Jump to content
IGNORED

GTA:V Single-Player Thread - next-gen versions out now!


murray
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Harrisown said:

I played this originally with different controls. The right shoulder button was the sprint button , meaning you could look around while sprinting.

Highly recommend.

Yes, I use that. Standard FPS 2 I think? I just set it up again at lunchtime. It also means you can easily move quickly while aiming.

 

From my brief play earlier, it just seems sharper and 60fps. Ray tracing made no perceivable difference from a very quick look. Seems more like a next-gen patch than a paid upgrade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Pob said:

From my brief play earlier, it just seems sharper and 60fps. Ray tracing made no perceivable difference from a very quick look. Seems more like a next-gen patch than a paid upgrade.

Yeah, I'm assuming it's all down to it being a 360 game originally but it was a shame to see how poor the traffic was when I got in my chopper from the sub to check the casino spin. I really thought they might be able to update that kind of persistence etc a bit better but perhaps not until they actually make a new engine entirely or use a matrix demo type unreal 5 engine or whatever. 

 

My mate hasn't got a ps5 yet so if there are any gtav online shenanigans coming up, I think I'm still in the group, so would be good to join in with some of you lovely lot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pob said:

Yes, I use that. Standard FPS 2 I think? I just set it up again at lunchtime. It also means you can easily move quickly while aiming.

 

From my brief play earlier, it just seems sharper and 60fps. Ray tracing made no perceivable difference from a very quick look. Seems more like a next-gen patch than a paid upgrade.

I think the game is some respects looks worse, you can see it’s age in the textures and the old school bloom.

It seems very saturated too in HDR.

 

these are my settings for controls. So much better when you take out that deadzone too.

 

2DDD428C-F9C4-4AA5-886D-EDE9F068AC52.thumb.jpeg.a80aba73dc5cc621bc9668acfffc608a.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm actually weirdly used to the slightly bizarre controls in gtav now, just looking at those settings makes me think I'll probably fuck up more times on the way to learning that more sensible button layout than just going with muscle memory for it :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, b00dles said:

I had a bit of a look around on the online and the story even more briefly as I had to start from the start all over again as I hadn't uploaded a save from my ps4, even though I've got a gtav story mode save from playing ps4 gtav on my ps5. Eejits. 

I’ve just hit the same wall after shelling out for the single player. That can’t be right surely? Why would I have a PS4 lying around?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Played a bit of this, it's weird. 

I can't really spot any difference between "Performance" and "Performance RT" modes. I'm aware it's doing just ray-traced shadows, but I'd barely be able to tell. 

The performance profile for both also seems to be identical? and - roughly speaking - the resolution. It's like you're just turning off and on RT shadows for the lols?

 

Also weird. During Gameplay, it looks like a locked 60 no matter which of the two perf modes. 60 fps all the time, until you transition to a cut-scene - which the game prior went out of it's way to make completely seemless - they now drop frames like mad! The in-engine cut-scenes are all very variable frame-rate, then as soon as you get control it bumps up to 60! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Played a bit of this, it's weird. 

I can't really spot any difference between "Performance" and "Performance RT" modes. I'm aware it's doing just ray-traced shadows, but I'd barely be able to tell. 

The performance profile for both also seems to be identical? and - roughly speaking - the resolution. It's like you're just turning off and on RT shadows for the lols?

 

Also weird. During Gameplay, it looks like a locked 60 no matter which of the two perf modes. 60 fps all the time, until you transition to a cut-scene - which the game prior went out of it's way to make completely seemless - they now drop frames like mad! The in-engine cut-scenes are all very variable frame-rate, then as soon as you get control it bumps up to 60! 

 

I noticed those drops especially as you get into the car in the first scene! Really odd.

 

Overall I am happy with how it looks for a 9 year old game, and since I have not played it much since the 360 era, was well worth the £8.49 for me! Forgot how much I loved the OST, and it is probably one of the weaker ones!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Shimmyhill said:

What’s the deal with the next gen version of this, like most people I own it on every machine ever but is there an upgrade fee for next gen?

 

£8.49 on PS5, flat charge for those who own it, and don't. 

 

£16.99 on Xbox I think!

 

For me it was worth it not owning the last gen version, but mileage will vary person to person. 

 

The frame rate is ace, but if you have played this on PC it won't be anything mind blowing at all. 

 

Haptics on PS5 are surprisingly good. The mission chasing the boat was especially eye opening, as when flying over the storm grates on the motorway could be felt through the pad. Very nice touches. Will see if that sort of thing is throughout the world. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SuperCapes said:

 

£8.49 on PS5, flat charge for those who own it, and don't. 

 

£16.99 on Xbox I think!

 

For me it was worth it not owning the last gen version, but mileage will vary person to person. 

 

The frame rate is ace, but if you have played this on PC it won't be anything mind blowing at all. 

 

Haptics on PS5 are surprisingly good. The mission chasing the boat was especially eye opening, as when flying over the storm grates on the motorway could be felt through the pad. Very nice touches. Will see if that sort of thing is throughout the world. 

 

Thank you - ive only completed it on 360 or ps3, can’t remember what I played it on first!! Not played the PC version properly as never had a good enough PC so the 60fps and less than a day to load seems worth another go…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SozzlyJoe said:

Question. That fast character switching showcase tweet above. Was that not the same on PS4 (and I might venture to suggest even PS3 though I never played that version)?

 

It's just faster now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The character switching was always pretty fast, but I'm mainly interested in how quickly the game takes to load from the dashboard, as that took AGES previously. Is that significantly improved?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, K said:

The character switching was always pretty fast, but I'm mainly interested in how quickly the game takes to load from the dashboard, as that took AGES previously. Is that significantly improved?

 

Yes, It takes a few second though... it's not instant loading like one might hope but it's nothing like the PS3/PS4 versions that would take minutes to load from fresh boot. 

 

I thought i'd install and play about with the PS3 version, for curiosity and fun in general... and it took me almost 2 hours to update and install the game from disc! 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been reading that the PS store is making it purposely difficult to find GTA5 Story Mode for PS5. I haven't looked myself yet, but apparently you can only find it when browsing the store on your PS5 console - not the app or website. This excludes people who would like to buy the game at this sale price in anticipation of owning a PS5 when they can get one.

 

And then you can only find a listing for GTA Online, and must click the three dots, and scroll to the end of "Related items" to find Story Mode or the "complete" version. Some people aren't finding Story Mode at all, and they are downloading the 90GB of GTA Online so they can purchase Story Mode from within GTA Online, where it oddly costs £9 instead of £8.75.

 

The Xbox store makes it easier to find and purchase Story Mode - from the web or app too! - but pay attention to the small print: Story Mode requires GTA Online to play.

 

As someone who doesn't care about GTA Online and only wants Story Mode, I'm disappointed that Story Mode is basically just DLC attached to the mandatory download and installation of Rockstar's money-maker GTA Online.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SqueakyG said:

I've been reading that the PS store is making it purposely difficult to find GTA5 Story Mode for PS5. I haven't looked myself yet, but apparently you can only find it when browsing the store on your PS5 console - not the app or website. This excludes people who would like to buy the game at this sale price in anticipation of owning a PS5 when they can get one.

 

And then you can only find a listing for GTA Online, and must click the three dots, and scroll to the end of "Related items" to find Story Mode or the "complete" version. Some people aren't finding Story Mode at all, and they are downloading the 90GB of GTA Online so they can purchase Story Mode from within GTA Online, where it oddly costs £9 instead of £8.75.

 

The Xbox store makes it easier to find and purchase Story Mode - from the web or app too! - but pay attention to the small print: Story Mode requires GTA Online to play.

 

As someone who doesn't care about GTA Online and only wants Story Mode, I'm disappointed that Story Mode is basically just DLC attached to the mandatory download and installation of Rockstar's money-maker GTA Online.

 

I downloaded gta5 for PS5 and it was not the PS5 version - it looked like it would as you say and was listed as ‘free’ so not ‘already purchased’ as you would expect given I already own the PS4 version, thought i was onto a bargain saving £9 until it was clearly 90gb of 30fps sadness.

 

To be fair its a PS5 wide problem… Ive downloaded this, destiny 2 and gt7 in the past week and all of them getting the PS4 version first - Sony in can’t make a UI shocker with the worst online store of any console thats ever had an online store ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/03/2022 at 04:33, Shimmyhill said:

 

To be fair its a PS5 wide problem… Ive downloaded this, destiny 2 and gt7 in the past week and all of them getting the PS4 version first - Sony in can’t make a UI shocker with the worst online store of any console thats ever had an online store ever.

I'm not sure what different setting I might have but I couldn't help notice that my ps5 is highlighting the ps5 version as the default on everything I've downloaded because of posts like this. Are you going from the app/ website, or through the console?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/03/2022 at 13:35, b00dles said:

I'm not sure what different setting I might have but I couldn't help notice that my ps5 is highlighting the ps5 version as the default on everything I've downloaded because of posts like this. Are you going from the app/ website, or through the console?

 

All on the PS5, the GTA one is the same as everyone is moaning about - Destiny 2 is maybe my fault but an awful bit of Sony silliness as I installed it from my library of games so obv as I played it on the PS4 before I wanted that version and not the PS5 enhanced version.

 

Its such an easy fix even - if there is a Ps5 version catch it on the install and ask if you want that version or make it a bit easier to navigate on the machine / website / app - I’m happy that i not shouting at clouds with this one as a quick google throws up the same complaint pretty much infinitely.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

 

All on the PS5, the GTA one is the same as everyone is moaning about - Destiny 2 is maybe my fault but an awful bit of Sony silliness as I installed it from my library of games so obv as I played it on the PS4 before I wanted that version and not the PS5 enhanced version.

 

Its such an easy fix even - if there is a Ps5 version catch it on the install and ask if you want that version or make it a bit easier to navigate on the machine / website / app - I’m happy that i not shouting at clouds with this one as a quick google throws up the same complaint pretty much infinitely.

 

 

Yeah, I'm not being sdf as the shop is still a pain but I've seen this mentioned before and I transferred stuff over to my ps5 too and even hitman 3 it auto installed the ps5 version when I "moved" that. I've bought the gtav update thing, sifu, Tony hawk's and at least one other thing i can't quite remember, downloaded all of the plus stuff every month for the past 4 or whatever it's been and not one once has it even made the default selection be the ps4 version. Admittedly I've looked out for it because I'd read it happened to a lot of people but weirdly it never has and I can't imagine what setting I might have different or whatever. 

 

Although the upgrade to tsushima from first installing the PS4 disc and then installing the multiplayer demo thing last month did confuse it quite a bit more than it should have. 

 

I wonder if it's a "primary console" thing as I did have the sharing thing with a friend before but not sure if that's setup at the mo now I think about it. Odd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Story Mode save game transfer is not ideal...

 

I haven't had the PS4 version installed for a couple of years, but I remember all my progress was being tracked on the Rockstar Social Club. I just logged into my account there to check, and it's all still there. I assumed that the Social Club progress tracker was basically a cloud save. But I guess not. It seems you have to specifically play the PS4 game and choose "Upload save game" in its menus, or else the Social Club doesn't have what the PS5 needs.

 

I just downloaded 80-odd gigabtyes of the game for PS5, I'm not going to download the PS4 version again just to nip into the menus for a minute. (Not to mention the PS4 saves are sat right there on the PS5 physical storage. Sony, come on).

 

Oh well, a fresh playthrough really means a fresh playthrough. Hello North Yankton...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SqueakyG said:

I just downloaded 80-odd gigabtyes of the game for PS5, I'm not going to download the PS4 version again just to nip into the menus for a minute. (Not to mention the PS4 saves are sat right there on the PS5 physical storage. Sony, come on).

From what I understand, that wouldn’t even work. The PS4 save needs to be uploaded from a PS4 console

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

I'm really confused about which version to buy on Xbox. I want to play the most recently enhanced version offline only, am I right in assuming that the currently discounted 30 euro xbox one and series bundle is the best way? Is the premium edition just the last gen version?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.