GTA:V Single-Player Thread - next-gen versions out now!

murray

45 minutes ago, b00dles said:

I've not tried it with more than one person as mentioned, so it's almost a shame that with only two of you, it's not even possible to carry out anything from the harbour areas etc. I've never totally cleared the whole island (or whatever you could carry with 4 of you) but with two, you can in and out the mansion stupidly quickly. 

I still want 6 to have the setup stuff (well,  and everything ideally) more systemic. As in, you need to get the glass cutter but it isn't just at the one building site when you trigger the mission, it's 'always out there' in a sense as soon as you start a heist even. 

But I still think I'll be waiting a lot longer for that kind of gta-meets- hitman type game. 

I normally do it with a 4 and the other three are on this very forum. Speeds up the pre heist missions as you trigger from sub and we’re waiting normally in town. Takes minutes!

6 minutes ago, Fused gamer said:

I normally do it with a 4 and the other three are on this very forum. Speeds up the pre heist missions as you trigger from sub and we’re waiting normally in town. Takes minutes!

Do you bother getting any drugs or whatever from the other areas, or just clear out the mansion? With only two of us we have to pick which things we take given the bag space thing. I guess with 4 you still haven't actually got room to totally clear out the island? It's probably also way more hassle than it's worth over just going straight through the underwater tunnel, even with 4 of you.

28 minutes ago, b00dles said:

Do you bother getting any drugs or whatever from the other areas, or just clear out the mansion? With only two of us we have to pick which things we take given the bag space thing. I guess with 4 you still haven't actually got room to totally clear out the island? It's probably also way more hassle than it's worth over just going straight through the underwater tunnel, even with 4 of you.

Nah just get money, gold or paintings and obv the main attraction from the mansion as that fills your bags full.

Always in the underwater tunnel then we drive off the edge of the map and swim to sub. Makes it so easy.

Just now, Fused gamer said:

Nah just get money, gold or paintings and obv the main attraction from the mansion as that fills your bags full.

Always in the underwater tunnel then we drive off the edge of the map and swim to sub. Makes it so easy.

Out the front door I should add.

44 minutes ago, Fused gamer said:

Out the front door I should add.

Yeah right, same way we clocked, bit weird that even with more people a big chunk of it is pretty much pointless. 

Although we run to the cliff edge to the left, shoot a patrol boat driver and then leave that way. Strangely it doesn't change the heat or get the chopper out early or anything. 

Um, I suspect I'm being thick but where in god's name is the PS5 version of GTAV showing on the PS store? I'm trying to find the fucker, and I get loads of different versions, but they're all PS4 ones? Are they doing that annoying thing where they won't allow you to buy until actual release date?

8 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Um, I suspect I'm being thick but where in god's name is the PS5 version of GTAV showing on the PS store? I'm trying to find the fucker, and I get loads of different versions, but they're all PS4 ones? Are they doing that annoying thing where they won't allow you to buy until actual release date?

On the console?  It’s like two presses down on the main store page.

7 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

On the console?  It’s like two presses down on the main store page.

Ah, yes. I was using my PC and looking - not a good idea.

Fuck sake, I've lost count of how many times I've bought this game, across different formats. 

Less than a tenner for another one, won't do me any harm. 

I believe I've only ever completed the story mode once on ye old Xbox 360, back in 2013.

Too many hours spent dicking around in freeroam, to care. 

Eyebrows starting to raise at the fact the store pages don't have a single trailer or screenshot of this. I'm still buying it again because I'm a dickhead, but it is a bit concerning. 

I don't know if I'm just being stupid but I can't get this to pre-load on the xbox series x. I've bought the 17.99 one with both online and single player. The online has downloaded and shows up but single player doesn't seem to show up. It just shows the regular GTA 5 (without the X/S logo in the corner).

1 hour ago, LowCostMonkey said:

I don't know if I'm just being stupid but I can't get this to pre-load on the xbox series x. I've bought the 17.99 one with both online and single player. The online has downloaded and shows up but single player doesn't seem to show up. It just shows the regular GTA 5 (without the X/S logo in the corner).

Don't worry, it's downloaded as one file.

2 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

There’s a raytracing vid at that link which doesn’t actually look like ray tracing at all. 

Care to explain because I can see it straight away in the puddles.

It really is quite the disappointment really. It makes me wonder if it was actually even less of an "upgrade" from this, but then they saw the backlash toward the trilogy remake, hence the delay in releasing it. 

Fired it up this morning. Not played a notable amount since the 360 but did fire it up a few times on PS4.

Played the opening robbery and shootout in Fidelity mode - it's the same sluggish/heavy Rockstar character movement and driving you love or hate, and it looks very sharp and moody. It's not the best test of the mode, as the rest of the game is somewhere sunnier and brighter, but it doesn't feel like a step up.

Do Franklin's repo mission and drive back to the service center in Performance RT mode, and it's an absolute revelation. Maybe it's 60FPS, maybe it's just very close, but that coupled with the higher resolution makes it look absolutely fan fucking tastic.

The only slight niggle from a 15 minute blast is that traffic is still visibly popping in on the horizon, and that's just in a sports car from the opening mission. It leads me to suspect that in supercars it'll continue to be an issue - it's an engine constraint, probably.

I had a bit of a look around on the online and the story even more briefly as I had to start from the start all over again as I hadn't uploaded a save from my ps4, even though I've got a gtav story mode save from playing ps4 gtav on my ps5. Eejits. 

Aside from that though, I really didn't think it looked a huge amount better, I don't have a 4k TV so obviously I won't see the res update but... l dunno, I didn't think it looked that much better than when I was just playing it in back compatability mode.

I've been trying to find a quote from someone at Rockstar that was made last year. They were talking about how they didn't want to just put out the same game in a higher resolution, or some such. But wanted to add to the experience in more depth. Something along those lines. 

The 60fps is cool, much better to play than before obviously - I just wish, in my hour or two playing it, that they'd taken the time to update the menus and stuff. In fact I actually thought that was something that was going to be done.

I was on a mission earlier and trying to top up my health and armour whilst simultaneously driving and evading merryweather is a fucking nightmare.

Is there something I am missing there, actually? Is there a way I can assign certain actions to a quicker button press i.e eating food for health and applying armour?

1 hour ago, Simmy said:

The 60fps is cool, much better to play than before obviously - I just wish, in my hour or two playing it, that they'd taken the time to update the menus and stuff. In fact I actually thought that was something that was going to be done.

I was on a mission earlier and trying to top up my health and armour whilst simultaneously driving and evading merryweather is a fucking nightmare.

Is there something I am missing there, actually? Is there a way I can assign certain actions to a quicker button press i.e eating food for health and applying armour?

keep interaction menu open. 

There is also a quick action button combo (because rockstar) which you can assign to things like eat a snack or put armour on but I can't remember what it is. 

I think you set it in either the main options or the interaction menu but can't quite remember I'm afraid.