IGNORED

GTA:V Single-Player Thread - next-gen versions out now!

murray

You can let Lester tell you, and then quit the mission, or more easily just look it up online. Some missions don't have a B and some don't have an A.

I've just done the first one, the multi-target assassination.

I let Lester tell me about Debonnaire, so I then quit and invested everyone's cash (about 35mil each) into it, then restarted the mission. It all went well and it peaked at around 81%. I then ploughed everyone's money into Redwood hoping that it'll rebound, but it's not going anywhere. It seems to be fluctuating around the same price I paid for the shares. Is this normal? I'd read elsewhere that it should slowly build back up and peak around 300%, but I've waited a good few days already and nothing yet.

I think it peaks at 8 am on the second trading day after Deb peaks. It then crashes quick. It's very specific.

Ah fuck, I must have missed it then. I was pottering around for at least a day to see if they'd increase, but when they didn't seem to be shifting I went and slept for a few times. It's been over two days since I did the assassinations now.

Maybe. That 300% bump is very helpful though. You don't have an earlier save to revert to? I guess not, otherwise you would probably do that. Why am I still typing?

Oh, I might do actually. Even if it means replaying the last mission, that's no bad thing.

Weirdly a couple of new markers appeared after I finished it earlier too. One for Trev and one for Frank. Is that normal? Seems odd there are more missions after the game's supposedly done.

I maxed out the specs of a characters car with armour and bulletproof tyres. That made it pretty easy to nab a fighter. No problem driving around the base. The only dangerous bit is getting from the car to a plane. Which won't be as dangerous as parachuting in.

It's just a guy who has save hacked it taking pictures. He said he'd send me the save file with it ready to try out so I'll report back when I've tried it.

As for the Lazer, parachuting is preferable to trying to land a helicopter or plane, but your best chance is to jump a car over the fence and head for the open hangar, which gives you maximum time to get in without being shot. If tanks or jeeps block the entrance you're pretty much boned though, whereas if you go for one outside you're more likely to get shot dead whilst climbing in but once you get inside you've got a better chance of avoiding obstacles.

Once you're in, accelerate at full and fucking pull up. There's missiles at the base, so if you hear beeping then turn fast or corkscrew. Once you're out fly low for a bit the. Head up as high as possible to lose the cops. Keep checking behind you, they don't always but sometimes other jets pursue you, which is a real bastard.

In the single player game, you can just drive straight in the east gate in anything bar a bike for the quickest way of getting to the open hanger.

Best way is drive in in a taxi and click the left stick just as you go through the gate to give yourself around 10-20 seconds while the despatch guy is waffling awy finding you a job before you get any wanted stars.

I bought a tank from the internet via the phone in single player for a not inconsiderable sum of $3,000,000 but I'll be damned if I can see where I pick it up from. Anyone know?

There's a bunch of missions online where you get to race them or dogfight them or try to attack targets on the ground with them.

Edit: Online missions with Jets in off the top of my head. Jet Lag, Jet Stream, Lazer Quest, Battle of the Alamo Sea LTS, Top Fun, Top Fun II, Top Fun III.

I've usually found one in the spot where you steal the chopper in one of the single player missions. There may or may not be a single soldier standing by it, in my experience. If there is, just run him over in the car and it's easy enough to get in the plane before being shot much.

Actually, in my first attempt stealing that chopper in the mission, I parked my car too close to the chopper door, making Trevor automatically try to walk around to the other side. He only got half way.

I went with Trevor through the main entrance, turned left around the buildings towards the main air strip, where resistance tended to be surprisingly light (the odd jump and troops on the ground, no tanks at all). I made my way to the hangars, turned on Trev's special ability, shot the nearby guards and got onto a plane outside the hangar, just off the runaway. Jumped in (takes aaaaaaages), hit the afterburner and plowed dead ahead on to the grass (didn't even bother steering towards the runway), frantically pulling up on the stick.

Fortunately, the fighter barely needs 20ft before it can take off so I was soon off the ground and buzzing the control tower before getting the fuck out of dodge and eventually storing it at the hangar in Sandy Shores. It's horrifically fragile, mind.

Is WIZ still the best share to go for if you're trying to make money on the stock market? I made about $20m per character with my last go, but I want to go for the big golf course bucks. Is WIZ still going from stupidly low to stupidly high?

I don't know about WIZ now, I haven't checked it since all my characters hit the cash limit with 750m left over to stick in low-volatility stock (chose one of the airlines on LCN).

Keep an eye on this reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GTAMarket/

The people there are obsessed and watch BAWSAQ constantly. That's where I got the WIZ tip.

Yes, Rockstar, very clever.

oDI2SeN.png

I know I'm late, but I'll finally be getting my 360 out of storage next month and should have a couple of weeks where I can do little else but play GTA 5 all day. Joy.

Only thing is, my Xbox is a 2008 20GB Pro, and I know there were loads of issues with the game crashing on the older Xboxes. Does anyone know if that's been fixed? I've googled around and there's a few suggestions but I'm not sure there's been a real definitive "do this and problems be gone" type thing.

Is my two weeks of pure GTA 5 hope just going to be shat on, basically?

I know I'm late, but I'll finally be getting my 360 out of storage next month and should have a couple of weeks where I can do little else but play GTA 5 all day. Joy.

Only thing is, my Xbox is a 2008 20GB Pro, and I know there were loads of issues with the game crashing on the older Xboxes. Does anyone know if that's been fixed? I've googled around and there's a few suggestions but I'm not sure there's been a real definitive "do this and problems be gone" type thing.

Is my two weeks of pure GTA 5 hope just going to be shat on, basically?

My xbox must be from 2006-7. I've played a lot if gta and I think I've had two crashes. I'm sure you will be fine.