer playing GTA with a mouse and keyboard, since I played 3 that way, though I loved the BMX on the xbox pad too.

The controls when actually aiming in GTAIV are fine (i.e when the left trigger is held down). It's all the other on-foot controls which are hideous. Which means walking up stairwells with your gun raised just to avoid banging into walls etc.

Red Dead Redemption had a simple option to stop the camera furiously trying to get behind the player, which helped no end.

They also need to do away with the "hammer A to sprint" nonsense.

I'm a bit disappointed that it's apparently set in America. Unless they really start scraping the bottom of the barrel (GTA: Kansas City), it means that the game will be returning to cities that have already been seen in GTA (GTA3 was really nothing like New York, so GTA4 was fine).

I liked the Washington D.C. idea touted earlier. How about Detroit?

I liked the Washington D.C. idea touted earlier. How about Detroit?

If it takes place in Detroit then it better feature a cop as the main character for the first few missions. Then something terrible happens to that cop and you play the rest of the game as muthafucking Robocop.

Pretty sure they've said the series will always be set in the US (apart from the London add on they did). My bet's on Los Angeles. Again.

I would prefer this as Las Vegas is a bit flat, including the desert around it. At least LA has the hills with the Hollywood sign on it etc..

Actually, in every GTA game since 3 I've had to constantly hold the right stick down just a touch when driving to see things from a better angle. I hope they give me better camera options there.

Yeah ,this.

Also, you'd think they'd want to move away from America surely? A bit a variety. We'll see anyway, I reckon it'll be Washington like most people.

As an extension of the American Psycho idea, I hope the rampages can be more creative as a result of them being the protagonists psychosis; physics changing mayhem like 'splosion man-ing through busy areas smashing up the traffic or EDF-ing scyscrapers to the dirt with a single rocket or punching the elderly 50 feet in the air with a monstrous right arm before waking up in cold, grey reality. With a new high score.

From Reddit (it made me laugh) :

I'm going with Washington DC, the main character this time around works for his shady politician brother. Like Brotherhood but reversed.

[–]evil_steve 201 points 3 hours ago

The main character could be some sort of historian, who has a theory about hidden treasure, so he has to steal the Declaration of Independence, making him a criminal, on the run from both the police and rival factions who want the declaration for themselves.

[–]JibberGXP 50 points 2 hours ago

No, no. He should be some criminal mastermind who killed the son of an FBI agent. After a fight broke out between the two of you, you were left unconscious, so the FBI agent has a doctor switch your faces he can go undercover as you to locate a bomb only you and your brother know of. Upon you regaining consciousness, you steal HIS face and set out to ruin his life, while stopping him from locating the bomb.

As an extension of the American Psycho idea, I hope the rampages can be more creative as a result of them being the protagonists psychosis; physics changing mayhem like 'splosion man-ing through busy areas smashing up the traffic or EDF-ing scyscrapers to the dirt with a single rocket or punching the elderly 50 feet in the air with a monstrous right arm before waking up in cold, grey reality. With a new high score.

GTA: Crank?

:wub: