GTA:V Single-Player Thread - next-gen versions out now!

murray

In the end I actually quite enjoyed the FIB stuff. Trevor was a great character and his final scene is excellent. Favourite stations - at the start I was digging Blue Ark and West Coast Classic and by the end it was Non Stop Pop or West Coast Talk or Radio Mirror Park.

Heard radio 1 at the weekend for the first time in years and Clara Amfo really sounds like Cara Delevingne, not sure if Cara was taking the piss or what, or more likely the script writers.

So I've now got to the point in the plot where they're hiding out in Blaine County - I've been doing all the side content at every opportunity, mainly because I'm sort of aware that illogical as it is I lose a lot of motivation when there's nothing pushing you forwards. And recently I've started doing the collectibles - it takes you to a lot of places you wouldn't normally go, there's a couple of half-built suburbs in East Los Santos that are cul-de-sacs you'd never travel through to get anywhere, contain no weapons or armour pickups or cars, but I still explored it to find a peyote plant and go on a reign of terror as a terrier.

Anyway, looking those up made me find out a bunch of stuff in the game I'd never have found in a million years - you can get in the control tower of the military base, and there's a unique general model there? There's a whole extensive sidequest series about joining a cult that you can only access with one character by going to a website and filling out a quiz?

The main problem I'm having is everyone is broke - I haven't been doing the stock market stuff before the assassination missions, which seems to be your big earner, and because I keep dying the American Medical Bills are sapping me down to a level where I can't buy the airport or docks, which seem to contain the best moneymaking opportunities/missions.

The properties you can buy aren't really money spinners; it'd take ages to earn back the cash you spent buying them. They're generally either more ways of buying extra side missions, optional storage for vehicles, or just things to spend your billions on.

The only way to make real money is by playing the stock market. And by 'playing' I mean 'looking up various Reddits that tell you the best shares to buy'.

Do you not ever get a few million from the story then? Am I stuck in poverty unable to access the locked away missions or even get the collectibles because I can't afford a helicopter and none seem to spawn in anywhere?

Don't buy any of the properties/businesses! They aren't worth it, you won't make a return on your investment for any of them. Some of them have fun missions - like Trevor's airstrip where he does gunrunning - but the total reward money is less than the cost of the airstrip. Rockstar are trolling you. Businesses are only worth buying at the end of the game - things like the Golf Club for 150M are just for bagging rights to prove you used the stock market effectively. Also these businesses will interrupt you with boring mini-missions that make you drive all over the map for hardly any reward.

The dock and helicopter pads aren't essential for anyone. It can be frustrating when you're Franklin trying to find a helicopter, but there are sometimes helicopters on the roof of the hospital near the strip club - there's a ladder to the roof. Or for more risk you can break into the airport.

Most of the game can be enjoyed without having much money. You might want to buy better guns when they become available, that's about it. One of the mid-game heists for the FIB gives you some decent spending money.

SPOILERS I guess:

The last heist pays big money (bigger if you choose the "obvious" approach). Don't do Franklin's assassination missions until you've got this heist money! You'll need all of it for the stock market when you do Franklin's assassinations. You can find FAQs all over the internet to tell you how to make these investments.

Some more tips behind spoilers so this post doesn't get too big:

- Michael's Epsilon Cult storyline is very tedious - on purpose - to make you think, "why the fuck am I wasting my time?" But financially it's worth it. You'll make your money back when you get more than 2 million off them.

- Trevor can give 4 people to the mountain cult cannibals, then... well, there are a lot of money briefcases around the camp when you can get into it.

- Trevor can also hit a weed farm at the top north-east of the map, for a suitcase full of money.

- There's a Random Encounter guy who needs to get to the airport, then gives you a stock tip. But don't do it until after the story! It's as good as one of Franklin's assassinations, so don't waste it.

Rockstar, in an official Q&A session, revealed that the Rockstar Editor, currently only on Windows, will be made available to Xbox One owners this summer. Console players can then record, edit, and upload game footage via this special tailored editor. The Lab station will also be made available to owners in another forthcoming title update.

The Lab station is an in-game radio station currently only available on the Windows version. It features tracks composed by The Alchemist and Oh No, along with Woody Jackson and Tangerine Dream, who were behind the game's guitar-and-synthesizer heavy incidental score. Its quite popular so Im happy its making its way to the Xbox One version. I cant wait until the patch hits.

http://www.icxm.net/x/rockstar-editor-console-version.html

I played the PS4 version last month, and every other time I switched to Michael in his home I heard an explosion somewhere outside. I never figured out where the explosions came from - I assumed there was a glitched BBQ propane cannister somewhere nearby. Maybe it was plane crashes.

I had the same thing - heard a huge explosion when I was standing outside Michael's house, then ran into the street to see the fuselage of a crashed plane in the street.

I assumed the one in the video happened due to the mission preceding it - The way Michael wakes up in a sweat and gets dressed looks like the pre-scripted bit following his drug-induced skydive/freefall, so thought the plane might have been carried over from that.

I think the Online Heists are the equivalent of the episodes - extra story content, new vehicles, and a bunch of custom assets. All for free, which is lovely.

There was something a while back from the dude who voiced Franklin saying they'd been in the studio again or something. Can't remember where I read that.

But would hopefully indicate some more single player stuff to come... Not that, with all the free online updates, it'd be unreasonable to skip solo DLC.

I dont think Rocktstar will disappoint - I think they have been delayed massively as they didnt realise how much of a massive undertaking GTA online was going to be, plus they had to take time to do the PS4/Xbone versions, then Heists, then PC versions.

Give them time, I think they will produce the goods.