rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
murray

GTAV single-player and general gameplay thread

I just read that the Xbox 360 version comes on 2 discs: Disc 1 is a mandatory installation - 8GB of base data - then Disc 2 is the game disc, which can be played from disc or installed too of course.

Now, I always install discs to the Xbox 360, because otherwise it's as loud as an aircraft and gets hot enough to red-ring.

But I'm wondering: If you install both discs could it make performance WORSE? The game wants to stream base installation data whilst accessing game data on disc 2; so if they are both installed to the HDD, won't that make the HDD work harder to access two things at once?

I just read that the Xbox 360 version comes on 2 discs: Disc 1 is a mandatory installation - 8GB of base data - then Disc 2 is the game disc, which can be played from disc or installed too of course.

Now, I always install discs to the Xbox 360, because otherwise it's as loud as an aircraft and gets hot enough to red-ring.

But I'm wondering: If you install both discs could it make performance WORSE? The game wants to stream base installation data whilst accessing game data on disc 2; so if they are both installed to the HDD, won't that make the HDD work harder to access two things at once?

Yes. You want both devices, hdd and optical, running at the same time.

Good news about the install. Can it not stream off a USB stick and stream off the net too, just to get the most out of it.

Those vids just tripled the length of this weekend.

Crew request sent: Jim_835 on PSN

I might have to unplug my wifi this weekend, the temptation to read reviews and check out vids is too much. I dont want this spoiled at all.

Yes. You want both devices, hdd and optical, running at the same time.

So it's going to be best to install disc 1, and not install disc 2?

I had a GTA online dream this morning. It was just like battlefield, but with civilians in the mix. We all split into two sides and had a giant battle across the city, there was a lot of collateral damage and eventually we all got arrested and had to do realistic (in game time) prison sentences. Luckily there was still plenty of gta type stuff to do while we were in there.

Hitting each other with the purple shower dildo?

Actually thinking about it, a stint in jail (as part of the story) would be pretty mint. You have one of the 3 guys locked up and the other two have to break him out. But you can still control the guy in prison. You have to make sure you do the right things so that you can be in the right place at the right time for the breakout.

Or even when the character gets busted, you can chose to leave him in for a day or busy him out the local jail.

Hitting each other with the purple shower dildo?

Actually thinking about it, a stint in jail (as part of the story) would be pretty mint. You have one of the 3 guys locked up and the other two have to break him out. But you can still control the guy in prison. You have to make sure you do the right things so that you can be in the right place at the right time for the breakout.

Or even when the character gets busted, you can chose to leave him in for a day or busy him out the local jail.

Press X to not get bummed?

Shall I split leaked images and videos off into a new thread? It'd make it slightly easier for the weak-willed among us to keep things fresh.

Yeah I'm really struggling to resist.. Although the few I have clicked have been :o:omg:

Is that open world game that KP Skips one? :-D

Yeah, Action Biker :) Awesome game.

Although 'open world game' was a bit of a stretch but you could do it in any order you liked by roaming around a map, so it sort of was ;)

Amusingly, I think it's been moved to the spoiler images thread :lol: