IGNORED

GTA:V Single-Player Thread - next-gen versions out now!

murray

Another little incidental detail I came across which I liked, in sound design this time. I was driving along the subway and lost steering near the loop at the airport. Abandoned the car there and waited for a train. Train pushed the car along in front of it and while it was somewhere in the loop I heard a muffled explosion. Sounded a bit like in movies when a submarine explodes underwater. When the train came back around the loop to the station, it was still pushing the burnt out and utterly mangled husk of a car.

Had to delete my install and saves last night. I had all 3 characters at over 80 mill each with 88%+ complete. The game went into a loop of restarting and getting as far as an alert message stating the storage device needed replacing. This is the second time I've had this on two different 360s. Anyone else ?

Some interesting DLC hints found in the newest update:

The newest patch has stuff which is named North Yankton DLC. It has a bunch of extra clothes, including a strap on, a gimp mask and what appears to be a vibrator melee weapon.

What's actually interesting though is that it contains a new special ability, which appears to be tagged as "depression". There's also a new fighting style, in the same vein as Michael, Franklin and Trevor have. It's titled Niko.

There's also Niko's apartment and his coat there. It would be easy to assume that this stuff was just leftovers from IV, but as I said its all been added in the new patch and is in the header for the North Yankton DLC. There's an item description called "Luis_Corpse" as well, and the NY train is called "Tommy Vercetrain".

What happens if you try and go off for a little jolly round the map on the North Yankton levels? The map screen makes it look pretty big - can you explore it freely, or does it just restrict you to the mission bits?

Not tried it on that map, but there are other missions where you are supposed to follow a particular path and straying too far fails the mission.

[edit]

Found someone via Google who did try and you do indeed fail the mission if you deviate.

And this is the map

Mm9uZr2.png

Fucking stunt jumps. 11 more to go, and they just get harder. This one is at the bottom, and needs a supercar. Is EXTREMELY hard. supercars break easy. supercars live at the top of the city.

FUCKFUCKFUCK

Try it online? If you die you respawn close to the last location. If the car dies you can make 2 calls to replace and deliver it. Unless you're offline only obviously in which case, good luck, keep trying!

Currently downloading. Can't believe they took so long getting the fucking thing out though, I must be in the minority of people who haven't finished the campaign yet.

**edit**

242 meg to change my number plate to my gamertag. It was truly worth the wait...

Edited by Nayson

The race side has been poorly implemented- catchup is flawed, it would have made more sense to boost the speed of the other players rather than limit the leader's; more risk/reward for those lagging behind, although I'd prefer if it wasn't there as a option at all.

Also, the payout should be lap number and track difficulty dependent. It's a real slog finding a race that isn't down the drain or criminal records as it stands.