GTAV single-player and general gameplay thread

The Country and Western station reminds me of Sundays, too. Specifically, just cursing around while it's sunny outside but you've still got the lamp on and perhaps some white wine, with the glass placed in front of a lit candle, waiting for a pie to bake or for your housemate to return from Sainsbury's with some gaming fuel (haribo)

and an eighth

OH SHIT GTAV

• Upvote 3

Lame. You missed out on a ridiculous game. Anyway, when has GTA been about story/characters? You brush those shackles off soon enough and start creating your own.

Spurred on by this I went back and restarted San Andreas on Friday... was still happily doing bits of it by the end of the weekend (with breaks included, obviously).

So yeah, I was generally much too quick to chuck it back in the case all those years ago. Having a lot of fun with it this time around!

Spurred on by this I went back and restarted San Andreas on Friday... was still happily doing bits of it by the end of the weekend (with breaks included, obviously).

So yeah, I was generally much too quick to chuck it back in the case all those years ago. Having a lot of fun with it this time around!

Oh wow! Nice :)

I need to get the whole soundtracks of GTA III, VC and SA.

Heads-up: Liberty City: Stories' soundtrack is right up there with them.

I remember getting the entire San Andreas soundtrack boxset off Play for £13. That was possibly the best thing that happened to me that year.

I'd third or fourth the sentiment about K-Rose, I really hope for a Country station in V.

Aye, I loved K-Rose. In fact, all of San Andreas' soundtrack. It had just the right mix of tunes I loved, and tunes that grew on you. IV's in comparison always felt too painfully cool and obscure to me, and hence took a longer time to get in to. I'd usually spent time flicking through the stations in IV until I found something I liked, whereas in San Andreas, I could pretty much start out with what I got as soon as I jumped in a car.

Aye, I loved K-Rose. In fact, all of San Andreas' soundtrack. It had just the right mix of tunes I loved, and tunes that grew on you. IV's in comparison always felt too painfully cool and obscure to me, and hence took a longer time to get in to. I'd usually spent time flicking through the stations in IV until I found something I liked, whereas in San Andreas, I could pretty much start out with what I got as soon as I jumped in a car.

Agreed IV was a bit poncy but it had its good points. I ALWAYS listened to Massive B (dancehall etc), whereas it's not a genre I would listen to usually.

TBOGT had some great cheese though, especially K109. Young Hearts Run Free, Disco Inferno, He's The Greatest Dancer, Relight My Fire... :wub:

One thing that bugged me with IV's radio was that it always seemed to start playing at the same point, meaning you always heard the same bits when driving.

Also after RDR there's no way they wont have amazing weather. Bring on the thunderstorms on the hilltops :)

IV was the best for me, introduced me to so much music I had never heard of before and now love and listen to regularly. Be your Dog by the Stooges! A Rainbow through Curved Air by Terry Riley! Love on a Real Train (or was it Remote Viewing?)by Tangerine Dream! Where's my Money by Busta Rhymes. Flashing Lights - Kanye West. Badder Den Dem - Burro Banton! Too many to mention and I've not got into the tracks I know and love! And that bit where youbug matey's car and he's singing along to Golden by Jill Scott, and I had done the exact same thing about 5 minutes previously.

Sorely missed some modern dance music (though TBOGT added a fair bit), but for ripping round the streets in some sports car, some hammering old DnB is direly needed.

Do IV, L&D and BoGT tie together at all storywise?

The stories are separate but there are points where they intersect with each other. It's quite clever really.

That said, I got very bored with Lost and Damned to the extent that I just skipped it after putting a couple of hours in - it was all a bit grim and depressing. Gay Tony, on the other hand, was great and recaptured a lot of the classic GTA 'exaggerated reality' feel - very OTT missions and general feel, great cheesy music and lots of fairly funny stuff, but not as cartoonishly mental as Saints Row.

Just looking at the wiki page for GTAIV's radio to help with my terrible memory. Incredible. I'm prepared for disappointment with V, there's no way they'll beat it. An ambient station, two reggae stations, one fusion, one jazz and one african funk station, A disco station, a hardcore / punk station, tons of rock and hip hop stations...fuck. And all with proper brave selections, not just cranking out big tunes. I think i'll stick the game in tonight, just drive around for a few hours.

GTA4's soundtrack is fabulous. The only station I don't really listen to is Massive B, and even that's good.

But then, they all are. Good track programming is as much a part of the success of the franchise as anything else I reckon. Their original tunes in the first GTA are brilliant.

Hehe, I guessed that would be the tune before I pressed play. That tune should be in every GTA by act of Parliament.

I was sad when it didn't appear in 4, at the very least it should always play when you're driving around liberty city.

• Upvote 1